Ambry Genetics

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Charles L.M. Dunlop

Very Innovative and Passionate Company

ProsAmbry Genetics has been an amazing place to work, as a whole the company is a very warm and friendly place. All the employees are passionate about the work that they do here. The patient is always the most important thing here. It's the kind of place where people actually care about the work they do rather than just punching a clock. Ambry feels more like a family than a company. I love this place.

ConsThe pay could be a little better. But the bottom line is i would rather work for Ambry Genetics than another company even if the pay were better. This is the kind of place where everyone contributes to the company, and comes together in a way that i have never seen before at any other company i have worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementA few more holidays off would be nice, but thats about it.

Could be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is very willing to take aggressive risks (this could also be considered a con). Great work life balance as well.

ConsSalaries are on the bottom end of the spectrum. Some people have positions that they shouldn't have.

Medical Diagnostics meets Southern California beach feel.

ProsFast paced, high tech, your voice is heard, fun people, rewarding. This is a great company not just because the science and technolgies are exciting, but there is also a feel that we are doing something good for the clients and patients. People care about their work and the people it affects. Great atmosphere. Ambry is a team environment.

ConsMiscommunication, some caddiness, could use more employee incentive programs, occassional long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more room for advancment. Work on communicating with employees and not changing our schedules too much.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative Company, fun & exciting work environment

ProsBest company I've had the opportunity to work for. Creative, Entrepreneurial work environment. Company provides you all the tools and resources you need to get work accomplished. Great employee's + enjoyable work environment + enjoying what I do & what company stands for = me putting in many more hours than I realize, as do most who work here

Consslightly below average payscale. I suppose it's a trade off for working for a great company you enjoy working for.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to focus on quality science and launching of new nextgen panels, while also continuing to improve on TAT's and communication as well.
    good job in filling communication gaps with some former management

Innovative company

Management (Former Employee)
    Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsFast paced enviroment. Fun atmosphere. Friendly co-workers.

ConsConstant change. Lack of communication from top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on specific product lines and strategy.

Ambry Genetics

ProsType of work, really cool people, location is awesome, vibe is UP, laid back culture, respectable people, and respectable job. Doing something worthwhile, not just punching a clock. Like my work hours, like my boss and like my co-workers. Like knowing we are doing something new or in half the time it used to be done. Feel like this place is going to be around a long time.

ConsHoping to make more money in the next year

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's not go through any lay-offs tthe rest of the year. Looks like we're on the right track.

Laid Back place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCasual dress code, CEO wears beach clothes along with other men, some women wear short shorts, friendly staff, dedicated workers

ConsToo much hype over company success and contracts which did not pan out

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract more with individual team members - allow occasional work from home opps for everyone, not just a selected few

Promising Company Nosedives as a Result of Delinquent CEO

Sales (Former Employee)

Prosfirst to come out with NextGen cancer panels, HAD promising future as industry leader, HAD great lab personnel/scientists/medical director

Consterrible management, could not handle growth, talent left/laid off due to financial problems, employees misled re: compensation and turn around time, no structure, corrupt culture, unprofessional, clients became increasingly dissatisfied due to poor reports and lag time

Advice to Senior Managementcut-ties with CEO, needs more financial backing

Working at Ambry is very rewarding.

Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsAmbry has an admirable mission, good product, and cares about its employees.

ConsLike most companies, Ambry needs to work on communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage communication from managers. Employees are happier and more efficient when they know what to do.

Good Job

ProsIts a good job, they offer nice pay and a flexible schedule. It is a busy job, and you are always doing something.

ConsPeople are very quiet. There is not much to talk about with others. There is not anything else that bothers me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management does a good job at selecting hard working people and employees that are serious about their jobs.

Worked for Ambry Genetics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ambry Genetics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ambry Genetics CEO Charles L.M. Dunlop. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Ambry Genetics employees.