Ambius Reviews

Ambius President and CEO John Myers
John Myers
1 Rating

1. Overall Good

I have been working at Ambius full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential of earning a good income

Cons

Upper management need to figure some stuff out

Advice to Management

Train the managers a little better to know the business

2. Slave

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ambius full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None, except one good manager, for a time

Cons

Terrible floundering international corporation. No regard to employees. Blind leading the blind. Money wasted and thrown horribly at stupid. missing the mark B to B attempts. Ruthless heartless people hired to supposedly lead the organization.

Advice to Management

Close the business, get out, you go on and kill bugs

Management

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ambius full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great people who really care about people. Otherwise there are no other pros to speak of. Horrible experience for true professionals.

Cons

No consistent direction or understanding how to run a business. It's a declining industry with no ability to plan and execute for the future.

Advice to Management

Allow managers to manage and hold people accountable for the right reasons

5. Weak Management is a road block for real talent to thrive.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ambius full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

COULD be a fulfilling place to work; was rather serious about the position that was described to me during the interview, and I was ready to make the committment, dedicate my time & dig in...

Cons

Blatant fiction during the interview process: the "extensive corporate training" was essentially non-existent; Worse, management does not have a grasp of the business at large, so they are unable to provide teaching, coaching, much less answers to basic questions. Pretty frustrating to ask your boss for guidance in your job, but s/he cannot deliver. It's basically the "blind leading the blind.' No integrity with regard to sales territories. You get hired to cover a specific territory, only to find out that the plumb accounts are reserved for company vets -- even when you can demonstrate a history with an account. No substance, no credibility. Time with this company is time wasted, period.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do. Learn the business, as well as the tools, so you can teach and lead. (A sales manager should bring more to the table than his ability to chase numbers. Just saying.). Be HONEST ... & play FAIR. Last but not least, talk to each other & project a united front for your team; the saying "united we stand; divided we fall" are words of wisdom. Learn from them ... otherwise, you are wasting your team's time & talent.

6. Frustrating, but fulfilling.

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Ambius full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working independently, but there are opportunities to work with others. Better pay than I expected starting out and though benefits are costly, they are good. The company vehicle is a nice benefit, though it could probably be updated with something more suited to the job.

Cons

Many of the old guard are still stuck in the past. They believe that this job is about taking care of plants. They don't seem to comprehend that the job is about people and our relationships we build with them.

Advice to Management

It may be time for some of you to retire.

7. Could be a fantastic company but a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ambius full-time

Pros

Love the creative side of this business. Like being able to be in the field and meet with clients. Most of the people in the office are pleasant. Some need to learn to coach and develop their teams and not dictate.

Cons

Communication is difficult. Hard to get answers to very important questions.er. It's like go ask your mother, now go ask your father. No on going training and support is hard to find. You better be a self started and figure things out by yourself. Long hours during the holiday's including weekends and no extra pay if you're a salaried employee. Branch manager loves to micro manage everything. And one over worked employee is can sometimes be grumpy and condescending.

Advice to Management

Have a support person that you can go to or call when you have a question or pressing matter when you are in the field. Have on going training's with new and innovated designs so Ambius can stay ahead of the competition. Pay your salaried people for the overtime hours put in on weekends during the holidays.

8. Ambius Experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ambius full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience in industry. Learned what I was not willing to accept in a career.

Cons

Horrible management, terrible work environment.

Advice to Management

Make sure the candidate knows what they are getting into.

9. Fantastic Growing Company

Current Employee - Sales in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Ambius full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is growing it's customer base by hiring the right colleagues to sell, service, and maintain customer relationships. On average we have grown over 10% each of the last 2 years and continue on that trend. Pay is extremely good and the culture is great to be a part of

Cons

Not many at all, lot's of work; as you would expect the harder you work the more rewards and this company provides them.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on growth and expanding our product line. The positive atmosphere is great and I enjoy coming to work each day.

Pest Control Company Destroys Ambius

Former Employee - Sales & Design in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales & Design in New York, NY

I worked at Ambius full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much after the Cintas bunch took it over

Cons

This is not a freaking pest control company !! Plants & holiday décor are a different industry, treat it as such ! Every business needs pest control not everyone needs a Christmas Tree you idiots !

Advice to Management

The Cintas boys need to leave and give back Ambius management to people who understand the interior landscaping business

11. Great Company, Great People

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Ambius full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Set your own schedule, Company Vehicle (With expense account), Company phone

Cons

Depending on location, there could be some long drives

Advice to Management

Get better vehicles for drivers, at a minimum they need cruise control. If you set a limit that is slower than the "normal" flow of traffic, it's hard to keep it below that speed without cruise control. Install a navigation system in the vehicle. Add some kind of "lift gate" system to assist some of the employees with the heavy tank

RSS Feed </> Embed