Amedisys Reviews

Reset

1. Admissions

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work from home- nice to have that flexibility. Management (upper) is very positive, sends us thank you cards for our hard work and birthday cards. Our VP is awesome- speaks very positively and makes me feel valued. Competitive pay.

Cons

If you work at corporate, there is much room to move up. Not so much if you work from home. I am stuck in this position and there is nothing more for me. You really need to love doing this work if you want to stay with the company long term.

Advice to Management

Its weird that upper management is so positive, but our direct MGR's come down on us and put the pressure to get the numbers better. Its fustrating how we hear in meetings how well the company is doing, but our raises made no difference to me. I think it was 15 cents an hour. We no longer get bonuses. I love the company and who I work with, but there is no way for me to move up as an at home worker.

2. rn case manager

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Shelton, CT

I worked at Amedisys

Pros

a lot of support from the company

Cons

small office politics can lead to unwanted/poor work environment

Advice to Management

supervisor the day to day activities of individual offices more closely.

Clinical Assessment Manager

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

I can not think of one.

Cons

Company did not plan ahead in regards to educating their employees about the up-coming ICD-10 coding changes. The Clinical Assessment Managers are salaried employees and expected to do all of their training on their own time with no reimbursement. We have been told that we must pass a certification exam to remain employed. No appreciation for hard work done or the many overtime hours. Productivity requirements are unrealistic. Health insurance very expensive for poor coverage.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Treat them fairly and they will be loyal.

5. Business Office Specialist

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Established company, great environment, passion for treating patients with respect, mission statement follows closely with beliefs, family oriented

Cons

Salary is very low for some of the positions, no room for growth, sometimes too lenient on employees, corporate office doesn't seem to care about the people who work for them

High Turnover Rates

I worked at Amedisys

Pros

Excellent patient care from very caring and skilled clinicians. They always make every effort to ensure care is provided according to regulations and is ethical.

Cons

Work load and productivity expectations are unrealistic and not achievable without complete burn out of the clinicians and management staff therefore leading to a very high turnover rate. This causes even more stress on the clinicians and management. Orientation is limited and often ineffective therefore sets up both field staff and those in management positions for failure from the beginning. Regional and Corporate management does not always support care center management and expectations are unrealistic especially when there is turnover in the care center requiring the director or clinical manager to perform multiple full time positions without further assistance.

Advice to Management

Not only look at the turnover rate for field clinicians and business development staff, but at your care center management staff as well. The turnover rate for the Director and Clinical Manager positions is extremely high due to the stress and unrealistic expectations as well as lack of support and training from upper management.

Good but not Great

Current Employee - Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice and like family, tons of support from the staff. Great work life balance, easy branch to work for.

Cons

Hard to rebuild broken relationships in the current market. unrealistic goals and lack of understanding by management of the current market.

Advice to Management

Listen to your account executive that are out in the field, hearing first hand where you are failing at, and not get defenses when someone tells you what the AE is being told first hand by doctors and staff about your service.

Amedisys Misses an Opportunity

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to make a difference in patients health; support/some of the training programs soon after hire.

Cons

Unrealistic goals for a rural markets; too many Chiefs; burn-out excellent employees quickly. Employees cannot be expected to complete work unpaid.

Advice to Management

Focus more on excellent patient care and employee satisfaction/morale. Play by Medicare rules. Amedisys is no longer what Bill Borne envisioned. Too bad. In the pursuit of meeting number of patients admitted monthly goals, Amedisys misses the opportunity to be seen as the company that provides The Best Home Care to Patients and instead settle as The Company That Will Do Whatever It Takes -- even if that means bending, reinterpreting or Amediterpreting a few rules now & then. We'll just pay the fines.

AMEDISYS Review

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

- There are good people at Amedisys caring for patients and the personnel that support them. - The BR corporate office was built with the intent of training and empowering employees from across the US. - New management appears strong on accountability. - Interested in a career in 'Big Data'? Healthcare/Amedisys is ripe.

Cons

- The Amedisys "boot-strap" and "all in" culture has gradually degraded. - The scope/direction of IT is under major transition. Employee morale/engagement is suffering.

Advice to Management

Accountability without process continuity and top-down consistent communication of company vision/goals will manifest itself via an unduly stressed, insecure, silo-ed and inefficient workforce. Every well-oiled machine has a manual and maintenance schedule. Plan.Do.Check.Act.

Area Director of Operations

Current Employee - Area Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Area Director of Operations

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They promote from within current employees. They have good benefits for employees. You are able to get educations within the system. Many different ways to seek employement.

Cons

Much change in the structure of management that seems to keep seems to not stop. The upper management will not look at a person for the qualities they might have and bring to the company but only see if they fit in their box. They have become a less family friendly company to work for at this time. Has little respect for a balance in life. Very high demands put on employees for their time and efforts.

Advice to Management

The company needs to have some serious training for upper and middle management on team building and look at what motivates people to perform at a high level and why they have such high turn over.

Decent company - but massive amounts of paperwork.

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive, friendly, and professional staff in local office. Regional and corporate managers are also accessible and supportive. Job flexibility and good benefits.

Cons

Too much or too little work. Difficult to sustain manageable caseload, and therapists often have to travel to other offices/counties to maintain productivity. Company began tying benefits to productivity, so therapists worry about losing insurance, etc., if/when caseload drops. Too many meetings, computer trainings, etc.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on quality patient care and not just dollar amounts. Therapists burn out quickly because of high volume of paperwork and stress over productivity demands.

RSS Feed </> Embed