AmTrust Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Barry D. Zyskind

Not a bad place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed environment. Flexible hours. friendly co-workers for the most part.

ConsStructure of the company is a bit weird. Management is out-of-touch with the work flow of the departments. Company had picked up business tremendously over the 2.5 years that I was there but our department didn't grow nearly as fast as it should've.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the workloads and don't burn your good workers by overwhelming them. Approve new-hires more quickly.

Run don't work here

ProsThere are no pros for working here.

ConsManagement are bullies and are very disorganized. Company has no guidelines for underwriting. Very chaotic and disorganized Computer systems are horrendous always problems with operating.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire your best friends to work and fire all upper management especially in the Nashua office.

Unorganized and chaotic

Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsAM Trust is a fast growing company with continuing acquisition of other insurance carriers.
    People here are friendly. Location is great. People in the branch office are very helpful and easy to get along with.

ConsNo clear directions. Their computer rating system is horrible. No formal structure and underwriting guideline. Each department does not communicate with each other. You can start a new project and completely changed overnight. IT dept is a joke. They could never figure what the computer problem is when you call them. NO formal training in place. The company is very unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and have a formal structured planning before buying another company that is in trouble. Have a clear set goals and direction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amtrust Group Review

Underwriter (Current Employee)

ProsModern workplaces located within walking distance of public transportation. Employees are consistently busy without being overwhelmed. The workflow and systems are easy to learn and use.

ConsThe office uses remote desktops to access home office programs, fit requently disconnects and you lose work. Older workforce, they are resistent to modern techniques and technologies to facilitate jobs. Lack of compliance guidance, if you can't use ISO, IRMI, NCCI and other insurance sites to find answers you won't find anyone else there that can. No standard operating procedures or best practices. .

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine how to better organization and use resources. Update the interface between remote desktops and local computers for ease of use and better interaction between programs.

Ownership Concerns

Underwriter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsImmediate management team, is solid. They understand how to manage, mentor and develop talent. They understand the market as well.

ConsNew Owner out of New York and the Upper Level Officers are clueless about property & casualty insurance. They do not reward hard work, the display no concern to keep talent. Company had a combine ratio of 70 and still didn't give salary increases to employees. Owners has a reputation of buy insurance companies and then selling them off for a quick profit.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice for lower level managers, find a better home for your talents, I believe the ship is sinking.

Unless you work in the corporate office - opportunities for growth do not exist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternal management at my location was awesome. Intelligent, experienced work colleagues. Commute to and from work pretty easy. Again, good people in the location where I worked

ConsUpper mgmt at corporate) did not keep all of the other satellites up to date in regards to any changes in regards to business philosophy, expectations, or technology. Too busy buying other companies to consolidate processes/technology in a timely/streamlined way.

Advice to Senior ManagementI actually listed the advise to management up above under the cons. Frankly, it felt a lot like the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. Also - you couldn't get a straight answer on technical issues in a timely manner, if ever.

Worked for AmTrust Group? Contribute to the Community!