AmTrust Financial

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Barry D. Zyskind

Friendly culture, fast paced, a lot of learning

ProsSmall groups of coworkers which work on similar, specific issues which contribute to a larger purpose for the team. It's a fast paced environment with a fun culture that forces oneself to learn quickly. Management is friendly and laid back with coworkers which keeps the stress level low. There is not a lot of micromanagement.

There are a lot of different employee tropes; charismatic project leaders, knowledgeable technical gurus, passionate analysts, and persistent testers. There is a place for everyone, and the day to day runs smoothly. It's very easy to find the correct people to learn from.

ConsCommunication can be on the slow side. Scheduled reviews are rare. The beginning learning curve is steep, and the company does not have a formal training process.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore information on expected personal financial growth potential. Look into a more formalized training regimen.

Work life

Underwriting Service Technician (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPlenty of Overtime if desired.

ConsWork life balance can be a bit difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Run fast, run far!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe majority of "leaders" are uneducated in the conventional sense, i.e. they don't even possess high school or college degrees. They rely solely on their rank and file employees to drip feed them even the most elemental information that they, in turn, endeavor to transmit to their superiors (VPs and above) in a quasi-intellectual fashion. It's akin to watching someone drive a car with no brakes - a perfect equilibrium of amusement and fright!

ConsSimple case of the blind leading the blind.

Benefits, which are abhorrent, are the primary reason people work here. Furthermore, they don't even begin to eclipse the abysmal hourly rates that the majority are required to stomach.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your managers aren't hoodwinking prospective employees by misrepresenting the actual competencies required for certain position. Otherwise, it proves to be an impressive waste of everyone's time, money and energy; particularly the employee's.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits poor management

Testing Analyst (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsCompany has good benefits. Nice having the bank holidays.

ConsDesks arrangements are very close together with limited space, so you have no privacy at all. Management does not clearly communicate what they want from you and then you get blamed for there miscommunications.
    They are going through some growing pains but management really needs to communicate better with the employees. In a year no one has ever sat down with me and clearly defined my responsibilities. It a fly by the set of your pants environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employees, set career paths and expectations.

good experience

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prosgood people to work with.

Consboring work. projects are limited.

Great employees...but some senior executives are verbally abusive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFellow employees are great to work with. Pay is competitive.

Conssome senior executives can be verbally abusive. environment is very high strung

Entry level job ok-not a place to build a career

Commercial Undewriter (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsNo micromanagement; You can learn entry level skill sets here..

ConsManagement is not honest with employees regarding career paths. Nepotism and favoritism rule. Employees are systematically eliminated when they start to earn serious salaries. I worked there for over 5 years and left with virtually the same skill set and compensation I had when hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in career development and long-term training.

Good Place to Work

ProsEmployees, Benefits, Attire, Lifestyle.......................... Good place to start.

ConsPay, Management Really need more training for specific positions

Very Busy and Noisy

QA Department (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGood benefits and salary. Friendly people. Pretty open dress code.

ConsLots of young people who don't know how to behave in an office environment. Can be loud and obnoxious at times.

You learn more from a bad experience than a good

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsYou may get to travel and no one really pays attention to what you're doing

ConsAlmost everything is a con. There is literally no company culture (I didn't know this was possible). The management team is terrible and there is no guidance what so ever. They only promote their friends and family and choose the worst possible people to be managers and leads. This was the absolute worst working experience I have had in my entire life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in a management consultant and do a top down. If there is a reason that the slash and burn method was created, this place is it!

Worked for AmTrust Financial? Contribute to the Community!