Amedisys

www.amedisys.com

Amedisys Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Amedisys – Baton Rouge – “Amedisys Corporate HQ”

Amedisys Chairman and CEO Bill Borne

Bill Borne

Pros
  • Good benefits for health vision dental(in 19 reviews)

• Good pay, good peers, solid senior management(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay per visit policy encourages competition among nurses instead of teamwork(in 11 reviews)

• Too many AVP's who were more concerned about income rather than patient care(in 14 reviews)

RN

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay, good benefits

ConsVery time consuming, spend down time working on notes

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove computer program

Worst job I ever had

RN Case Manager (Current Employee) Port Charlotte, FL

ProsNurses I work with are awesome

ConsManagement sucks. No support. Spend more time (unpaid time) doing paperwork then patient care. Management worries about the numbers only. Condescending to a lot of the staff unless you tell them what they want to hear. Tired of arguing with the "CAM" to correct my OASIS paperwork. Not enough visits to make money to live off of. Patients are not screened effectively and we get tons of non starts.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Offer a thank you once in a while instead of screaming insults. Look at all the good employees that are leaving in droves.

They were very unfair when it came to balancing work load with other employees.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsThere were no pros to working with this company. None at all!!!

ConsOne would be responsible for seeing 10-12 patient daily while other employees were only scheduled to see only 2-4 patients daily. This was very unfair

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Downsizing

Account Executive (Current Employee) Wilkes-Barre, PA

ProsSalary, daily job activities, benefits

ConsDownsizing, industry struggling with reimbursement cuts

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnover destroys relationships, sales go down, should be obvious

Awful place to work

Business Office Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou are employed.....that's about it!

ConsSome of the challenges of working here are: Your wage will be significantly lower than others in home health industry. You will be expected to do mounds of work with little to no assistance. Training lags far behind the rest.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Improve processes based feedback and results, do not base everything on a bonus or profit.

Too much instability and restructuring

Mid Management (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive salary and decent health benefits

ConsI would not depend on the stability of your tenure with this company to fulfill any personal goals. It doesn't seem to value the dedication of their staff AND THE CONSTANT corporate reorganizing confirms...

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter and more honesty with your team's

My coworkers and my supervisor are great. Upper level management and corporate are incompetent.

ProsI work for a great team and a great boss who care about our patients. The job is very gratifying and what I do never feels like work. Compensation/benefits although are not perfect are competitive.

ConsUpper level management is incompetent. They do not listen to the concerns of field staff and mid-level management. There are questions of upper level management's ethics. The Justice Department recently levied a $150 million fine against the company due to their questionable ethical practices. Upper-level management recently took field staff's cell phones away to save money. This makes communicating between team members to provide the best care possible for our patients much more difficult. I have yet to get a raise after working for two years and receiving above average performance reviews/regular praise from the patients I serve. I would avoid working for this company until upper level management issues are addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to listen and communicate in a straight manner with mid-level management and field staff.

Good company to work with in Corporate role

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsTook care of employees in Corporate roles

ConsConstant travel, expected Monday early morning travelers to put in lengthy days.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide home assignments monthly

Best job I have ever had.

RN Case Manager (Current Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsI am always acknowledged for performance and helping out.

ConsSometimes short staffed especially with admissions. But the company rotates the nurses to balance out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

#Amedi-Mess

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI loved my coworkers and have made lifetime friends. I love the ability to move up within the company. They offer great opportunities to learn so much while working.

ConsThey were not prepared to have to pay Medicare the 150million they were sued for and they now have a board that makes very hasty decisions. When Bill owned his company entirely he did not make such hasty decisions. So many layoffs and offices being closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare for more cuts with Obamacare and an open case from the US Attorney's office, it is only a matter of time before a hostile take over.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!