Amen Clinics

www.amenclinics.com

Amen Clinics Reviews

Updated May 21, 2014
Amen Clinics – Newport Beach – “Amen Clinics”

Amen Clinics – Newport Beach – “Amen Clinics”

Daniel G. Amen

Current Employee

Managerial (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsAmen Clinics is an innovative organization with the mission of improving the brain health of the patient's life they touch. There is a new management team on board that is making great progress with the overall culture and progress in creating organizational excellence.

ConsIt is an entrepreneurial organization which has its pros and cons. Great ideas and nimbleness to effect change but possibly not always the right changes. Some familial participation which is not optimal

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize and stay the course. Don't let the unlimited ideas throw the organization off course. It is doing amazing work in so many areas and helping people.

Employment Experience

ProsGood benefits, great facility, management is improving! Dr. Amen is starting to hire the right talent in the right places.

ConsPay structure could use a boost for all levels and vacation structure could use a revamp.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees. They are the ones who interact with the patients on a daily basis - they have great ideas on how to improve processes!

System Administrator

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsVery nice place to work out, I learned a lot.

ConsThe served to much Subway

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy bigger backup devices

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sweat Shop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsThe brain health category is interesting. There is definitely plenty of content to help with your job. The work-horse employees are dedicated to doing a good job.

ConsManagement is extremely poor from the top down. Poor CEO, Poor Clinic GM, inconsistent operational issues. Equipment is outdated; processes are inconsistent from clinic to clinic. No budgets to do any marketing to promote the product and generate leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Dr. Amen be a Doctor only. He has no business running the company. Hire people who are qualified for management positions for which they were hired.

Micromanaged with no sense of focus or priority

ProsGreat people who are all trying to work together to help drive the business forward. There is a sense of "we're fighting this uphill battle together" that binds the employees together. Some doctors and other staff that truly care.

ConsDr. Amen micromanages the entire company from everything to IT to marketing, to fulfillment, to design. Does no vetting when hiring new people often in the form of unqualified and overpaid consultants that do little to nothing to move the business forward other than offer their two cents. Sadly this then puts even more strain on the extremely limited internal resources all of which are tasked with outrageous goals Dr. Amen pulls out of thin air instead of basing it on data and setting achieveable benchmarks and recognizing success.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt doesn't matter because Dr. Amen is not going to change his mind or listen because his pride won't allow him to.

Innovative company with poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat mission and commitment to brain health

ConsOutside of physicians, there were very few men in the work place. As a women, I found there was catty behavior and jealousy. These behaviors overshadowed the great work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a few more men in clinical or admin roles.

Worked for Amen Clinics? Contribute to the Community!