Altisource

Altisource Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro

William B. Shepro

Pros:
  • "Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams"
    in 16 reviews
  • "good salary structure and chance for rapid growth"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Working hours are sometimes very harsh on individuals and work life balance is lop-sided"
    in 10 reviews
  • "2> Senior Management in United States, they are not aware of things happening in India"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

so so

I have been working at Altisource full-time for more than a year

Proshaving good work life balance

Conslow tech support and ambiguous tasks

Always in a mode of change

Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time for more than a year

ProsI have gained valuable industry experience

ConsNot a lot of growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop internal opportunities for employees to grow.

BEWARE!!! You've been warned. Don't believe me, find out for yourself

Vendor (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Altisource as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsVery few, almost not worth the effort

ConsTOO MANY TO LIST. Nothing is stateside, why would that be?

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is non-existent. Call and find out.

Horrible company

I worked at Altisource full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNone. There is nothing positive to say.

ConsTheir sole purpose is for their board members to get richer by off-shoring everything they can. They have laid off thousands of Americans.

very easy to do

I have been working at Altisource

Prosthe ease of appling for a position

ConsI do not think there are any

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good place to work

I have been working at Altisource

ProsHard workers that want to do well and share a sense of accomplishment. Benefits are average and people are nice too.

ConsInternal processes are still in the maturing phase, which can be frustrating. No real cons that I can think of.

Most petty company I've ever worked for

Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time for less than a year

ProsFair salaries for the right skills
Free coffee? (I'm reaching)

ConsWhen people asked me why I resigned my position, I can’t really say it was one specific thing. Here are some of them:

• 10 hour work days are the norms, so they say. Why? No reason, just because. It was very job and manager specific though. Some people are paid by the hour, plus OT over 40 hours, plus do some of it from home, so they didn’t mind at all. I wasn’t a manager and there was no rush for my work so there was absolutely no reason for me to be working 10 hours a day, but I was made to just because my manager had to do it. He didn't seem to understand that he was a manager and I wasn't.

• A lot of the employees work in India and the Philippines which led to an endless amount of frustration when trying to do your job. It isn’t about saving money on salaries though. I made a point to ask why they had this very inefficient way of doing business. My manager told me they do this to avoid US corporate taxes. The company is registered in Luxembourg even though all of their business is in the USA. To be a foreign registered company, a certain percentage of your employees must be based outside the USA, so that was the reason why Indians were reviewing properties even though they had never been to the US nor knew anything about the real estate market. It was the strangest business model I have ever seen.

• They have a finger print reader that you have to sign in on every day. They claim it is to keep track of people’s time off, but that is a lie. If that were the case, you would just have to sign in using your employee ID, but they want to make sure you are there and signing in yourself, so they make you record your fingerprint. That would become a central theme in this company and other reviewers have pointed this out. If you take nothing else from these reviews on Altisource, remember this: Management doesn’t trust the employees. I’ve never seen anything like it.

• Two weeks before Christmas, they laid a bunch of people off in the St. Louis office and cut off their benefits immediately.

• In the Atlanta main office, they are pressed for space, so more than likely, you will be herded into a large cafeteria/call center type area with absolutely no privacy or ability to concentrate.

• Every day you will see a new person walking through the hallways to interview. Every single day. It’s not because they are expanding so much as the high turnover.

• Don’t count on remote access to work some of those long hours away at home. It requires an act of Congress to get it and even then, they won’t give you access to your email or the servers.

• Those that did get to work from home weren’t allowed to work on any screen greater than 15 inches. No dual monitors either. ????

• They also don’t like you to wear ear phones when you work and they will enforce that from time to time.

• You aren’t allowed to drink coffee without a lid on it at your desk . ???? I joked with my friends that I was going to bring my 4 year old niece's sippy cup in and drink out of that.

There is so much I could say, but I would like to remain somewhat anonymous. You should know that I ever never written a review about a company before, and I have worked for dozens. That should tell you something about this place.

I used to joke with my friends that I was working for Potter. If Potter from “It’s a Wonderful Life” had lived and formed a company in mortgage services, it would have been Ocwen/Altisource. I am so glad to be free of that place.

So my advice… if you get a job offer and you don’t have anything else on the table and have bills to pay, take it. You might end up in a better job with a better manager. If you are looking through the reviews, I would sort them by locations in the USA and ones in India. Some of those people in India are just happy to have any job.

In any event, you have to do what you have to do. However, if you have any skills whatsoever and you have another competing job offer, even if it pays less, even if the commute is a little longer, even if anything really, take the other job offer or stay at your current position. The grass is not always greener.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop working people to death so they don't jump ship the first offer they get. Don't focus on the trivial things. Trust your employees.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Altisource full-time

ProsGood company to work for

ConsThere are no downsides with company

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Altisource/Ocwen has earned their poor reputation in the mortgage industry.

Coppell, TX

I have been working at Altisource full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you are desperate enough for a paycheck and have some form of deviant desire to harm yourself, this may be the place for you. Some of us only ended up here as our companies were acquired and our job has yet to be outsourced or downsized to the less experienced.

ConsPoor sr management that prides itself on whatever it takes to make a buck and reduce expenses. At the same time, very disorganized, bills don't get paid and middle mangers promoted from drive thru window. Claims of being a technology company while using outdated, ineffective applications and systems that behave as if in third world countries. Absolutely no concern for the employee. Dishonest, unscrubulas and unethical business practices abound.

Advice to Senior ManagementAltisouce/Ocwen is not contributing in a positive way to the mortgage industry, most of which are truly interested in serving the greater good. This company better represents it's unseemly underbelly only concerned about itself and will ultimately not survive the way it presently regards its actal most valuable resource, the employee. This company has no desire to be listed among the top 100 companies to work for but does it have to be so obvious. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Not a good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Altisource full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility. Able to work remotely.

ConsJob descriptions are often inaccurate. They'll tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. Lots of red tape. Low salaries and overall lack of leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that making your employees happy is worth the money.

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!

Altisource – Why Work for Us?

Altisource® provides services to some of the most respected organizations in their industries, including one of the nation’s largest sub-prime servicers, government agencies and many lenders, servicers, investors… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altisource reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Altisource CEO William B. Shepro. All 231 reviews posted anonymously by Altisource employees.