Alvarado Hospital

Alvarado Hospital Reviews

Updated May 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

The best experience a healthcare worker could have...and I had 15 years there...

Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsAll staff work well together. Being a centrally located department (pulmonary) I had a chance to work in every department. I would definately go back to work there if I was still in the area.

ConsThe inter-departmental management was hands off occasionally when there was a need for a hands-on approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation seemed fair, leadership seemed fair with opportunities to lead as well, and work-life balance to me seems to be the individuals job, not the hospitals.

w While I was employed at Alvarado Hospital I had a great experience with all the other staff members.

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsEveryone was so friendly and helpful. The managers were very kind and helpful and fair. Parking was easy.

ConsUnfortunately change of ownership multiple times caused unease in staff members. Work hours were continually cut without informing you at home.

Pharmacy Technician

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsI really enjoy working with my staff.

ConsI don't stand in the pharmacy with nothing to do.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a smaller hospital compared to other hospitals in the area and is therefore a good stepping stone for healthcare professionals.

ConsWhen I was there, the hospital was still doing paper charting. It was a bit inconvenient and it was sometimes difficult to read the writing of other healthcare professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management had both good and bad leaders. After being on the floor for awhile you know who will make your day more or less stressful.

Frustrating

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a job when they are hard to find.

ConsToo much work for too little pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to lead the industry, strive to be the best, strive to stand out from the crowd. Be the hospital of chioce in the area, have the best technology in ALL areas of the hospital, not just a couple.

Worked for Alvarado Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alvarado Hospital reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Alvarado Hospital employees.