Amedisys

www.amedisys.com
Profile Unclaimed

Lots of work.

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Good pay, lots of work.

Cons

Poor IT support for clinicians.

Poor Upper Management and No training

Former Employee - Account Executive in The Villages, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in The Villages, FL

I worked at Amedisys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I thought it would be for growth and training but I was lied to. So I have no pros at this time other than a couple of the BD members that I met.

Cons

Empty promises, poor upper management. Daily conference calls for BD team that takes way to much time out of the field, they are liars about their expectations. I was miserable after my first month there.

Get new management

Registered Nurse-Field Staff

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Lexington, SC

I worked at Amedisys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment when working in home health. The visits were diverse and I really enjoyed the home health setting. The pay was good and included mileage.

Cons

When hired they state "5 visits minimum per day, beyond that you get to choose how many visits you want" which is a lie. I would easily have 10-13 on my schedule with 100 miles drive for the day and management's response was "It is what it is. I don't have any help for you. Be thankful you have a job"

Be compassionate to your employees and appreciate those that work hard. Leave your personal problems at home and be professional at work. Upper management- consider taking the employees seriously when multiple employees from one location are all reporting the same problems.

Home Health Nursing

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Martinsville, VA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very,very helpful and friendly group of people. I immediately felt at home. The office was well located, clean and well appointed. Adequate and easily accessible supplies. Much support and education additionally provided by corporate sources. Rewarding to meet patients and determine their needs and make provisions to assist them.

Cons

Spent a lot of time driving.

Keep up the support of new employees.

High Turn-Over Rates For A Reason...

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst I in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst I in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Meet and spoke to some interesting folks; there are still peers from this place that I still keep up with.
    -Gained needed experience.

Cons

-Very poor communication among management amongst teams intra-departmentally and across the board inter-departmentally (i.e. Operations pushing out updates with out informing tech support, tech support receives an overwhelming number of incoming phone calls and complaints, nobody knows why the day's volume is so high so they finally start asking questions, Ops. confesses to an update, a message is sent out via national support phone line making staff aware of issues, metrics are so poorly flawed from the volume of the day that management then turns to their own support staff to point the finger, berate, and question us as to what the problem was).
    -Blatant distrust of employees despite numerous times of stressing during on-boarding that mgmt. has your back in a heated situation.
    -While processes are always changing to try to keep their heads above water, if a support tech forgets any minor details of the new policies, then that employee is berated for not keeping up, or accused of not taking good enough notes. In essence, it's assumed a problem is never fault of management.
    -There is way too much trickle down in this company; the little man doing the everyday work never gets the credit deserved.

-Management should remember that the employees have lives outside of work and can't stay late all the time because you're short-handed.
    -Don't make the people that make you look good angry.

great place to work

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

work-life balance, trainings and great team members

Cons

compensation was bit lower but it was great place to work.

Terrible place to work! This company only cares about the management team and money!

I worked at Amedisys

Pros

The patients are the only good thing about working for this company.

Cons

I have attached a copy of my notice turned in on 9-15-14. It should tell you what you need to know. I worked at the office in Homewood, AL. They posted my previous position today. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! You will ruin your financial stability and vehicle! They don't care! They talked bad about the other aids! They also asked me to lie to another aid about how much they paid me because they didn't want to have to give her a raise. Terrible terrible terrible!!!

Amedisys, I had my faith in this company. I quit a faithul job I had previously to work here. Everything was all in well at first. I had a few typical problems during my journey at the Tuscaloosa office but, nothing unexpected. Work is work. Although this office has completely destroyed my faith in the company all around. Ater the first few (what i thought where mistakes) paychecks missing $200-$350. Which took 4 weeks to be refunded the first couple of times. Although now i'm not so sure that it was a mistake at all. I tried my hardest to be a respectable employee. I put my financial stability down the drain working here. It caused so many problems in my life, from negative equity on my vehicle to near depression. I was thinking there may be a possibility working for this company would lead me to bankruptcy at the age of 21. Every dime i have earned here nowhere near covered the gas to work nor, damiage on my vehicle. (If you have'nt been around latey maintnence is extremely expensive.) Not to mention i was promised to have been paid mileage from the time i left my home until the the time i arrived home at the end of my day, because i travel over 100 miles a day for this company. That promise was the only way I could stay. Slowly they took both from me on the sly. Convienced me that I would "equal out" by switching to hourly pay. I was worried to death about putting myself in the hole. I thought this company had more respect for such a loyal employee. They didn't and, never have. I know that it is my situation but, If we didn't have to work to live noone would be here anyway. I was later promised that i would be getting the BOS position in the office by the DOO and BOM. They informed me that i would be trained in September. Time went on and I never heard anything about training dates. I was completely counting on that position to get my life back together. Today, September 8th 2014 I was informed there was never a position for me. That position was not to be filled at this time. When the time came i would have an opportunity to apply but not gaurantied the spot. I was also informed " If I wanted to get a second job to put more money in the checking account on the days wasn't needed here, feel free." Are you serious? I have never been so insulted in my life. This company has been stringing me along and has been nothing more than a bourdon to me. This my notice that I will not be back.

Treat employees with respect.

Very family oriented company

Current Employee - Software Developer/Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management are caring and friendly... Great Working environment. Co workers play as a team and are very helpful.

Cons

Very little room for moving up. The commute to work for me becomes a bit overwhelming at times. very little room for advancement.

Great Job! There is nothing negative to say about management.

review amed

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

before the big lawsuit they use to give bonuses

Cons

managment does not know how to properly manage it support staff

learn how to talk and engage with employees on moral

Worst 6 months of my life

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Newnan, GA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers. Enjoyed visiting patients in their home and providing them with the care they need.

Cons

Shady management. Requiring case managers to "enhance" diagnosis so patients would qualify for hospice. Management would bully patients and their families when they would try to switch to a different hospice company or decide to go off hospice. Unreasonable expectations for number of visits or travel per day. Always on call during nights and weekends.

Amedisys Photos