Amdocs

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.3 1,002 reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs(in 63 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends(in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance(in 37 reviews)

1,002 Employee Reviews

Development Manger

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHealth benefits, 401k, many customer facing positions and variety of business scenarios you can learn from

Consavg salary, crazy work hours sometimes without good justification, tendency to focus on quantity and not quaility, no clear career path

Good place to work and grow

Amdocs Test Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosgood salary, multicultural environment, growth opportunities, lots of training courses available, high level professionalism thought the company

Consmost of the time this is not 9 to 5 job. you have to work as much hours as the current situation demands.

Advice to Senior Management.

Don't walk, run away from this place.

Storage-software Development Expert (Former Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsThe only thing going for this place is the salary. They pay high salary for the area, which traps you if you live accordingly.

ConsOffice politics run rampant, even to the detriment of the product they put out. Programming is shoddy, with clients having to be repaid thousands and thousands of dollars due to poor implementation, and then patches are applied that end up breaking other things. More work is piled on, and they do not hire appropriately. They have cycles where they have to let people go, and artificially select candidates to place at the bottom of the bell curve to get rid of, then five months later realize they need to replenish because they THINK they have a new client coming on. BEWARE - they will hire you then the contract will fall through because the account execs are IDIOTS - and they will just tell you to leave with no feelings. Corporate used to send out employee satisfaction surveys, and they were so bad that have meetings were started on how to approve morale, then they decided it was just easier to get rid of the people who complained the loudest. Upper management is incompetent, and tries to micro-manage because they think the problem is the people, when in fact the process structure in Champaign stinks. People are given work with little preparation, and as for training - you better be prepared to learn it yourself somehow, because there is none. I blame corporate centers in Israel and St. Louis for looking with a blind eye toward a group of overall miserable people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting people from India take all the leadership positions. They have no idea how to relate to White Americans, and have no management nor people skills. As to the senior management team, they all need to be replaced. Most rose to the level of their incompetence, as the old adage goes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a Joke

IT Software Engineer (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsIf you're an American, you're good for maybe 3 months, then they move your job to India or Israel. This company got the IT contract of my past employer a couple of years ago and promised job safety. Instead, I got stuck training someone in Pumba, India in middle of the night for 6 weeks (didn't speak English). This company is a typical example of how our country is going downhill bigtime. I had a safe job with a telecommunications co. for years only to lose it to overseas. Unreal....

Conssee above if you are even worried about where this country is going

Advice to Senior Managementquit outsourcing......ruining Americans lives

Nice Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsToo much learning for freshers.

ConsLearning same thing over years:P

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Not fun anymore.

ProsCan't even remember one good point.

Cons- no innovation at all
    - same old software and business.
    - don't expect to get promoted if you are sincere and hardworking but not political
    - too much politics
    - all the great employees left

Advice to Senior Management- pay some attention to employee retention
    - pay the employees at par with the market.
    - explore new business domains.
    - improve employee morale.

Ok place to work.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere is opportunity for travel and diverse experiences.

ConsPoor company culture and leadership.

What doesn't break you will make you stronger

Project Manager (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsIt's a company that will not be dull for a single day. It takes a strong person to work and find balance. It's a growing company with a deep well of opportunities to learn and grow.

Consit is hard for many people to find the balance between work and personal life. many people have not yet learned to work across different continents and find the best way to deal with stress. but once you learn to work in Amdocs and manage stress, nothing is too hard in life.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people

Sales director

Sales Director (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMarket leader, global company, diverse environment, treats employees with respect and integrity, successful and continuously growing

ConsVery demanding work environment, company expects you to be always available, lot of travel and sometimes with short notice.

Advice to Senior Management.

Learning and talented environment. Good chunk of talent to work with. Stable work environment

Director (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsBest school for crisis management in a Tier I customer environment.
    Huge customer base with variety of project scope.
    great company site oppotunities

ConsWork life balance, management politics

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!