Amazon.com Reviews in Kennewick, WA

3,503 Reviews

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
2,427 Ratings

Pros
  • Good opportunity to learn a lot in a particular area of software development (in 101 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here (in 306 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel (in 540 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company (in 125 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sticks to their consistent culture

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's easy to be recognized for skills beyond what your job description states, and have them be nurtured. Mobility always seemed like a possibility in any position.

Cons

Commitment to frugal culture led to poor working environment. Desks were cheap, supplies were cheap, and very little flexibility for comfort costs.

Good experience for a customer service job.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They really want to see you succeed. They give you so much training and help.

Cons

The hours you work are really tough

Treats employees like numbers

Current Employee - Amazon.com Digital Specialist  in  Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Amazon.com Digital Specialist in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can not think of any... I mean you can dress as you want to go to work.. thats something I guess. everything else is just a lot of propaganda to make you feel secure and that they care when they really do not and are working against you to begin with.

Cons

Very micro-managed. Your every move is watched and every click of the mouse as a representative. Management dangles carrots in front of you all the time from converting to Blue badge if you are seasonal and temporary to stock pay-outs to advancement opportunities. It all looks good on paper, but in reality is never going to happen for most of the employees. There are a chosen few that do advance and for them the benefits are great but what they had to to do to get there no MORAL person could stomach.

Take a personal inventory of yourself and what you are doing to other people just to protect your job! If you do that then maybe there can be change.. but I am not hopeful as its an all out for oneself culture in this country

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved Amazon! Great pay & benefits!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working for Amazon they have great pay & benefits. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly I would gladly work for Amazon again. You defiantly need computer skills and know how to talk to people, but you have plenty of other people around you that are more than willing to help.

Cons

The way they change the schedules every few months and how they decide who gets what schedule makes it hard for people with children. The surveys that are needed to be done by customers in order to get good ratings it's not all that fair some people vote no because you were unable to help them the way they wanted due to policy etc.

Decent pay, decent culture, bad at communication.

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

At this call center they hand out candy every once and a while. You can decorate your desk any way you like. They give out food for certain holidays/occasions. Most everyone is nice and the pay is good for the area.

Cons

Communication is pretty poor and they focus a lot on statistics. They watch your time closely.

Managers should get to know their employees a lot better. Don't focus solely on statistics, it can stress out the employees and therefore make them not as productive and effective.

Not for Everyone

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

decent pay.
    good training.
    fun people to work with.
    good benifits and stock options after full time.

Cons

schedules are not that great.
    you get schedules by bidding for them - if you dont have great scores you get bad hours.
    cant take time off if you dont have any banked.
    it is a call center - its not for everyone.

pretty buddy buddy but nice on the whole.

Would go back to again

Current Employee - Digital Labs CSA, Call Center  in  Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Digital Labs CSA, Call Center in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Relaxed dress code (other call centers I worked for required business wear)
    Management communication
    Room for advancement

Cons

Work hours are not flexible
    Mandatory overtime for holiday season
    Working on Christmas day

Keep the communication between management and employees open.

Great company. Makes you get out of your confort zone! Jeff Bezo is great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

Data driven company with leadership development focus. Values MBA

Cons

Too based on e-mail communication.

Amazon is all about the people!

Current Employee - Tech Specialist  in  Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Tech Specialist in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

They are very people oriented. Both in the way of employees and customers. As an employee, there are so many perks and enjoyable things that make it fun to work there. During the holidays and especially on the cold / snowy days, the management team made chili, pancakes, waffles and other delicious "warming" foods. They pass out candy and all other many of treats to keep everyone going on long days. And, as far as customers, we employees are given the tools to really help them. It's not often that we have to hide behind a policy, because our policy is to leave our customer's with a good experience. Period.

Cons

The schedule is very rigid. You sign up for a schedule that stays the same for at least a few weeks. In my case, I have a schedule that I love. It's a rigid Monday thru Thursday, 10 hour days, and a three day weekend. That's nice. However, it's not a given that I will keep that schedule in the future. I guess it's a "downside" and an "upside" that schedules are bid for, and they are given according to how well you are doing. I've always had the schedule I wanted, but I still have the slight worry that I could be stuck with a schedule that I don't want.

I think y'all are doing a great job! I've worked for call centers before and I've never enjoyed them as much as I enjoy my job now!

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!