Altura Communication Solutions

Updated February 9, 2015
3.4

Bob Blazek
1 Rating

Great experience for future endeavors into the telecommunications/management field

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Springfield, MO

I worked at Altura Communication Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The training at Communications Solutions, LLC was extremely thorough and the management were very involved in ensuring the success of every agent they hired. They promoted within, so the possibility of advancement was open to everyone. Hard work and determination proved to be very fruitful for the employees who did want to move up in ranks. I was a sales manager within 6 months of being hired.

Cons

The company offered health insurance to their employees through payroll auto deduct; however, it provided very poor insurance coverage. Their was always an issue when trying to use the benefits, and it was quite expensive for the employee. They provided a much better health insurance package to their management and administration, and I found that to be quite unfair, as the entry level employees were the backbone of the company.

I believe the turn over rate would be much less if they offered the same benefits to lower level employees, whom many had families. Domestic Partnership inclusion with the insurance would also be a great improvement, as the environment was a very diverse one.

Former Altura veteran for over 8 years

I worked at Altura Communication Solutions full-time

Pros

Work life balance. Competitive benefits package. The people are pleasant to work with.

Cons

The company is so concerned with cost savings when they should focus more on the employees and boasting their morale. Salary freeze for over 3 years.

Lack of appreciation or acknowledgment when dedicated employee like myself left the company is a reflection of how much the CEO cares about the employees.

Nice people but frustrating structure

I worked at Altura Communication Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hands off, flexible work-schedule
    Decent salary and benefits
    Co-workers were all very nice and pleasant to work with

Cons

Not always clear that the company supports growth initiatives
    Rarely saw co-workers, its a very mobile work environment so its easy to lose touch
    Didn't always have the resources to meet contract requirements

Encourage greater collaboration between employees, communicate growth strategy and ROADMAP

Great Company To Work For

I have been working at Altura Communication Solutions full-time

Pros

Salary is okay, benefits are very good, my peers are excellent people

Cons

job security, Upper management to be more honest on company direction

Be honest about direction of the company. We're all adults here. We can handle it!

How Altura went from a business communications provider to a heartless profit machine

Former Employee - Undefined in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Undefined in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Altura Communication Solutions

Pros

Decent income, good work ethics, excellent co-workers

Cons

Altura is no longer a telecommunications product and service provider. It is a Cash-cow for Platinum Equity Holding. All decisions are so financially focused they are choking out the decisions to provide excellent customer care. Decisions are not made on what is best for the company and customer but are 100% strictly financial at the moment. No long term customer relationship commitment.

They will not listen. They are too concerned about keeping their job. They are afraid of Platinum Equity Holding. They do not want to be unemployed either, so they make decisions sacrificing other employees to save their own. Get out while they can. The "bean-counters" at Platinum Equity Holding has captured their soul.