Altisource

Updated August 14, 2014

2.8

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Pros
  • Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams (in 17 reviews)

• Good salary, executive team is one of the best and does provide directions and mentoring (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working hours are sometimes very harsh on individuals and work life balance is lop-sided (in 14 reviews)

• 2> Senior Management in United States, they are not aware of things happening in India (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent place to grow

Pros

Tremendous opportunities to grow for people who want to work 24x7

Cons

Not an ideal place for people who need a work life balance

Keep up the good work

Ready Fire Aim, leads to a rocky road

Pros

The pay and benefits are ok, with matching on 401K and good insurance. Pleasant office. Position was intellectually challenging with broad responsibility.

Cons

Strategic management poor, resulting in layoffs; but kept top heavy management. "Broad responsibility" also means you wear multiple hats, can be a problem in a highly regulated industry. Systems never seem to be able to support existing services, much less new ones. Heavy reliance on off-shore employees comes with unrealistic expectations of them. Poor management of internal services such as vendor management, expenses, information is always behind - weak HR, ZERO career guidance and from an internal view, average technology for a company billing themselves as having "integrated technologies and decision models". Always feel as though they'd ditch us if they could break our jobs down into small enough pieces for a much lower paid offshore analyst, so I don't get the warm fuzzies I like to feel from an employer.

See cons, above. Avoid them at all costs.

Let go shortly after starting

Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Salary was comparable to previous employers. Opportunity seemed to be very good, with the possibility of upward movement.

Cons

Worked there for only 4 months before I was laid off! Upper management did not have their ducks in a row, for the NEW line of business I was brought on to help get up & running. The Legal Dept. delayed are start and as a result of many delays, we could not get the business needed to sustain the reason for all of the staff hired (5), and as a result 4 of 5 were laid off, with no real clear explanation.

Reduce the layers of management and you will be in a better position.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company doesn't value employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Competitive salary is about all that comes to mind. Of course this isn't a pro when you realize you will work 1.5 times as much as you would in another job, therefore they are underpaying employees. Additionally, the annual increase is like 1% so it won't take long for competitor pay to surpass Altisource pay.

Cons

You will work 70+ hours per week plus weekends and if you don't, they will find a reason to let you go.
    The culture is a non-trusting, non-empowering form of slave labor where senior management thinks every employee is out to rob the company.
    Global company with offices in 5 countries but they keep cutting travel budgets so you can't visit your staff or properly supervise overseas operations.
    Expense reports take months to approve and no company credit cards so its your money they are holding.
    You are told to take time off, but when you do they question your commitment and interupt your PTO with urgent calls and fire drills.
    Staff is crammed into cubes in every nook and cranny because company won't spend the money on adequate space.
    Company makes all decisions based on financials, not the impact to employees or customers.
    Employees must punch in and out, showing all the overtime you aren't getting paid for.
    There is no work-life balance, just work.

If you spent more resources and effort on taking care of your staff, you would come out ahead because you wouldn't be burning employees out and having to re-hire and re-train new employees every 6 to 12 months. Also, if employees keep leaving under certain managers and executives, maybe you should be looking at replacing that manager or executive. Finally, do a 360 now and again, you might get some valuable information.

The Culture is very quirky

Pros

The initial pay to get you in is decent

Cons

They are a small company that grew over the last few years but is still operating as mom and pop.

Be more family oriented. Don't make promises to employees that cannot be kept.

so so

Pros

having good work life balance

Cons

low tech support and ambiguous tasks

Great Boss = Great Job

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

I enjoy working here because my boss really give me room to grow my skills. She is very encouraging and always helpful when I don't understand something.

I also really enjoy my work environment and the people in my office.

Cons

There aren't many cons in my role.

Learn how to encourage your employees to do well.. not scare them into getting results.

Leave you feeling empty. No thought for employees.

Former Employee - Residential Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Residential Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

What is a PRO? I guess they pay on time and checks never bounced. Oh yeah, we had a office birthday food day once a month.

Cons

Everyone is fake. Give your soul away. Your days are numbered. This whole thing is smoke and mirrors, hope you have a backup plan.

Grow a set.

Great place to confirm what you don't want in your next job!

Former Employee - Puppet  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - Puppet in Maryland Heights, MO

Pros

Good Benefits and PTO for employees.

Cons

Everything else. HR lies to new applicants, stating they realize the salary is low but bonuses make up for that. Unfortunately, the bonus statement is never in writing, but only verbally communicated on the phone. The bonus plan was changed after hiring and is only attainable if you skip steps in your job while only looking at items that quality checks may find.

Doesn't matter as they don't care. If you mention concerns, it is disregarded and you are now labeled.

Always in a mode of change

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I have gained valuable industry experience

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities

Develop internal opportunities for employees to grow.

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!