Amegy Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amegy Corporation CEO Scott J. McLean

Scott J. McLean

Great Bank to work for. .. USED TO BE BETTER!

ProsManagement knows your name
    Compensation decent
    Need younger management.... most executives will not retire and move over for others to shine.

ConsValues used to be strong.... times changed after Zions bought them.
    Benefits are for disasters... high deductible only

Advice to Senior ManagementLife work balance needs to be a priority
    Need better benefits

Good Company but personal growth is limited

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood work environment, no micro managing

ConsNot enough career advancement opportunities

Not that bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBanking experience and free parking downtown. Most of the people are very nice.

ConsPay raises are very small, health insurance deductibles are high, dental insurance is not insurance but a reimbursement plan that you must pay out of pocket 1st.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better insurance plans and show your employees you appreciate them and their hard work by giving better raises.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

Bank Teller (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe Managers are great with their employers and make it a fun environment to work in. I enjoyed my time working here.

ConsSelling can sometimes be difficult especially in motor bank, and they tend to push you on selling.

Would recommend

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-Good bank with positive reputation in the commmunity
    -Good work/life balance
    -Better than average bank products
    -Trustworthy senior management
    -Competitive salary (for new hires)
    -Genuine interest to promote from within and develop employees
    -Good training programs

Cons-Worst benefits around
    -Outdated technology. MS-Dos was the most efficient banker tool and the systems frequently break
    -Small, capped incentive programs

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the benefits affordable or worthwhile to have. In my opinion, people in an entry level spot (tellers or backoffice) cannot possibly afford these services.

Try to take care of the employees you are trying to develop. When employees get promoted (let alone multiple times), a standard 5% increase generally puts them well below market salary and can lead to multiple subordinates making more money than their boss. This compensation plan makes it difficult to retain top talent because they can make significantly more money by going to a competitor for a similar position.

Mangers that want you to excell

Teller III (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMangers that support their staff and work with them to help them better themselves and get further in their carrerrs. The salary is also very competitive and Tellers typically get paid more at Amegy than they would at other banks (even the big banks)

ConsSome of the Managers can be petty and try to screw over other branches in order to help their branch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more of a united front and less silly bickering among the Branch Managers and Assistant Managers. While we have branches that all have different goals we all work for the same company and should work together not against each other.

Good place to start a career in banking

Vice President (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLife / work balance is great, people are easy to work with, lots of opportunities for growing your professional network and starting a banking career.

ConsOwned by Zions Bancorporation which slows down Amegy. No real synergies from Zions' footprint, pretty much a stand alone separate entity.

ProsThe bank is financially strong

ConsCurrent banking environment is difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementAmegy has a strong leadership

A place where you can expand your banking knowledge.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt is a very conservative company, family oriented bank and you will learn a lot.

ConsThere's not much growth and promotion within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe ready to think on your feet and out of the box. If you don't know, don't be afraid to ask questions.

considerably better than other places but very political

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe pay alone is great along with the benefits is pretty good

Conspolitical atmosphere because I wasn't the type to kiss people to get promoted. Other employees can be petty over small issues.

Advice to Senior Managementget both sides of the story before making a decision.

Worked for Amegy Corporation? Contribute to the Community!