Altisource Labs

www.altisourcelabs.com

Altisource Labs Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Mark Hynes

Quit your other job. Work here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe growth around here really is incredible. Growth naturally opens holes in any organization, but anyone here can fill take some ownership and plug the holes, which is part of why this place is so exciting and has such tremendous career opportunities.

The products and companies we are building here are going to revolutionize the industry. The mortgage industry is highly regulated and sits on archaic software, which takes a lot of capital, a multi-year timeline, and a reputable beta customer to disrupt. Very difficult to do as a stand-alone start-up, but those ingredients exist here.

Killer instinct. Most people here have it, and it is contagious. Most employees are "always on", and never stop driving.

Brilliant, historically successful management.

ConsAltisource Labs falls within the larger Altisource org, and not everyone in the rest of the org has the same inherent drive, so simple cross-org tasks can take a long time.

Lack of domain knowledge: Lots of smart software professionals. Not many mortgage professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus. Value is only added when projects are completed, not when they are started.

Lots of promises an equal number of disappointments

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey feed you pretty well. Starting salaries are above average

ConsStarting salaries are above average so they can convince people to work here. No promotions or raises unless you threaten to quit. Upper management is all theory and no execution. Promises are routinely made and then forgotten about. The turnover here is probably 80% every 2 years. The positive reviews for this company on this site are plants from the HR/Recruiters.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit pretending to be something you are not. You are not a cutting edge start up. You are a giant corporation where 95% of your workers are in India. Quit hiring people based on what college they went to and find some people that actually delivered things in real life. Quit hiring VP's who have no role and no one reporting to them

All a buzz in Boston!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsStartup environment, resources, less riskier than many other startups due to parent company. Right in Boston. Progressive thinkers. Fun events, the people here are really what make my days at work so good. I love my team...smart people!

ConsGrowing so fast, we are outgrowing our own office space. People are spread out, but excited we will have a brand new office soon.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Throwing money at problems with no management direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey pay very well and only hire very bright people. The company is cash rich and can spend when they need to.

ConsUpper management has prestigious degrees and very little practical experience. They try to fake it but after a short period of time you realize they have no clue what they are doing. They expect the staff to work long hours but there is no strategy for what people are working on and a lot of work is thrown away.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire people with experience not just great book learning. Need to really care about the staff and treat them better than slave labor.

Best Opportunity in Boston, hands down.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPersonal growth is enormous here. You really are part of the next big thing in Boston. You can feel the energy and excitement in the building when you walk in. People are generally nice and fun, everyone is moving in the same direction.

ConsWork-life balance isn't the greatest, but its what you would expect from a start up. Processes can be frustrated because they aren't defined yet, but again its a start up environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you keep telling your employees that they are doing a good job for you. They are the most important part of your company and they are working very hard.

A new approach to corporate innovation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsBig upside, proven history of spin-out success, a methodology for only hiring the "best and brightest"

ConsInnovation requires change. Not everyone likes change/change is hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementFail fast/fail often.

Tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe Labs are growing tremendously -- there is so much work to do and you have the ability to work independently and create immediate value. I have been able to work with the most senior people in the office and have benefited from their guidance while impacting the growth of the firm.

ConsThe firm is growing very quickly and there is not always clear direction or guidance. It can be difficult to navigate and you need to be able to make decisions without immediately knowing if they are the right ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave behind some of the antiquated ways of the parent company. Provide ongoing training to current employees as new business units and senior leaders are created/hired.

Just Say NO !!!!!

ProsSmart People in the Us Offices

ConsIt's a Sweat Shop so be prepared to work 12 + hours a day on average if you are in the Domestic offices and around 14 - 16 if your in India. Unfortunately management utilizes the reactive software methodology on a day to day basis. The company only cares to about the bottom line and could care less if you stayed or left. Altisource relies of this work force in India to crank out sub par code as fast as possible at the lowest rate possible. Also even though you're a FTE you still have to punch a clock.
    In regards to Pay the company likes to entice you with a bonus that hardly know one gets the full amount.
    If you want more just look at the Altisource review ... they changed there name to altisource labs due to their bad reviews. Lastly HR / Recruitment posts false positive reviews on glass door just to hook you. BEWARE!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees and remember the slavery has been abolished.

An interesting environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsYou're working with the smartest people in the field and with the newest technologies.

ConsYou're working with the smartest people in the field = you're working with huge egos. It's a stressful environment with deadlines that are hard to meet. The teams are spread out across different time zones.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe client can't have everything they want at the time they want it.

Massive growth opportunity.

ProsWork at Altisource Labs is very hands on and creates a positive challenge for its employees. Altisource Labs is very focused on building next-gen software products that will have an immediate and lasting impact on the financial services industry.

ConsLong hours, but if you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working hard, you'll be among some of the most talented people in the software industry.

Worked for Altisource Labs? Contribute to the Community!