Amdocs Reviews in Charlotte, NC

3.3
1,123 Reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman
Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs (in 82 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • In some projects the work life balance is too bad while in others it is too good (in 148 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good

Current Employee - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

Progressive company always trying to come up with new products.

Cons

You need to relocate every 3-4 years

Dismal place to work. Only work for them if there are no other options.

Former Employee - Development Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Development Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Amdocs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits: on par with most corporations. Healthcare is reasonably priced and plan selection is good.

Cons

1. Very poor HR policies. Amdocs has a policy that there must be poor ratings given to some percentage of the employee base deserved or not.
    2. When Amdocs bought the company I was working for the first thing they did was give senior management stay bonuses. Then everyone on the management team was demoted one level down.
    3. The first thing Amdocs said after the acquisition was 'These people make too much money can't wait till we can take care of that'.

Poor

Former Employee - Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Amdocs

Pros

Excellent benefit package
    Food in breakroom

Cons

Lack of care, disrespect to employees, told to find other work if you don't like it, cattiness that never gets addressed, no raises, think inside the box, do as I say even if it doesn't return good results

Who cares that the company is Israeli, the lack of business ediquite will not last long with US companies.

Amdocs, Dysfunctional

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

It pays an income and provides health insurance.

Cons

There is a lot of bureaucracy. Israel tries to run every project. There are policies which show a fundamental lack of understanding about statistics like forced bell curves in performance reviews. Management likes to pride itself on its open door policy, but in fact, if you openly speak out or express disapproval or disagreement with business practices, expect to be reprimanded. During company meetings, we're often told how wonderful and bright the future is. But when it comes time for a raise or a bonus, we're told how grim things are and how Amdocs cannot afford to reward its hard working, loyal associates. They think they own you and feel like they have a right to call you on vacation, at night, in the middle of the night, on weekends.

Learn how to listen to associates.