Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews in Whitestown, IN

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos

Pros
  • You will learn a lot while working at Amazon that will be useful for the rest of your career(in 98 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here(in 302 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel(in 535 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company(in 123 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Warehouse Associate

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsHealthy, fast paced days fly by, you can learn a lot if you want to, very clean environment, benefits are awesome, people are very nice to work with. They do a pretty good job about promoting the best candidates.

ConsThe place is so big it's hard to get noticed, Takes a while to get to get promoted, After your basic training there isn't any real structured training. Additional training is basically asking a lot of questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd a pay grade between Tier 1 and Tier 3 employees, Many employees are better than the Tier one and and need the incentive to stay.

Do not work for this comany

Outbound Order Packer (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsInsurance is awesome and that's it

ConsEverything...they treat you like crap

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and doing so, will make happy and productive employees

Can be good if you are friends with the area manangers

Stower (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsGood pay and benefits. Various cultures of employees, cross training in other jobs around the warehouse

ConsLong hours, kept on a tight rate you have to accomplish by the end of the day. Managers can be very hard at times. The HR department is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more opportunities for every person not just the employees you mostly like. The work hours are way to long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's an ok place to work but I do not like having to be at 100% everyday to keep my job

AFE (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsGood pay
    Can apply for your benefits on the first day of work

ConsOnly Amazonians can make up to 14.50/hr
    False advertisement on tv and radio for integrity

Overall its alright, Great for grinders

Warehouse Assc Tier I (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsMoney, co-workers, range of different types of jobs

ConsUpper management, have no life out side amazon, long hours, no part time, moral is usually horrible

Advice to Senior ManagementIts better if you actually communicate with each other seems to be a big discourse between management levels.

Great for high school grads

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsGood money straight out of high school. It is easy to get recognized if you are working hard.

ConsYou better be ready to work hard. There is no sitting around or stopping on the warehouse floor for 10 hour shifts other than lunch and breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter and more monetary incentives.

Warehouse experience

Packer (Former Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsThe pay was better than other warehouse positions at the time. They also have decent benefits for their employees.

ConsLong hours and stress of rate, they stress to you about your rate daily. The shifts are long and can be tiring on the body

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding toward employees

A busy, constantly on the move type of job.

Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsPros: decent pay, good people, good exercise. You get some employee benefits and learn how Amazon works from the inside.

ConsYou don't really get a break. Your feet hurt after awhile, your lunch break is short and the shifts are very long. Pretty taxing. Can be mind numbingly boring at times.

If you are relentlessly driven, you will succeed.

Process Assistant (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsThe pay is competitive. The insurance is very good. You are given a significant amount of responsibility in order to develop.

ConsYou are required to work at least 1 weekend day every week. Compensation is based on the time you have worked for the company, not performance. Responsibility and expectations at the management level can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet around the facility more often. Meet the people in the departments and give more real time quality feedback. Actionable feedback allows for more effective shifts.

Warehouse slave work

Picker (Former Employee) Whitestown, IN

ProsSometimes you would find an open box of candy to eat.

ConsThey worked you like a slave. The breaks were not enough for all the running we had to do throughout the ginormous wear house. They should definitely pay more. In the summertime it was beyond unbearably hot and it is very hard to make rate as a picker.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!