Amdocs

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

What doesn't break you will make you stronger

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt's a company that will not be dull for a single day. It takes a strong person to work and find balance. It's a growing company with a deep well of opportunities to learn and grow.

Consit is hard for many people to find the balance between work and personal life. many people have not yet learned to work across different continents and find the best way to deal with stress. but once you learn to work in Amdocs and manage stress, nothing is too hard in life.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people

Learning and talented environment. Good chunk of talent to work with. Stable work environment

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBest school for crisis management in a Tier I customer environment.
Huge customer base with variety of project scope.
great company site oppotunities

ConsWork life balance, management politics

Not a good place to work except for some

Expert (Former Employee)

I worked at Amdocs

ProsDress Code, Technology, Some colleagues

ConsNo planning ever, assumption of 24x7 availability of employees, can ruin your reputation if you try 45 hour week schedule, permanently crying HR that global atmosphere is not good so dont expect much rise / compensation / bonus. OMG there is some country globally that does not do well each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know nobody respects you. If recession is over, no longer can job be a favor to employees.

Not great if you are smart !

Senior SME Programmer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs

Prosgood benefits, great salary, great flexibility of working, good other benefits

Cons1. No Direction
2. You can be shuffled to numerous jobs/managers without your knowledge/consent in matter of seconds/minutes.
3. No recognition of employees skills, talents, capabilities
4. Total chaos at workplace
5. No work/life balance.
5. Unnecessary layers above you.
6. Centuries old technologies

Advice to Senior ManagementManager should do his own work. They should get some degrees in management or undergo training about how to manage people. They should concentrate on planning not doing everything at eleventh hour. They should learn how to assess peoples capabilities and skills and make use of them in right fashion. If you treat your employees well they will take care of your customers. They should stop micro-managing.Please don't be afraid to take good decisions whenever you are supposed to.

Work experience at amdocs

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee)

I worked at Amdocs

ProsGood Compensation
ideal work life balance
opportunity to learn and develop technical skills.
over all a friendly environment to work

Conswork pressure in the OGS project
long hours of work
weekend work without any compensation
no clear policy for compensation for extra hours in OGS

Advice to Senior ManagementMore compensation needs to be awarded to OGS projects because of longer hours and more pressure tied to the job.

Good pay, terrible work/life balance.

I have been working at Amdocs

ProsThey pay is very good, and the company has excellent middle managers who care about their people. Generally a good work atmosphere.

ConsSenior management manages to the stock price. They work their people hard, demanding 50 hour work weeks. They also give significant preference to Israeli vendors.

Advice to Senior ManagementProfitable companies should not be laying people off. Stop giving preferential treatment to Israeli vendors and auditors. Quit using the recession as an excuse to cut good people to save a dollar.

Told company is doing good, but RIFs continue...

SME (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs

ProsSalary. The pay is very well. I am making more for less responsibilty than at previous position. I enjoy working with the people that I work directly with. My GL and PM are easy to work for. As long as I do my work, they are satisfied. They don't micro manage as I have seen with most of the other managers.

ConsCurrently it's not very stable. There are rumors of more layoffs to come as they move more and more of the operations to India. With the layoffs that we have had in the past, there is certainly no opportunity for advancement or growth. I haven't had a pay raise since I began working there. Pay is important. You just can't give a person a good review without a little increase in pay. You know the managers are getting theirs whether they deserve it or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring the next set of layoffs, please take a very close look at the people on the "GO" side of the list and an even closer look at the people on the "STAY" side. I am sure that you will come across several that can be swapped between lists.

You always have a choice

Senior SME (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs

ProsVast exposure to various systems and technologies, if not latest technologies.

Consrespect for colleagues is dismal, people often feel that responsibility is a burden. Incompetent managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your self-respect and treat your employees with better respect.

There other places better then Amdocs.

Senior SME (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs

ProsGood compensation package, oportunities to travel and see many places, workplace environment is ok, possibility of relocation to other sites.

ConsPoor salary, promotions are made not on good criterias, weak organisation and professionalism

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure that you keep the good people, because the knowledge is always lost and a lot of projects are starting again from the beginning due to this.In this way we will never go ahead.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amdocs reviews and ratings in Champaign, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amdocs CEO Eli Gelman. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Amdocs employees.