Amadeus Consulting
www.amadeusconsulting.com Boulder, CO 16 to 50 Employees

Amadeus Consulting Reviews

Lisa Calkins

Great company

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsThe culture of the company is incredible. The executive team works hard to emulate a culture of learning and respect. Executive team is very involved in day to day activities and is always interested in making changes to improve the business. The employees of Amadeus make the company an enjoyable place to work.

ConsThe world of consulting can create cycles of busy and not busy. During the busy times it can be challenging to keep up with the work load. Executives and management are willing to provide assistance and support. During the not busy times, it can be challenging to add value or work through solutions due to the fact that all hours must be billable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen not busy we should be working to improve our processes so that we can be more successful when busy.

Exciting and Face Paced Environment

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsAmadeus takes its culture very seriously and passionately protects what they believe in. Client experience is at the forefront of everything Amadeus does. It is exciting to be at the center of projects on the leading edge of technology, and to have exposure to such a diverse group of clients. Being surrounded by such smart, passionate professionals drives everyone on the team to be better.

ConsBecause of the diversity of our projects and our clients - change is constant. If you are a person that is energized by change you will succeed, If you are not, Amadeus could be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour open door policy is refreshing, and it is nice to be lead by a team of executives that truly believe in doing the right thing by their clients and their employees. Thank you for building a team environment that encourages learning and professional development.

great place to work, fun culture, interesting clients and projects

Boulder, CO

Proshiring to keep up with growing work load, c level listen to what their employees want/need, positive culture, always know where you stand, ceo is very involved and has monthly status meetings with everyone, open door policy with management

Consbenefits package and salary isnt what it would be at larger company, but the trade offs of working at a smaller company are worth it

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue communicating with your employees about your vision and plans for the future, and remember it is the "little things" that seperate you from the others and what keep your employees happy

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proceed with Caution

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsThe opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects (types, sizes, industries)

ConsActs of favoritism run rampant and you quickly learn that the same rules do not apply to all including "spot" bonuses, tuition reimbursement and select group outings
    Company processes, procedures,and requirements are changed often making it difficult to ever truly understand what "should" be followed
    Employees are in a constant state of fear and will do or say whatever is suggested or pushed upon them as not to cause a disruption
    Projects are oversold by the sales team and the dev teams are left with bridging the gap in client expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand how you can better serve the company by delegating more, your involvement in the minutia causes more disruption than it does good, trust your employees

Fast Paced

Boulder, CO

ProsIt is a fast paced environment so you get to see a lot of technology. All the people who work here are really smart. We get to work on some really cool projects.

ConsThere is so much work to do it would be great if hiring could catch up with demand.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever loose the fun perks like picking what home made desert you want for your birthday.

Incredibly open learning environment that challenges you to be better than before and helps you get there!

ProsHonest candid communication
    Open door policy with management
    Continued education on multiple levels
    Responsibility to the community and the environment
    Well respected in the industry
    Management interacts with all the staff with respect

ConsAs a smaller company the benefits package is not as comprehensive as larger entities but they do offer everything (some things for additional $) and pay for health insurance for employees and match on 401K

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to interact with all levels within the company as it grows. Your leadership will be important as Amadeus goes to the next level

Great place to learn and grow your own skill. Working here WILL make you a better developer.

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsProjects are fast-paced and utilize various technologies that best fit the project’s needs, exposing each developer to different tools, techniques, and an environment that continues continual skill development. Those who show enthusiasm and skill are recognized and provided the opportunity to further their own learning and careers. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly, encourages teamwork, and filled with the kind of engineers that can enjoyable navigate through entire conversations. Most importantly, the company has strong values that promote a healthy work/home balance, flexible hours and is very friendly to expectant mothers and those with a family.

ConsThe company is growing and experiencing a little growing pain as they figure out how to best go from a small company to a medium company. The company is currently in the stage of trying new organization structures and various new job descriptions. While most of the restructuring is over and, having gone through the process, everyone would agree that such re-organizations were necessary and that we are all much better off because of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementFar too often companies cut their family friendly schedules, benefits, and attitudes. Although I have no reason to believe that Amadeus would do so, I just wanted to remind the executive team that the family friendly culture of Amadeus is one of its greatest benefits. I’m sure that as the company grows from medium to large, the executive team will still remember the little software shop where everyone was happy, refreshed, and ready to work as one big happy team.

Amadeus Consulting excels in Technology, Culture, and Leadership

Boulder, CO

ProsI have to say that this company prides itself on living it's guiding principals. The CEO personally guides leadership development sessions (11 weeks) for those employees that want to grow in their profession and as individual lives. The other technical leaders in the organization are willing to help anyone who wants to step up and show an interest outside of putting in their hours and going home. If you're looking to grow technically or personally through experienced leaders this is the place to expand your skills and step-up to new challenges.

ConsThe organization is looking for committed employees who are searching for a company where they can make an impact and are willing to take the steps necessary to make that happen. If you are just looking for a "job" and could care less about the software you work on or the clients expectations of your work, this is not the place for you. The culture here is so team oriented I've always felt I could talk to someone. The culture is it what people protect the most. The work is dynamic and we work with really cool clients (some are a pain, but most are cool). I believe almost half of the monthly business is from return clients, which shows the commitment to our existing clientele.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in the employees that invest in Amadeus Consulting and please continue to strive to create the positive culture you have developed so far. This is the most transparent company I have ever worked for and that is refreshing. I appreciate your willingness to listen and be professional about new ideas, to improve the work place.

Thank you!

The developers get pushed to the bottom while people who kiss-up are promoted.

Developer (Former Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsThe company works on a lot of different projects, mostly because clients move on after their first experience. The varied nature of the projects does give developers good experience to put on their resume.

ConsAs a developer you are treated like a factory employee. Clock-in, clock-out and make sure that every meeting of the day is logged appropriately or three managers will stop by your desk to ask why. Company meetings, training and anything not related to a client are not paid for. They still pay salary, but you get dinged in your review for not getting 40 billable hours in. Meaning they expect you to come to their meetings for free. The development teams are crammed into noisy offices with 4-6 other developers, sales reduces estimates to meet their bonus targets and developers are expected to write software with poorly written requirements in a fixed-bid but "agile" environment. There are a couple of senior developers who have no real authority and are too busy to really help out new people. The training they promise in the interview is nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business model is broken. Investing in sales will allow you to get new business, but keeping clients would be much cheaper. An investment in your technical approach and staff would pay dividends. If you do not want to have to compete with offshore developers on price then the quality of your output should be higher than what you can find offshore.

This was such a great company to work for, now not so much.

Developer (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsThe company does a good job of giving employees time off from work. Their benefits policy is pretty good and they try to engage employees while they are at work. This used to be better, but they have turned to "corporate" events that are spurious. They do a good job of letting employees try new things and are tolerant of failure.

ConsVision is not clearly communicated to the company. The only consistent vision is that people need to work harder so projects are not so far over budget, how that can be accomplished is never relayed. The technical leadership has been eviscerated through turnover and firings for "bad attitude" which is code for calling out things the company is doing wrong. The company is in a constant fire-drill mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove to a more niche marketing and technology approach. The company tries to be good at everything and ends up spread too thin. We advertise expertise in technology that we have no experience in and then put pressure on the development teams to figure it out within very tight budgets. A more cohesive and attainable vision needs to be communicated.

Worked for Amadeus Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amadeus Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amadeus Consulting CEO Lisa Calkins. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Amadeus Consulting employees.