Amazingmail Reviews

Reset
Danielle Stiehl

1. Developer Perspective

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time

Pros

Interesting concept. At our core, we print and mail postcards. It’s a relatively simple process, but augmented with our workflow, it makes for interesting work. In the end, we have a process that can be leveraged by enterprise applications for customer-triggered mailings sending a personalized card to thousands per day. And that same exact process supports any person that wants to snap a photo and send it to grandma. There are a few major pieces involved that make this possible, and working with these concepts in mind makes for fun work. Variety. We are a small team, and as such, we often tend to wear different hats. In a given week, I may work a gambit from UX to backend programming to database administration to server maintenance. It keeps things fresh. At the same time though, when I need focus on a single project, I can. Flexibility. Work from home schedules are generally allowed, and there’s never an issue when needing to run errands or step away from work for a bit during the day. Small company atmosphere. We have a bit of a corporate feel in that we conduct our meetings professionally and we put heavy focus on process. But beyond that, we retain the feeling of a small company. It’s an environment where you’re encouraged to speak your mind. Everybody is accessible. It’s an environment where you can feel comfortable. And as such, your opinions, suggestions, and day-to-day work make a difference. You get a sense of ownership of the company. Smart management. Management has a keen sense of our place in the market, and they’ve done a good job of keeping us pointed in the right direction. That’s more difficult than it sounds given that we primarily print postcards. But it’s that description of “we print postcards” that is an oversimplification that has lead previous management teams astray and caused bad decisions that lost money and good employees. I trust that our current team is leading us beyond stability.

Cons

Limited growth potential. Being that we are a small company, growth potential is limited. There is a lot of potential in professional growth via quarterly professional development goals. Salary is also reviewed annually. But there isn’t much in terms of a corporate ladder to climb. We are a unique company that has growth potential as a whole, however, so this could change over time. Legacy code. This company was started in the late 90s, and some of the code is still in use today. It’s difficult to work around some of these old blocks of code, but when it makes sense, we do refactor and update where we can.

2. Loved Company but it's Going Nowhere

I worked at Amazingmail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique potential with product. Comfortable work environment. Overall it was a good experience and some of my fellow staff and I were very passionate about company.

Cons

CEO has no vision, no marketing or sales ability, no management skills. Absolute horrible choice and company has sat idle for years now diminishing staff along the way without increasing revenue or expanding markets. I've never been as embarrassed to sit next to fellow executives until the latest CEO.

Advice to Management

Leave. The product and company can thrive again.

3. Non Professional leadership

I worked at Amazingmail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are great and respectful.

Cons

I had been there for over two years with current upper management.Very Very disapointing that ownership has allowed non talented people to run this company that at one time was ahead of the curve.Vice president has no marketing qualifications and CEO sits in the office with no direction. If you read the other reviews here they all hit it on the head and the finger continually points to upper management.Again in the last year there continues to be large turnover,no talent is left. People that have dedicated there time and talent are routinely let go because management will not listen to people with more experience than them.Not truthfull to there employees.

Advice to Management

If you were to take any advice it seems a little late,there is no one left to ask there opinion about turning things around.

5. LOVE my job

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time

Pros

We currently have a team works well together, positive environment, we work hard and play hard. Its cool because it is a smaller company, so If you have an issue, management will take your feelings into consideration. Also, we have an stellar product and awesome customer service.

Cons

Past employees have grudges apparently.... Also, parking is hard with the new business downstairs.

Advice to Management

Keep taking action on our opinions, I think management has done a great job so far.

6. Amazing Company!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers. Great communication through various departments. New logo, fresh look! Great team collaboration throughout the company, from pre-project ideas through follow up of mailed/finished projects. Rock solid sales team.

Cons

I've gained 20 pounds since working here. Donut & Bagel Fridays, many employees bringing in sweet treats to share, $0.25 sodas. It's hard to say no.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with moving us forward and up!

7. What once was an awesome company, is no more

Former Employee - Multiple in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Multiple in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Amazingmail full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice area to work. Pay was good. Employees are friendly and work well together.

Cons

Company went down in profitability quick. New CEO is fresh out of college and not professional. Does not make good company decisions and does not treat employees with respect.Turn-over at the company is the worst I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

I believe if a new CEO is assigned, the company could be saved.

Apr 9, 2013 – Vice President

Like thousands of businesses across the United States, Amazingmail felt the impact of the worst recession since the Great Depression. However, because of sound management and vision, the company ... More

8. Mixed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Good product and quality, solid quality control and passion for the product. Good team of people working in the trenches.

Cons

Poor upper management decisions and cronyism caused a large loss of revenue. Management's lack of forward vision and direction to get the company to the next level. Management tended to discount employees' good idea and feedback from clients.

Apr 9, 2013 – Vice President

This former employee is referring to a previous management team and not the current leadership.

9. I was sadly dissatisfied with this position as I expected a learning environment and room for growth.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The internship was paid, minimal, but better than no pay. Everyone is usually quite friendly to work with. Large/comfortable work environment

Cons

Lack of communication between management and staff, broken promises, management steels ideas and pawns them off as their own. The internship was filled with "busy work", studying and creating excel spreadsheets to determine trends. Not a great fit for someone that is outgoing and people oriented.

Advice to Management

When someone is hired as an intern, define the terms of the length of this internship with a specific end date. It is not very professional to promise full-time opportunities if they do not exist.

Apr 9, 2013 – Vice President

This former intern is referring to a previous management team and not the current leadership.

Disrespectful and Dishonest Management

I worked at Amazingmail full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

decent pay, bagel fridays, most of the employees were pretty friendly

Cons

Management was one giant clique. If you did not see eye to eye with one of the managers they would all team up against you. Management would also talk to you about moving you up in the company and then never follow through. This happened countless times to myself and others. If you don't go to all company sponsored events (holiday parties, happy hour, company milestone parties) be prepared for it to come back and haunt you on any sort of performance review.

Advice to Management

Well since I have heard management from when I was there is long gone all I can say is the Owner needs to get rid of the current management because of the prior reviews I have read.

11. Never Dread Going To Work

I have been working at Amazingmail full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of positive energy, good group of people working together. Majority of employees are extremely happy and have worked here for several years. Like to celebrate holidays and birthdays

Cons

The parking is usually pretty bad if you dont get there in time. The only real turn over is in sales.

Advice to Management

Encourage more open ideas and talks

RSS Feed </> Embed