AmeriBanc National Reviews

Sincere and Truthful company

Former Employee - Salesman  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Salesman in Tulsa, OK

I worked at AmeriBanc National full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, cutting edge of industry. Communicates well with Sales people and rewards well with incentives.

Cons

Mainly Sales Company, not much opportunity to move to other roles.

none

What a slimeball operation

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at AmeriBanc National full-time for less than a year

Pros

None! They do set appointments but that is only because the appt setter will not take NO for an answer! You show up and the business owner simple says they told the appt setter not to send a rep.

Cons

Ask questions so you aren't out there lying to potential customers!

Honesty is the bes policy

Great Product, Decent Leads, Poor Service

I have been working at AmeriBanc National

Pros

The leads are better than most and the product and services are of good quality. You can meet great local business owners and form relationships.

Cons

Terrible job after signing on a merchant. I have had three accounts cancel because the corporate office needed several emails and faxes to close past processors. When you say you are going to do something on the phone with a merchant, do it! Your reputation depends on it. Your sales force depends on it. Back up a great product with even better service.

Get organized. Make sure regional managers listen to the consultants and accept what is being said. Improve customer service after the close and follow through. Mistakes happen, consistent mistakes devastate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Merchant Consultant  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Merchant Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at AmeriBanc National as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Professional sales support staff, very good technical support for those unusual equipment issues, great pay that keeps getting better. The sales training is very good and there are weekly sales meetings and professional development meetings (web meetings). This is not for everyone, but if you can follow some very simple sales techniques you will make good money, and with a very good company, you can be proud of what you do and who you represent

Cons

Some of the appointments are simply bad, but that happens anytime you have a telemarketing call center setting appointments. If you don't have a metropolitan area to work in, there might not be enough businesses to keep you busy, and that means small paychecks. This is a 1099 commission/bonus position; there is no salary to support you if you aren't good. This can be a real downside if you are sick or want a vacation and you get NOTHING if you don't sell.

Hold the call center accountable for bad appointments. Follow up on complaints from the field so that sales representatives know you have their back

I wouldn't waste my time

Former Employee - Appointment Setter  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AmeriBanc National full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours are good if you like Monday through Friday with weekends off. They also have pot luck lunches on occasion, and every once in a while the manager, will bring bagels. I thought that was nice.

Cons

This company is a sham credit card merchant service, who uses high pressured sales reps to bully and con people. They have a small call center, full of all sorts of felons and druggies because they don't do background checks. This company will hire anyone to keep the seat warm. Half of their employees are doing drug deals on breaks, if they're lucky enough to get a break that is.. If you do not book so many appointments in one day they threaten to send you home and make you lose bonus pay and your on time bonus for the entire week. I've been in sales for 20 years and know that everyone has a bad day. It happens. It's cruel to take a big chunk of pay from someone that only had one bad day, without looking at the overall average.

THEY ILLEGALLY MAKE YOU WORK THROUGH LUNCH WITHOUT PAY, by calling it a "learning lunch," AND THREATEN TO TAKE BREAKS AWAY, when the office as a whole isn't booking enough appointments. Not only that, but they make up how they are going to pay you every other week. They change the bonus structure so you never really know what to expect. Sometimes they claim they paid you too much the week before and deduct it from your next check, without explaining where they over paid you.

This office is totally dysfunctional, and they don't care how they treat customers or employees. They play music loud and yell to keep up enthusiasm, but customers hear the loud noise and think they are cheap and unprofessional.It's embarrassing. If you don't have 2 appointments the first hour, you must stand up and do a degrading dance.

The owner is not a nice person. He's very intimidating and makes everyone in the small call center nervous. I think he likes it that way. There's no telling how rich he's getting from his profit over people scheme (a perfect example of what's wrong with this country and our economy) while paying his help in dog food. The little workers make him rich, and he turns around and kicks dirt in their teeth. My guess is that he makes around 800-900 x his average employee. I would also be willing to bet that there are other criminal activities going on, besides making their employees work without pay through lunch. I wish the IRS would step in and investigate.

You either like the office manager or you don't. I liked herl at times, even though she will not blink an eye to cheat you out of your pay, or lie about why you aren't getting insurance coverage that was promised. They promised us health care at one time. We waited for months, then they called us into the office for a meeting.They told us they couldn't get us insurance for any less than $800 a month, which was our part to pay. Then they had us vote. Of course we voted against it, since they only pay $9 an hr + bonus, but you never know when they are going to take your bonus away. They worked it out so it looked like we made the choice to not have any coverage. I hope they enjoy Obamacare! No biggie, they'll start hiring only part employees to go around that.

My advice for management is, change your policies all together...your hiring, firing, and bonus structure. Be honest about your services, offer good customer service and build a business based on hard work, honesty, and integrity, not with hard core pushy, dishonest, sales people, making customers regret signing that expensive contract. If you spend more time working out a contract that benefits you and the customer, you wont have to spend so much time training sales reps to bully and trick people. You'll still be rich, I promise. You'll have happier customers and employees, that might just stick around.

If you don't change your policies, eventually someone will sue the company for making employees work without pay through lunch.

My advice to future employees is to keep handing out resumes.

Ran around

Former Employee - Rep  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Rep in Chicago, IL

I worked at AmeriBanc National full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good $ if u can sell 16 plus a month

Cons

terrible $ when u sell less than 16 monthly
    treated like an infant regarding appointments , no way to plan your day
    hook in employment ad is 4 or more quality appts a day, reality is you HAVE to go B2B canvassing to be able to survive

treat reps like adults

Worked for AmeriBanc National? Contribute to the Community!