Altisource

www.altisource.com
Employer Engaged

Good

I worked at Altisource full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

There are no downsides with company

None

Altisource/Ocwen has earned their poor reputation in the mortgage industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are desperate enough for a paycheck and have some form of deviant desire to harm yourself, this may be the place for you. Some of us only ended up here as our companies were acquired and our job has yet to be outsourced or downsized to the less experienced.

Cons

Poor sr management that prides itself on whatever it takes to make a buck and reduce expenses. At the same time, very disorganized, bills don't get paid and middle mangers promoted from drive thru window. Claims of being a technology company while using outdated, ineffective applications and systems that behave as if in third world countries. Absolutely no concern for the employee. Dishonest, unscrubulas and unethical business practices abound.

Altisouce/Ocwen is not contributing in a positive way to the mortgage industry, most of which are truly interested in serving the greater good. This company better represents it's unseemly underbelly only concerned about itself and will ultimately not survive the way it presently regards its actal most valuable resource, the employee. This company has no desire to be listed among the top 100 companies to work for but does it have to be so obvious. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Disaster of a company to work for with no future.

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co workers were wonderful and fun to be with.

Cons

Management lacks for sight and innovation and an overall lack of knowledge of the subject matter. They have grown so much through new hires and buying other companies that they can't keep up with the influx. The IT department cannot make progress on a new platform that they have been working on for 2 years and most of that is outsourced.

Not listening to the people you hired for their expertise.

Not a good experience.

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. Able to work remotely.

Cons

Job descriptions are often inaccurate. They'll tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. Lots of red tape. Low salaries and overall lack of leadership.

Realize that making your employees happy is worth the money.

Management will lie to your face

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flex time, good PTO and other benefits, decent salary. People directly in my office were great, upper management not so much.

Cons

Just about everything - one of the worst managed companies I've ever worked for.

Get a clue and stop lying to your workers

No loyalty to their employees

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A good salary and benefits.

Cons

Too many jobs outsourced overseas resulting in a lack of quality, direction, competence and morale for the US workers.

No advice as it wouldn't matter.

Boring, lack of management and communication

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro to working at this company was knowing what NOT to do and how to NOT act at a real company.

Cons

There were so many, I don't even know where to start.

1) The position advertised to me in the interview and all the potential work I was supposed to be doing was completely deceptive. Many times there wasn't any work to do at all. Other times, I was specifically told I wasn't allowed to explore my interests and learn new skills, and given mindless tasks to perform instead.
    2) There is basically no training for the job, although the work is easy enough that not much training is required.
    3) The compensation isn't that great, and the term "bonus" is nonexistent.
    4) There was no mid-level management to help bridge the gaps or to help mitigate problems in the office.
    5) Huge lack of communication for everyone: between teams, management, etc.
    6) There was never any feedback or constructive evaluations.
    7) Management definitely plays favorites. If you don't say yes to everything or voice a dissenting opinion, you may be ignored in the future.
    8) Claims the company is a start-up; there is virtually no culture at this company.
    9) In my time at the company, saw a huge portion of people quit (good indicator of how much people liked working here).

Work on clear and frequent communication, provide constructive feedback,

Unprofessional, deceptive, and unethical. Worst company I have worked for.

Former Employee - Valuations Reviewer in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Valuations Reviewer in Coppell, TX

I worked at Altisource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only Pro after Altisource acquired Power Valuation Services was the awesome people that worked there and the ones that were left after the December 9th Layoff (good timing).Two weeks before Christmas and it took over a month to get any severance and Cobra information.

Cons

The product (Hybrid) not an accurate tool for determining any reconciliation of value, the technology that we used to determine such a skewed value was over 20 years out dated. The treatment of middle management and the un realistic pressure to produce on a system that never works correctly. SR management, HR and SR management in India can be categorized as deceptive and heartless.

At the very least follow the "Golden Rule" you all apparently forgot since Grade School. Also realize the product you are "pushing" on clients is about 20 years outdated and not very accurate. You had a Diamond (Power Valuation Service) and you exchanged it for cheep, knockoff costume jewelry. As far the bonus and work flow, ridiculous.The ICP was never attainable after July of 2013, the last 8 days on our production month schedule we mysteriously had no work but come the first of the month we were slammed with un realist goals, as are my former colleagues completely swamped now that the

All over the place

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management wants to improve, there is a culture to go fast, the necessary investments are been made, there is change at a super rapid scale

Cons

Too fast, not enough time to fix the current problems and continue at current speed. The incredible fast growth has resulted in a company that is full of legacy processes that do not reflect the size of a company this size. The company wants to be a large company but still operates as a small company in multiple areas, this creates a negative and confusing environment for everyone.

Slow down and fix the current problems, prioritize.

Dishonest, heartless, shady and lacking in compassion for employees

Current Employee - Residential Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Residential Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

decent PTO is about all I can say

Cons

Very shady business practices. Bonuses are a dangling carrot. They control every aspect of the ICP structure. I still work here and they just completed a layoff of more than half our office 2 weeks before Christmas with an immediate cutoff of all benefits. Heartless. Trying to run the company with 90% of it's employees in India evaluating portfolios of property values in the USA. Makes no sense when most of them have never even been in this country. No offense to anyone in India but I certainly wouldn't feel justified in getting paid to place a value on property in their country.

There needs to be a certain level\ of honesty and respect given to your employees. Way too much favoritism goes on.