Amazon.com Reviews

Jeff Bezos

1. Tiring but rewarding

Current Employee - FC Associate in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - FC Associate in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

Great benefits and good people to work with!

Cons

Long hours are tiring on the body

Advice to Management

Work with your staff more and spend less time on the computer.

2. It's among the best warehouse jobs in the area (but it's still a warehouse job).

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon.com part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. The medical will even help pay for gender reassignment (if that's what you wish to do) and recognize same sex partners. There is also stock options given annually to all full time employees. You get a week of personal time (paid vacation) in hourly increments, as well as another week of vacation time (also hourly increments). The pay is reasonable (11 to 14 dollars an hour based on seniority). Even part time employees get medical benefits. They also offer a career path (once you've been an Amazonian a year) where the company offers to pay for part time schooling up to 3k a year for four years for certain career paths. The total package (benefits, stock, and pay) is probably 18 to 22 dollars an hour.

Cons

It's still a warehouse job, which means you're going to stand on your feet for long periods of time (up to ten hours or more a day). Full time is in the form of four ten hour days (pro or con, depending, because for those four days, you eat, sleep, and work, before having three days off). Don't have any illusions about working M-F during the day, because to start, you're probably going to work both weekend days. There's relatively little opportunity for advancement in the company. There's also relatively little recognition for employees. And during the fourth quarter, you will be required to work four 11 hour days, or even five or six ten hour days, per week, for a period of time. It's hard work.

Advice to Management

You need to do a better job of giving incentives and recognition to the lowest level employees that make your business go.

warehouse associate Tier 1

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Great schedule, lots of time off, the pay is decent after you have been there a while.

Cons

The work is monotonous and not very intellectually stimulating.

Advice to Management

Promotions are very competitive and not very transparent.

Working for amazon has been amazing. You have good days, some have bad days

Current Employee - Amazon Warehouse Worker in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Amazon Warehouse Worker in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with amazing management is a plus, I love cvg3 my second time here I been here as smx temp. Came back and got hired on within a month I'm experiencing something's I was taught and learned like problem solve ambassador Full time employee training folks listening to them helping them out this is a great field to learn different techniques amazon use to keep their job running the benefits are amazing.. I never worked for a company that provided you with such great benefits as amazon do.. You can add or change information on your benefits. They even have amazon university if you want to learn about a field at your work just apply.

Cons

As I became a problem solver I thought I'd get a raise due to the enormous problems I have to solve everyday I have to work. It can become stressful and will have you as if your ready to just give it up because you feel like you being underpaid for more work you do then an complaining associate that has to receive 300 items to a cart within 30 mins or 120 items within 20 mins it can become overwhelming sometimes but I just push myself through and stick it out.

Advice to Management

Just look into problem solving and just give them the correct amount of money they deserve.. Thank you
    Cvg3 rock
    RO

6. It is a pretty easy job and pays well, the goals are not hard to meet and all around a fun place to work

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Compensation is good
    Paid Time Off is pretty good
    They give you plenty of vacation time and unpaid time for the work that you have to do.

Cons

Long hours (10 hour shifts)
    Short Breaks

Advice to Management

Make the environment more fun and not just always about numbers numbers numbers.

7. Good company so far!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Fun culture, lots of associate prizes and incentives

Cons

Long hours
    Work hard
    On your feet all day

8. Amazon.com Warehouse Associate (Pick, Pack, Rebin, Wrange, Tranship, SLAM)

Current Employee - Slam Operator in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Slam Operator in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, opportunities to work your way up, and learn new things.

Cons

The shifts can be 11 hours for 5 days a week during the "Peak" (Christmas) Season.

Advice to Management

Please Take our advise and suggestions more seriously. We work these processes every day, and know them very well. Our input should be of the utmost importance.

9. Its ok if you need something

Former Employee - Amazon Warehouse Worker in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Amazon Warehouse Worker in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great and there are great opportunities to advance to further your career. Within my two years of working I was became an onsite staffing agency coach. After getting hired on the company I became a Problem Solver, Process Guide and even became a Seasonal PA guaranteed to be a full time tier 3 PA. All of which has help in my supervisory skills. Holiday hours are great, so seasonal work there is great.

Cons

Though I moved up in the company quickly, I was able to realize the bad organization within management. People are not trained efficiently, only selective HR teams are good at helping you, and that depends on what building you are in. All the rules don't roll over from building to building, so this causes internal problems when transferring. The hours are not so good if you want some type of life. Long hours on your feet, and an unwritten rule of no talking.

10. Ehhhh

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health care package is great and pay is, as long as you aren't in the IT field.

Cons

The Operations team upper management doesn't respect anyone in the support staff.

Advice to Management

Start treating support staff with respect.

Great Internship Experience!

Former Intern - Pathways Operations Manager in Hebron, KY
    Former Intern - Pathways Operations Manager in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership
    Fast Paced program for MBA Pathways
    Challenging and refreshing work
    Good Compensation

Cons

Locations can be a bit remote, other than that - Great!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good talent.