Altran Technologies
www.altran.com Paris, France

Altran Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014
Altran Technologies – Bangalore – “Building”

Altran Technologies Chairman and CEO Philippe Salle

Philippe Salle

Pros:
  • "Pleasent place to work, more then correct management, interesting projects"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Altran has great benefits and work environment"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "had been moved inside the company with no communication (savage restructuring)"
    in 3 reviews
  • "You have a career path for technical (good point) but it is not necessary what you would expected"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

very satisfactory

Rams Consultant (Current Employee)
    Barcelona (Spain)

Prosmanagement, training, opportunities, enviroment, flexibility, it is a company with a great projection and and just growing up fastly. it is a great company

Consi didn t find any cons during my period within the company

So much potential held back by a lack of understanding employees' potential and best practices

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Bordentown, NJ

ProsTerrific staff. Not great, Terrific. Person-per-person, I have never worked at a place with as much employee talent and potential, and I have worked at some great companies.

ConsThe biggest problem is the company is ruled iron fist-style. Management doesn't bother recognizing strengths of certain employees who can make significant contributions. What takes place instead is a top-down imposition of procedures that hurt - not help - employees do their job. In the end, projects suffer and so does client relationships as a result - and the bottom line inevitably. Software and I.T. Infrastructure are also a big problem: slow, inadequate and old. Worse yet, management seems to not recognize the importance of efficient data workflow or even having current software.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees have their tasks and the tools with which they are given to do those tasks. The more transparent i.e.: sensible, appropriate, concise, devoid of needless complexity their routines are, the more they can focus on doing their work. The tools with which they are supposed to work should be extensions thus enhance their ability to get the job done... not get in the way and inibit them from continuing their train of thought on an intra-day basis or exhibit the inexcusable dysfunctions as old software combined with new operating systems or poor I.T. architecture creates. Operations at this company are needlessly arthritic.

Experience was ok but technical trainings are a mess

IT Consultant (Former Employee)
    Barcelona (Spain)

Pros- languages
    - invest on the employee
    - social benefits
    - insurance
    - expenses when you have to move to the client's office

Cons- technical trainings are a mess
    - if you wanna move from a client is not possible
    - the career development is just at the unit level, not in all altran units

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Welcome to the world of body shopping

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsYour learning curve is fast and the nature of the business allows you to grow in a variety of industries and companies. It is an ideal setup for people looking for horizontal progression and becoming an self-developed specialist.

ConsYou are considered as a commodity. Compensation & benefits are disappointing, knowing the revenue you bring to the company. No team spirit nor living values.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the body-shopping approach. Start offering a real service and showing sincere respect for people.

Interesting clients and calm place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bristol, England (UK)

ProsA person will very likely work in aerospace industry with corporation clients, that is nice experience to be able to share.
    The environment is calm, people are friendly, with minimal level of 'politics'.

ConsKeep in mind that Altran is sharded into hundreds of small companies, your experience may vary depending on what office you work in. As a result, you will unlikely feel like working in a huge company they claim to be.
    The company invests very little into its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great overall, but increasing the training budget will help.

Stupid Management and no furture

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

Proseasy work and very relax. the management even don't konw what you did every day.

Consvery poor management, the worst management I have ever seen. no furture for the career

Great place for rapid growth (if you strike lucky)

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Brussels, WI

ProsThe company has an incentive to place tou - they don't get paid otherwise - so they put your profile up for jobs you might not yet be fully ready for. If you get in though you'll learn a ton

ConsIt's a body shopping organization by nature. Hence there's no sense of team, they are run by the numbers so investments in training etc are tough, and they might place you in some crappy job if you're not vocal enough about it..

Advice to Senior ManagementSell fixed price projects and adjust the metrics of the business managers. They're trapped in doing body shopping time and means by how you measure their progress

Advanced Business Manager

Advanced Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Brussels (Belgium)

ProsAltran puts more and more emphasis on training and close contact with the consultants, which is very important and necessary. Altran is a company in my opinion where, the more you put in it, the more you can get out of it, It depends mostly all on yourself. As manager you might be unlucky for 6 months, 12 months, but not for 24 months not for 36 months. Put the work in it and it will come out of it. The same applies for the consultant, you might work on very interesting projects, but sometimes a less interesting project is also an opportunity. An opportunity to develop other skills, to develop management skills, to move into a new role, to advice a client truly on acquired competences. See the positive from interesting and sometimes less interesting projects, it will be worth it in the end!

ConsUnfortunately the management of the consultants depends of the quality focus of the Business Manager and the ethics of the manager. The pitty is that the work of great managers is undone by the work of incompetent, selfish / egoistic managers that do their job for themselves and don't help their consultants to develop their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work between manager and consultant should be a mutual agreement, the more effort and work you put in your consultant to work on great projects, the more you have contact, the more your perform, the more you get back from your consultant. That works of course in both ways, unfortunately It is my opinion that the manager first needs to get the trust of the consultant. Once there is trust, there is a great possibility for a great collaboration. I have done it, that means it is truth and it works! Of course, it demands more work from the manager... with not necessarily more return... If that's the only thing we work for???

One of the biggest consulting comanies in France

Electronics Engineer (Current Employee)
    Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

ProsEasy to hire for graduates
    big company, opportunity to know many people, possibility to have access to online courses

Conssalary not very interesting
    managers does not take into account consultant's career plans (I don't want to generalize but that was my case)
    very high turnover (you feel the need to go in 2 years max)

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice concern the automotive sector managers: not to consider only short term benefits; considering medium to long term progress of consultants will certainly be more interesting for the company too.

Poor management

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Cranbury, NJ

ProsCo-workers were nice to work with.

ConsProject managers are horrible to work with. NA manager a horrible person in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your upper management HE is bringing the company down. He is arrogant and abusive to employees. How he has gotten away with saying the things he does in this day and age is beyond me. Even HR can't get a grip on him. He fires anyone who reports negatively back to France about him.

Worked for Altran Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altran Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Altran Technologies CEO Philippe Salle. All 79 reviews posted anonymously by Altran Technologies employees.