Altran Technologies

www.altran.com

Altran Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Altran Technologies – Bangalore – “Building”

Altran Technologies Chairman and CEO Philippe Salle

Philippe Salle

Pros
  • Pleasent place to work, more then correct management, interesting projects(in 6 reviews)

• Good vacation/sick benefits and the work environment is business casual(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • had been moved inside the company with no communication (savage restructuring)(in 3 reviews)

• You have a career path for technical (good point) but it is not necessary what you would expected(in 4 reviews)

I enjoy working at Altran!

Engineer (Current Employee) Cranbury, NJ

Prosinteresting projects
    diverse client opportunities, including international
    strong leadership who are willing to roll up sleeves and get involved
    global organization
    flexible work hours during summer (half days on Fridays)
    employee social events

Consproject pressures can lead to stressful days at times

Very satsifactory

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsPleasent place to work, more then correct management, interesting projects

ConsFor last three year, salary increase (except indexation) is only possible thorugh extra work - over already expected 40+ hours per week.

Great place to work for technically, R&D & innovation-oriented consultants with business development skills

Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros-fast career progression in early years
    -interesting innovative projects
    -implementation-orientation: we offer real solutions, not powerpoint slides
    -ideal for engineers with social/people skills and management ambitions
    -ideal place to start for university graduates with various internship experiences in industry
    -offers trainings and certifications (Project Management, International Management Academy, ...)
    -excellent work/life balance
    -international atmosphere in their offices - lots of French, German and Spanish
    -family-friendly - managers try to fit you with projects closer to home
    -many after-work events, summer and winter parties
    -quarterly communication meetings with the management and monthly conferences

Cons-to get into the higher management levels, at least 10 years of seniority necessary
    -high implementation focus in the projects leads to long projects, so around 1-2 years/project is often the case. However this means, you don't have to sleep in hotels each week and fly often to other locations. Some consultants have 2-3 month projects, but that also means more stress and being away from home.

Advice to Senior Management-more diversification in customer portfolio
    -recruit more engineers with people/management skills
    -use consultants with relevant experience to acquire new projects (more delegation)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a great starting point!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsThere are lot of benefits, good environment, and areas for participating in the company.
    Competence Centers, Learning , mentoring, etc.
    If you have extra time to dedicate to Altran's activities is very well received.

ConsThe fact of having 90% of people working in customer premises make almost impossible to grow within the company and have an adecuate performance evaluation and career growth.
    Career plans are not trustable at all (to many changes, bad communication, and not real evaluation for new possitioning), it seems this plan only applies for some countries where consultants are majorly working at Altran's office and not as external in customer office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo allow consultants to have access to more information is positive for the company's evolution. Managers should get closer to consultants, and not try to give a image of superiority, that create more distance and lack of confidence.

Good opportunities for proactive people and go-getters

Pre-sales Director (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsFlexible work
    Opportunities to learn a lot
    A technology focused company
    High competences of colleagues

ConsHR management though it tends to improve
    Average salary of consultants

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the pace of improvements (career paths, strengthening competencies, client oriented ...)

very satisfactory

Rams Consultant (Current Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

Prosmanagement, training, opportunities, enviroment, flexibility, it is a company with a great projection and and just growing up fastly. it is a great company

Consi didn t find any cons during my period within the company

Advanced Business Manager

Advanced Business Manager (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsAltran puts more and more emphasis on training and close contact with the consultants, which is very important and necessary. Altran is a company in my opinion where, the more you put in it, the more you can get out of it, It depends mostly all on yourself. As manager you might be unlucky for 6 months, 12 months, but not for 24 months not for 36 months. Put the work in it and it will come out of it. The same applies for the consultant, you might work on very interesting projects, but sometimes a less interesting project is also an opportunity. An opportunity to develop other skills, to develop management skills, to move into a new role, to advice a client truly on acquired competences. See the positive from interesting and sometimes less interesting projects, it will be worth it in the end!

ConsUnfortunately the management of the consultants depends of the quality focus of the Business Manager and the ethics of the manager. The pitty is that the work of great managers is undone by the work of incompetent, selfish / egoistic managers that do their job for themselves and don't help their consultants to develop their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work between manager and consultant should be a mutual agreement, the more effort and work you put in your consultant to work on great projects, the more you have contact, the more your perform, the more you get back from your consultant. That works of course in both ways, unfortunately It is my opinion that the manager first needs to get the trust of the consultant. Once there is trust, there is a great possibility for a great collaboration. I have done it, that means it is truth and it works! Of course, it demands more work from the manager... with not necessarily more return... If that's the only thing we work for???

Altran Technologies.

Advanced Consultant (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsMost employees are very qualified. There is an open culture and it is very easy to speak with high-level managers and directors. The company is also very flexible in terms of Schedule.

ConsI don´t see many cons in Altran Technologies. But if I had to say one I would say that salaries are not very high considering the employees' experience and qualification.

Great

Consultant (Current Employee) Oeiras (Portugal)

ProsGreat project and opportunitties in general

ConsSalary, but its general in Portugal

Advice to Senior Managementmore recognize of employers effor

Better than most consulting firms in Spain.

Consultant (Former Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsGood working environment. Possibility of working in some interesting projects in telecom, aviation, railroads if you have the right skills.

ConsThere are way too many managers and too few technically competent workers. Lack of career opportunities apart from project management. Training is mostly internal and provided by own employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more and better quality training.

Worked for Altran Technologies? Contribute to the Community!