Amdocs

Amdocs Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs(in 63 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends(in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance(in 37 reviews)

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good times, some drawbacks

SME (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Prosgood company, good benefits, work hours are very flexible, smart people to work with

Conspolitical issues around inner people/management

Advice to Senior Managementdon;t hire talented people just to make them work with mediocre management

Limited Options

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFree parking, spacious cubes, excellent work personal life balance (often overtime is compensated by additional days off)

ConsRegardless of how well you perform, raises are nonexistent (even for cost of living). Promotions rarely exist and usually only after one threatens to quit. Organization is quite disorganized and doesn't work well as a team. Not the ideal workplace for top talent

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in talent (promotions and pay increases). Ensure all teams are working to the same goal. Remove the hierarchy issues

Development Manger

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHealth benefits, 401k, many customer facing positions and variety of business scenarios you can learn from

Consavg salary, crazy work hours sometimes without good justification, tendency to focus on quantity and not quaility, no clear career path

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok place to work.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere is opportunity for travel and diverse experiences.

ConsPoor company culture and leadership.

Extremely busy

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosdecent pay, ability to travel

Conswork life balance, demanding culture

Advice to Senior Managementmore training

challenging; demanding environment

Project Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Prosjob opportunities; proffecional growth; exposure to different cultures

Conswork life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementBe positive

This is a great company if you are self motivated

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are plenty of pros. The compensation and benefits are some of the best in the business. There are numerous tools you can use to gain knowledge and increase you skills set.

ConsThe company is always pushing faster development cycles. There is a culture of work longer and smarter. If you don't push back you get trampled by the work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry hiring some managers from the locale of the work. I understand that the company is Israeli but you have to give the employees some hope that they have a chance to advance.

Striving for Delivery of Transformation Projects

Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBig Transformation Projects are Delivered providing value to the customers. This ensures a win win for both Amdocs and Customers

ConsMany times the project are over committed and it affects the life balance. Lack of recognition of pure technical positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the execution of the company goals however do not sacrifice the human factor for the bottom line.

Possibly the worst employer on earth

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBenefits are competitive. There are no other advantages to working at Amdocs. Unless you are a masochist, then opportunity abounds.

ConsIn 40 years I have never worked for a person less qualified to be a manager as my last Amdocs manager. On the rare occasion that he actually showed up to work, he was completely incompetent and showed no people skills out of 5 managers I'm 7 years, I had one good manager. If you are not Israeli, or willing to work for a fraction of what the market dictates, you will not be promoted. Management seems proud that there is no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlow it up and return the money to shareholders.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Work experience

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMulticultural experience, Challenging experience, Great team

ConsPros outweigh any little cons that might be there.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!