Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews in Scranton, PA

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos

Pros
  • Good opportunity to learn a lot in a particular area of software development (in 101 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here (in 306 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel (in 540 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company (in 125 reviews)

More Highlights
8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazon - great but not perfect

Process Assistant (Current Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsIt pays decently well, the conditions aren't bad and safety is much better than most warehouses.

ConsManagement can send conflicting messages at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a true set of values and set up all your policies around them. Treat all employees fair, including at the supervisor level and apply every policy the same way every time and the morale would get a lot better.

Exciting job

Receive Clerk (Current Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsGreat benefits, opportunity for personal growth and advancement

ConsLong workdays, peak Sean is grueling

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to associates

Decent pay and benefits

Associate (Former Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsPay and benefits are OK 12.50-13.50 to start in the warehouse as a general laborer.

ConsJob requirements are sometimes extreme.

Lower level leadership team is very inexperienced and often makes things harder on the associates.

Very arrogant company and culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better promotion and hiring program for management team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was ok

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) Hazleton, PA

Prosmeet alot of people. people are helpful. there alot of new things.

Conson feet for long period of time and hurt knee because of it

Advice to Senior Managementthey are helpful but dont care about their people health

Eh. It's a job.

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsPay is decent
    Easy work
    It's no problem to make rate as long as you don't goof off.
    Met some grreat people there.

ConsTemp job.
    Management had no idea who I was after 3 months of being there.
    No benefits
    Laid off during the middle of a working day with no notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to get to know your employees maybe? I know that they hire a lot of seasonal wokerers, but still.

Bad place to work

Wearhouse (Current Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsThe only pro I can think of is that the hiring process was very very fast, maybe too fast for me to make an informed decission to work there.

ConsThe list can be so long. hard back breaking work, not easy on the body. the company and management treat you like a slave. more than 1 second late from a break and you get writen up. Written up really? is this Jr. High? Break starts from the time you leave your "station" and it takes 5 minutes to walk to break area. So in a sense your break is only 5 minutes long.

Management has an attitude that they are better than you.

It's a low paying job at only $12.50 an hour and you are rated on how many packages you handle on top of that.

bad company policies for employee's

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue how to treat people. People are not numbers, we are not machines. Have a little humanity. You are a manager in a wearhouse, get over yourself, you are not that special. maybe do something about company policy as well.

Needs less ex-military and more business professionals

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsIf you work hard they will reward you, the pay is very good for warehouse work and promotions are there if you work hard and play the politics right.

ConsThey tend to hire under-qualified ex military personnel into management. They also required a BA/BS degree but do not care what it is in. So you end up with people who went to college for physical fitness in a management position they should never of been allowed into.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont treat your employees like amazon is the army. Hiring ex-military is good, just make sure they went to school for something business related.

Amazon says: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." should be, "Work Hard. Have no Morale. Make Bezos more Money."

Temp Associate/ Integrity Staffing (Current Employee) Hazleton, PA

ProsWorking for Integrity Staffing for Amazon. Do not know if there is any pros besides the pay rate?

ConsLack of Promotions, Lack of Communication, Lack of Leadership, Lack of Knowledge, Mistreatment of employees, Favortism.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to treat the little people better. We bust our butts everyday so you all get your bonuses and reviews. If it was not for us, the work would not get done. Better Treatment and More Open Communication.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!