Altisource

Altisource Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro

William B. Shepro

Pros
  • Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams(in 17 reviews)

• Good salary, executive team is one of the best and does provide directions and mentoring(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working hours are sometimes very harsh on individuals and work life balance is lop-sided(in 14 reviews)

• 2> Senior Management in United States, they are not aware of things happening in India(in 11 reviews)

I was having a very good learning experience with altisource.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsVery friendly working culture in altisource

ConsWork pressure is very high

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Decision making

Beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company hires incredibly competent people, but does not trust them to do their jobs and consistently micromanages them.

ConsThe company advertises itself as a forward thinking organisation, yet its culture is stuck in the 1980s. It is more concerned with face time than actual work product. If you are considering working for this company, I would caution you. There is no work/life balance; no balance at all. The average attrition rate for employees in the Luxembourg office is ~12 months. Draw your own conclusions.

Excellent place to grow

ProsTremendous opportunities to grow for people who want to work 24x7

ConsNot an ideal place for people who need a work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Transitioning in between

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Proslearning
    multiple caps
    work oriented
    decent pay
    flexi hours

Conscompany vision not shared with all
    lack of processes

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your employees

Was a grt place to work, till it gt seperated frm Ocwen nd went into expansion frenzy.

Associate (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosjob is easy.. not much pressure..

Conspathetic appraisals... salary not up to stanadard..

Company doesn't value employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompetitive salary is about all that comes to mind. Of course this isn't a pro when you realize you will work 1.5 times as much as you would in another job, therefore they are underpaying employees. Additionally, the annual increase is like 1% so it won't take long for competitor pay to surpass Altisource pay.

ConsYou will work 70+ hours per week plus weekends and if you don't, they will find a reason to let you go.
    The culture is a non-trusting, non-empowering form of slave labor where senior management thinks every employee is out to rob the company.
    Global company with offices in 5 countries but they keep cutting travel budgets so you can't visit your staff or properly supervise overseas operations.
    Expense reports take months to approve and no company credit cards so its your money they are holding.
    You are told to take time off, but when you do they question your commitment and interupt your PTO with urgent calls and fire drills.
    Staff is crammed into cubes in every nook and cranny because company won't spend the money on adequate space.
    Company makes all decisions based on financials, not the impact to employees or customers.
    Employees must punch in and out, showing all the overtime you aren't getting paid for.
    There is no work-life balance, just work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you spent more resources and effort on taking care of your staff, you would come out ahead because you wouldn't be burning employees out and having to re-hire and re-train new employees every 6 to 12 months. Also, if employees keep leaving under certain managers and executives, maybe you should be looking at replacing that manager or executive. Finally, do a 360 now and again, you might get some valuable information.

Good pay

Team Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsCompany pays good with market standard

ConsStartup company ..working on setting different things

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Unprofessional staff and no life outside work.

Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) Vāshi (India)

ProsNone, None, None, None, None, None

Cons11 Hour long shifts with no allowances for the extra time, crappy culture, unprofessional staff,no life outside work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI joined Altisource at Vishwaroop IT Park, Vashi about 3 months ago and left it on 27th of June 2014. In those 3 months of experience, all I can say is that the staff is kiddish.

The manager had heard some rumors saying I was going to leave the company and he excluded me from all the teams and I was there alone in the corner where no one even bothered to look. The people in teams were called for team meetings and I was left out.

Totally frustrated, I walked out of the company on 27th and the floor manager came and held my bag to stop me from going. I was pretty calm even then until he stood in the middle of the door and asked the security to raise the alarm as if I had committed a crime.
    Suddenly I was surrounded by all security guards to stop me.
    When asked for the reason for leaving the job, everyone including the security people heard it and he had nothing else to do than to let me go.

To add to all this, they shift timings which range from 10-11 hours with nothing extra paid for the 1-2 hours extra we do.
    Possibly the company expects us to have no life outside work

All in all, this was the worst experience I had.. What kind of managers do kiddish things like these which only a school going kid would do.. Altisource managers for sure.

Very good

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsVery good company to work

ConsNo cons of the company except transport

You have been warned. Its a career suicide

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsAfter active asking by an manager, HR; I am writing this review. However could not convince myself to lie. So here is the true story. Not much to list here.
    They do offer transport to and fro. There is nothing else that comes to mind.

ConsNo respect or value for people. Couple of examples: After slogging away, I came to know another person had been hired at almost double my salary for the same job. Manager didn't show any respect even with any good work done. And all this when I was rated as a high performer... It is sad.
    People who can kiss upto their seniors, are sure to succeed here. Promotions happen so fast for such people. If you are one of them... this is a great place for you
    HR team doesn't have any skills. It is just a bunch of incompetent people led by a couple of bullies
    No role clarity or personal growth.
    There are a lot of things to write but I guess you have a picture now. Its your call what to do if Altisource calls you :)

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't suggest anything to Ivy league graduates who think everyone else besides them is an idiot.

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!