Amdocs

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.3 1,009 reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs(in 66 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure(in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends(in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance(in 37 reviews)

1,009 Employee Reviews

good times, some drawbacks

SME (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

Prosgood company, good benefits, work hours are very flexible, smart people to work with

Conspolitical issues around inner people/management

Advice to Senior Managementdon;t hire talented people just to make them work with mediocre management

Dismal place to work. Only work for them if there are no other options.

Development Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits: on par with most corporations. Healthcare is reasonably priced and plan selection is good.

Cons1. Very poor HR policies. Amdocs has a policy that there must be poor ratings given to some percentage of the employee base deserved or not.
    2. When Amdocs bought the company I was working for the first thing they did was give senior management stay bonuses. Then everyone on the management team was demoted one level down.
    3. The first thing Amdocs said after the acquisition was 'These people make too much money can't wait till we can take care of that'.

Good place to work if you can adjust to the culture

SSME (Former Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsManagement who is technical, you get to learn more performance related things on OS/DB side since most of work revolves around volume data

Conswork-life balance and week-end support is an issue - it can be continuous and tiring

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your technical team, promote people on time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a great company if you are self motivated

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are plenty of pros. The compensation and benefits are some of the best in the business. There are numerous tools you can use to gain knowledge and increase you skills set.

ConsThe company is always pushing faster development cycles. There is a culture of work longer and smarter. If you don't push back you get trampled by the work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry hiring some managers from the locale of the work. I understand that the company is Israeli but you have to give the employees some hope that they have a chance to advance.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWork in one of offices in US. It is relatively stable recently due to the small size of the office.

ConsDue to the small size of the office, we don't have enough people and it is hard to complete the whole project by this office.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more investment to the office, such as hiring more engineers. Do more interesting projects here.

Ok company to work for.

Project Manager (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsGreat insurance, very stable company.

ConsNot much of a career path unless you want to travel 90% of the time or more. Not great salaries and little to no bonus.

Striving for Delivery of Transformation Projects

Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBig Transformation Projects are Delivered providing value to the customers. This ensures a win win for both Amdocs and Customers

ConsMany times the project are over committed and it affects the life balance. Lack of recognition of pure technical positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the execution of the company goals however do not sacrifice the human factor for the bottom line.

Tremendous learning and experience, overcoming internal challenges is very frustrating at times.

Solution Architect (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic experience, learning opportunities. I have always been challenged and had opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills. Company is well run from a financial perspective. Very stable. Multi-cultural, international company which gives you an opportunity to work with a wide range of people with varied backgrounds.

ConsBenefits have been scaled back, force you to cover some costs that in other companies are paid for like part of home office internet and home office phone expenses. Conservative travel policies can make travel much harder than it needs to be. Plenty of bureaucracy to work through if you are doing anything outside the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the people, make it easier to innovate and improve current practices.

Reduced workforce, increased hours

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere are no pros that I can think of.

ConsAT&T turned over our jobs to Amdocs. After the first year, layoffs began. Every few months, there were more layoffs. In order to get everything done, mandatory overtime was imposed. Later, mandatory overtime was increased. Finally, a certain benefit promised to all newly acquired Amdocs employees was completely taken away. It was a very difficult time for all of us involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't believe management would listen to any advice whatsoever.

SME, Developer, SW Engineer

Software Developer/Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities to relocate, the compensation package is not too bad. Developing large scale SW products for top telecom providers.

ConsVery stiff and bureaucratic vertical structure of management, the waterfall methodology. The "Focal points"\Group Leaders structure in teams instead of scrum. Old development technologies and low level of skills in average.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe change of the managing strategy toward implementing agile and scrum methodologies will increase an overall efficiency of teams and will reduce the unnecessary "overmanagment". More focus on real employee's skills is required.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!