Altisource

Updated August 19, 2014

2.8

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Pros
  • Very flexible and good work life balance with very good interaction between teams (in 17 reviews)

• Good salary, executive team is one of the best and does provide directions and mentoring (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working hours are sometimes very harsh on individuals and work life balance is lop-sided (in 14 reviews)

• 2> Senior Management in United States, they are not aware of things happening in India (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

BAD... No job security...

Pros

Salary is credited on time..
    Working times are slightly better as compared to others in the industry
    Good mortgage processes

Cons

BAD MANAGEMENT
    WORST TRANSPORT FACILITY
    THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR TENURED EMPLOYEES
    POOR WORKING CONDITIONS

STOP HIRING DONKEYS...
    STOP BEING GREEDY...

Good challenging environment which helps you develop multiple skill sets

Current Employee - Manager Operations  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Manager Operations in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Good leadership and the best compensation in the Industry. .

Cons

Could work a little more on employee engagement.

Encourage more cross functional transfers so that emplyees can develop on skill set

Good place to work

Current Employee - Engineering Director  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Dynamic environment which provides an opportunity to learn and add value. Good salary, executive team is one of the best and does provide directions and mentoring

Cons

Too much work pressure and work life balance goes for a toss at times. Overall the work culture is good and relies only on performance so in a way, you write your own destiny

Need to revisit the white board to design the new processes and think of engaging the teams in a way that they feel the ownership.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Pros

friendly to work with people

Cons

less salary, need improvement with more benifits

You have been warned. Its a career suicide

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore (India)

Pros

After active asking by an manager, HR; I am writing this review. However could not convince myself to lie. So here is the true story. Not much to list here.
    They do offer transport to and fro. There is nothing else that comes to mind.

Cons

No respect or value for people. Couple of examples: After slogging away, I came to know another person had been hired at almost double my salary for the same job. Manager didn't show any respect even with any good work done. And all this when I was rated as a high performer... It is sad.
    People who can kiss upto their seniors, are sure to succeed here. Promotions happen so fast for such people. If you are one of them... this is a great place for you
    HR team doesn't have any skills. It is just a bunch of incompetent people led by a couple of bullies
    No role clarity or personal growth.
    There are a lot of things to write but I guess you have a picture now. Its your call what to do if Altisource calls you :)

I can't suggest anything to Ivy league graduates who think everyone else besides them is an idiot.

5 resignations in a single day.

Former Employee - Technical Leader  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Leader in Bangalore (India)

Pros

1. Pay.
    2. You can leave the company within 15 days if u resign within 3 months of joining. (This is what saved me)

Cons

I was part of a team called LRM in Consumer Analytics division.

I shud have doubted them as soon as they agreed upon my expected CTC without even negotiating.
    I was wondering how on earth can a service company pay that much. Soon after joining and speaking with the director I realised their funda. Basically they target people from Gud product based companies with a nice JD, which is no where related to the work you would be doing and pay what ever they demand .
     I had seen the Glassdoor reviews before joining , which was very bad. But thought it might be only in some division. But trust me the reviews written are 200% true.
    The management thinks everything in the world is money. They expect employees to work and deliver from the first day 14 hours a day and also on weekends. And since they pay gud money they think people don't bother.

Trust me 5 of us resigned within 15 days of joining and more followed. And we didn't had any offers. Still we cud not convince ourselves to stay there

There will be no documentation or knowledge transfer or domain training. You r expected to deliver from day one.

The behavior of management and HR are even pathetic. It can't be explained in words here. You will get a mail from hr and manager for petty things.

Its a BPO . Its not at all a software company. You have to swipe in everyday, wear formals. Etc etc.

You can see tens of people leaving everyday. That's why they have recruitment drives every weekend .

Its not just with my division. Its the same with all the division.

Fix all those mentioned in cons. Stop bevaing like a BPO and start acting like a product based company.
    And stop thinking that everything in this world is abt money. There is something called work life balance which you should understand the meaning of

Pathetic company.

Pros

From outside of company it looks good because of the reviews such as growing company etc

Cons

Few self centric fools sitting at top level management hwre in India for their benefits are exploiting the employees for their personal gains in terms of securing their jobs and pay packages.

Would not recomend joining them at anu cost untill you are really sure that you will not get any other job at this planet earth

Management at India : Boss, please try to understand that you are human and you should start behaving like other humans you hire and exploit their career. You have potential to think in favour of employees.

Management at USA : Please stop treating us as your slaves

Had to give one star as without it the review can not be submitted.

Current Employee - Associate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Low Work Pressure; Good working atmosphere,

Cons

you get to learn a lot of new things in this organisation; A friendly environment; good management;

N/A

Good Experience

Former Employee - Preservation Coordinator  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Preservation Coordinator in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Good work life, not much pressure.Good working environment

Cons

Not much growth oppurtunties, very rare of promotions.

Excellent company to be associated with

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Since it is relatively new in the current market segment, there definitely is a lot of potential both for the company and employees.

Cons

The fact that it is a relatively new set up, gives a lot of opportunity to organize certain aspects thus offering a very excellent platform to learn.

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!