Ambitech Engineering Reviews

Allan R. Koenig

1. Great Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover Park, IL

I worked at Ambitech Engineering (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company.

Busy till you drop

I have been working at Ambitech Engineering

Pros

No micromanagement. Half day fridays ( if you can actually take them). You will stay busy if you are a performer, just won't recieve any feedback about it other than the pile up of work thry will keep shoveling at you. If you are family or friends of family, you can do no wrong.

Cons

They will load you up until you break and them blame it on you, even if you ask for help. Poor upper management, under staffed, lie to clients about man power, and then blame the disciplines when the client gets upset or there is poor quality. Take advantage of performers and rampant nepotism. Eventually bridges with clients will be burned, but thankfully for management the clients don't have too many other options right now. Walls are paper thin in offices or cube farm, only two options. You will not recieve feedback about performance, good or bad. If good, management takes credit, if bad, they let you know as they walk you out.

Advice to Management

Put your money into your performers, have integrity, don't promote and hire wives, friends, and family and then make everybody else suffer from them. Acknowledge the people that go the extra mile, from all your branches. Support your people, they are the reason you have a job. Pay attention to what is going on internally. A once a month meal doesn't really mean you appreciate them, when you aren't engaged. Follow your own standards. Actually do performance reviews.

3. Sr Electrical Engineer

I have been working at Ambitech Engineering

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Procedures updating in progress. Need to expedite the same and establish revised one at the earliest

5. Great Family owned company, great people to work with

Current Employee - Project Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Ambitech Engineering

Pros

Top notch engineering firm, wonderful people to work with and for, and also have complete work for you. Part of my 4 years there I was located on a client site, and I have to say Ambitech would come through on Schedule, Cost, and Quality. Really one of the best firms in Illinois.

Cons

Left due to health insurance, I lived in an area far South of the main office, and my health insurance basically didn't cover anything for 40 mile radius near where I lived.

Advice to Management

Consider alternate benefit packages.

Sr process Engineer

I worked at Ambitech Engineering

Pros

good work quality specially for design and calculation

Cons

I worked 1 year there, first things they dont tell you what their benefits until you get an offer , and you will surprise with extremely expensive health insurance 310 $/ month for single only about 7 day holiday , and you cant get Paid time off until you earn the hours which are 10 hours / months , if you got sick or family emergency without paid time off credit you have to apply for short term disability , after one month working their more than 3 engineers left the company because the benefit and low salaries .

Advice to Management

better benefits and inform the candidate with the insurance prices before sign the offer , and more training for the employees , and hiring young employee , I mean younger than 60 years old

7. Diversity - Projects, People, Experience

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Ambitech Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on projects from various industries. I learned a lot over my employment with Ambitech. It was the exposure to the F&B industry that ultimately landed me with an opportunity of a lifetime that I could not refuse and decided to leave Ambitech. I have to give credit to Ambitech's relationship with the client (my new employer).

Cons

There is a lot of talent at Ambitech. Suggest better training programs (knowledge transfer) so the newbies can be as valuable as the lifers.

Advice to Management

I had great relationships with my management team. It was a good group. Continue communication with those assigned outside the office.

8. Interview and feedback of the interview is mixed and poor. Very immature response

I have been working at Ambitech Engineering full-time

Pros

Inviting for personal interview after a telephone interview. Never was offered a job.

Cons

-No reimbursement for personal interview. - HR says the interview is successful - Management response is they do not have a suitable position at this time and keep the file active for future. Why should the candidate be called for personal interview (W/O reimbursement) if there is no suitable position. Loss of pay for the candidate and waste of time for the employees.

Advice to Management

Should sign up for time management course to better use it.

9. very good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Ambitech Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

excellent work environment, variety of assignments, support from upper management

Cons

health care plan is expensive for single people, no HMO options

Advice to Management

Listen to employees who are on the frontline, be aware of weak project managers

Easy to get job, easy to lose job.

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Ambitech Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is relatively easy to get hired at Ambitech. If they get a big job, the main requirement is a warm body.

Cons

Its easy to get a job, and when client cut back its easy to lose a job. Benefits are between average and poor.

Advice to Management

Its hard to be critical of Ambitech's hiring and firing techniques because they are so successful, so for the owners its a great business plan. It does work out for some employees, so if you need a job and there are no other offers, go for it.

11. A Good experience is working at Ambitech engineering

I worked at Ambitech Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management and personnel are professional and work well with people.

Cons

Keeping continuously employed with work in the office was a challenge. In the past, the work loads had to arranged personally hour by hour. To work in the field, was great.

Advice to Management

Line supervisors need constant communication with staff on jobsites. My supervisor never visited me in the field for six years.

RSS Feed </> Embed