Amarr Garage Doors

Jeff Mick

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

hire more selectively

Press Operator (Former Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsIf you show up for work on time and work hard you will keep a job.

ConsToo many mandatory hours, very disorganized, and leadership sucks.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement needs to actually do their jobs. treat people with respect and they will work harder for you. when Assa Abloy takes over your all gone anyway.

No home life possible, ever.

Any (Former Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsI could not think on one single solitary one.

ConsWay to many to list. The worst is way too much overtime, NEVER expect to get to have home time ALL overtime is MANDATORY. They tell you duing interview overtime is occasional, down playing the way it acctualy is. What they mean is overtime is every occasion possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your heads out. We are people NOT robots.

Amarr- it's where hope goes to die.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsAs indicated by my title, I don't have many positive things to say. That said, there is a really good chance you'll lose weight working here. The working conditions are typical warm/very warm factory conditions, & most tasks involve a pretty fair amount of physical labor, so there's that. And within the small group I've been assigned to work with, I've met some great, super capable people. Sadly, they're overworked, underappreciated, & stressed out, but they don't take it out on others. In a weird way, it's almost like we're all hostages- we don't really like the situation, we wish we were someplace else, so we're just trying to make it out alive, you know?

ConsWithout a doubt, it's the mandatory overtime. Yes, you're getting paid, but due to the very physical nature of the work, you're tired, all the time, especially on that ONE day off. And it's even more frustrating because there is NO reason whatsoever that there should be so much overtime- I've never seen such a mis-managed business in my life, with an absolutely archaic computer system that hinders more than it helps. But mostly, I dislike the attitude of the company higher ups- I have been told multiple times that I should "be grateful to have a job" & that "working here is a privilege, not a right!" That kind of openly hostile & disrespectful attitude explains the remarkably high turnover rate they have, which is why they're always hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst, change your attitude. You won't have a thing to sell as long as you keep looking down your noses at the people who actually BUILD what you sell. And make overtime voluntary- you'll still have plenty of people who choose to do it, but you won't have almost every knowledgeable long term employee out there looking for a new job (which is currently the case) due to extreme burnout. Life is short, & it is not meant to be wasted working 60-70 hours a week making garage doors. Repeat after me- they're...just...garage...doors. You're not curing cancer, for the love of God.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ha Ha What a joke this place is.

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsFor the most part the people are pretty friendly and somewhat considerate. A few of the jobs are laid back.

ConsPay is less than it should be for the type of work that it is. Management needs to pull its head out of its collective ass.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to subordinates/ communicate with subordinates.

It is great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lawrence, KS

ProsThe people, the management as well as the way they let you ask questions and give suggestions

ConsLong hours, Kind of a stressful atmosphere, Saturdays are required most of the time, and there are errors by other employees

Worked for Amarr Garage Doors? Contribute to the Community!