Altisource

Altisource Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro

William B. Shepro

Pros
  • Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams(in 17 reviews)

• Good salary, executive team is one of the best and does provide directions and mentoring(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working hours are sometimes very harsh on individuals and work life balance is lop-sided(in 14 reviews)

• 2> Senior Management in United States, they are not aware of things happening in India(in 11 reviews)

Excellent place to grow

ProsTremendous opportunities to grow for people who want to work 24x7

ConsNot an ideal place for people who need a work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Company doesn't value employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompetitive salary is about all that comes to mind. Of course this isn't a pro when you realize you will work 1.5 times as much as you would in another job, therefore they are underpaying employees. Additionally, the annual increase is like 1% so it won't take long for competitor pay to surpass Altisource pay.

ConsYou will work 70+ hours per week plus weekends and if you don't, they will find a reason to let you go.
    The culture is a non-trusting, non-empowering form of slave labor where senior management thinks every employee is out to rob the company.
    Global company with offices in 5 countries but they keep cutting travel budgets so you can't visit your staff or properly supervise overseas operations.
    Expense reports take months to approve and no company credit cards so its your money they are holding.
    You are told to take time off, but when you do they question your commitment and interupt your PTO with urgent calls and fire drills.
    Staff is crammed into cubes in every nook and cranny because company won't spend the money on adequate space.
    Company makes all decisions based on financials, not the impact to employees or customers.
    Employees must punch in and out, showing all the overtime you aren't getting paid for.
    There is no work-life balance, just work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you spent more resources and effort on taking care of your staff, you would come out ahead because you wouldn't be burning employees out and having to re-hire and re-train new employees every 6 to 12 months. Also, if employees keep leaving under certain managers and executives, maybe you should be looking at replacing that manager or executive. Finally, do a 360 now and again, you might get some valuable information.

The Culture is very quirky

ProsThe initial pay to get you in is decent

ConsThey are a small company that grew over the last few years but is still operating as mom and pop.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more family oriented. Don't make promises to employees that cannot be kept.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

so so

Proshaving good work life balance

Conslow tech support and ambiguous tasks

Great Boss = Great Job

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsI enjoy working here because my boss really give me room to grow my skills. She is very encouraging and always helpful when I don't understand something.

I also really enjoy my work environment and the people in my office.

ConsThere aren't many cons in my role.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to encourage your employees to do well.. not scare them into getting results.

Leave you feeling empty. No thought for employees.

Residential Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsWhat is a PRO? I guess they pay on time and checks never bounced. Oh yeah, we had a office birthday food day once a month.

ConsEveryone is fake. Give your soul away. Your days are numbered. This whole thing is smoke and mirrors, hope you have a backup plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a set.

Great place to confirm what you don't want in your next job!

Puppet (Former Employee) Maryland Heights, MO

ProsGood Benefits and PTO for employees.

ConsEverything else. HR lies to new applicants, stating they realize the salary is low but bonuses make up for that. Unfortunately, the bonus statement is never in writing, but only verbally communicated on the phone. The bonus plan was changed after hiring and is only attainable if you skip steps in your job while only looking at items that quality checks may find.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter as they don't care. If you mention concerns, it is disregarded and you are now labeled.

BEWARE!!! You've been warned. Don't believe me, find out for yourself

Vendor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery few, almost not worth the effort

ConsTOO MANY TO LIST. Nothing is stateside, why would that be?

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is non-existent. Call and find out.

Horrible company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. There is nothing positive to say.

ConsTheir sole purpose is for their board members to get richer by off-shoring everything they can. They have laid off thousands of Americans.

Always in a mode of change

Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI have gained valuable industry experience

ConsNot a lot of growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop internal opportunities for employees to grow.

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!