Amadeus Consulting

Lisa Calkins

16 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Software Developer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being with a consulting company gives you a great chance to learn the latest and greatest technologies. Not always bleeding edge, but usually cutting edge which has its perks. I love the people I work with, which is very important to me

Cons

Poor salaries. Bonuses can be nice, but not always guaranteed.

Look else where

Former Employee - Software Developer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boulder, CO

I worked at Amadeus Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture and casual work environment

Cons

Poor leadership. Despite your hard work and successful performance reviews, you could be fired a week before the holidays for no reason or without explanation. Executive team is greedy and untrustworthy.

Consider the impact your poor decision making has on your employees. Work on improving morale instead of lining your pockets all of the time.

Great company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is incredible. The executive team works hard to emulate a culture of learning and respect. Executive team is very involved in day to day activities and is always interested in making changes to improve the business. The employees of Amadeus make the company an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

The world of consulting can create cycles of busy and not busy. During the busy times it can be challenging to keep up with the work load. Executives and management are willing to provide assistance and support. During the not busy times, it can be challenging to add value or work through solutions due to the fact that all hours must be billable.

When not busy we should be working to improve our processes so that we can be more successful when busy.

great place to work, fun culture, interesting clients and projects

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting full-time

Pros

hiring to keep up with growing work load, c level listen to what their employees want/need, positive culture, always know where you stand, ceo is very involved and has monthly status meetings with everyone, open door policy with management

Cons

benefits package and salary isnt what it would be at larger company, but the trade offs of working at a smaller company are worth it

continue communicating with your employees about your vision and plans for the future, and remember it is the "little things" that seperate you from the others and what keep your employees happy

Exciting and Face Paced Environment

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amadeus takes its culture very seriously and passionately protects what they believe in. Client experience is at the forefront of everything Amadeus does. It is exciting to be at the center of projects on the leading edge of technology, and to have exposure to such a diverse group of clients. Being surrounded by such smart, passionate professionals drives everyone on the team to be better.

Cons

Because of the diversity of our projects and our clients - change is constant. If you are a person that is energized by change you will succeed, If you are not, Amadeus could be a challenge.

Your open door policy is refreshing, and it is nice to be lead by a team of executives that truly believe in doing the right thing by their clients and their employees. Thank you for building a team environment that encourages learning and professional development.

Proceed with Caution

Former Employee - Project Manager in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boulder, CO

I worked at Amadeus Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects (types, sizes, industries)

Cons

Acts of favoritism run rampant and you quickly learn that the same rules do not apply to all including "spot" bonuses, tuition reimbursement and select group outings
    Company processes, procedures,and requirements are changed often making it difficult to ever truly understand what "should" be followed
    Employees are in a constant state of fear and will do or say whatever is suggested or pushed upon them as not to cause a disruption
    Projects are oversold by the sales team and the dev teams are left with bridging the gap in client expectations

Understand how you can better serve the company by delegating more, your involvement in the minutia causes more disruption than it does good, trust your employees

Fast Paced

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting

Pros

It is a fast paced environment so you get to see a lot of technology. All the people who work here are really smart. We get to work on some really cool projects.

Cons

There is so much work to do it would be great if hiring could catch up with demand.

Never loose the fun perks like picking what home made desert you want for your birthday.

Incredibly open learning environment that challenges you to be better than before and helps you get there!

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting

Pros

Honest candid communication
    Open door policy with management
    Continued education on multiple levels
    Responsibility to the community and the environment
    Well respected in the industry
    Management interacts with all the staff with respect

Cons

As a smaller company the benefits package is not as comprehensive as larger entities but they do offer everything (some things for additional $) and pay for health insurance for employees and match on 401K

Continue to interact with all levels within the company as it grows. Your leadership will be important as Amadeus goes to the next level

Great place to learn and grow your own skill. Working here WILL make you a better developer.

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting

Pros

Projects are fast-paced and utilize various technologies that best fit the project’s needs, exposing each developer to different tools, techniques, and an environment that continues continual skill development. Those who show enthusiasm and skill are recognized and provided the opportunity to further their own learning and careers. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly, encourages teamwork, and filled with the kind of engineers that can enjoyable navigate through entire conversations. Most importantly, the company has strong values that promote a healthy work/home balance, flexible hours and is very friendly to expectant mothers and those with a family.

Cons

The company is growing and experiencing a little growing pain as they figure out how to best go from a small company to a medium company. The company is currently in the stage of trying new organization structures and various new job descriptions. While most of the restructuring is over and, having gone through the process, everyone would agree that such re-organizations were necessary and that we are all much better off because of it.

Far too often companies cut their family friendly schedules, benefits, and attitudes. Although I have no reason to believe that Amadeus would do so, I just wanted to remind the executive team that the family friendly culture of Amadeus is one of its greatest benefits. I’m sure that as the company grows from medium to large, the executive team will still remember the little software shop where everyone was happy, refreshed, and ready to work as one big happy team.

Amadeus Consulting excels in Technology, Culture, and Leadership

I have been working at Amadeus Consulting

Pros

I have to say that this company prides itself on living it's guiding principals. The CEO personally guides leadership development sessions (11 weeks) for those employees that want to grow in their profession and as individual lives. The other technical leaders in the organization are willing to help anyone who wants to step up and show an interest outside of putting in their hours and going home. If you're looking to grow technically or personally through experienced leaders this is the place to expand your skills and step-up to new challenges.

Cons

The organization is looking for committed employees who are searching for a company where they can make an impact and are willing to take the steps necessary to make that happen. If you are just looking for a "job" and could care less about the software you work on or the clients expectations of your work, this is not the place for you. The culture here is so team oriented I've always felt I could talk to someone. The culture is it what people protect the most. The work is dynamic and we work with really cool clients (some are a pain, but most are cool). I believe almost half of the monthly business is from return clients, which shows the commitment to our existing clientele.

Keep investing in the employees that invest in Amadeus Consulting and please continue to strive to create the positive culture you have developed so far. This is the most transparent company I have ever worked for and that is refreshing. I appreciate your willingness to listen and be professional about new ideas, to improve the work place.

Thank you!