AmeriCold Logistics

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
2.1

Jeff Gault

Pros
  • Salery is ok and some of the coworkers are good people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• One of the largest cold storage company in the world (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work-life balance whatsoever (in 7 reviews)

• Continuously growing demands from upper management with no proper support or mentoring accompanying them (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

warehouseman

Former Employee - Warehouseman in Darien, WI
    Former Employee - Warehouseman in Darien, WI

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

i have had a chance to become a trainer and like doing that.

Cons

not able to move up the ladder in becoming a lead person in which i'm very qualify for .

giving everyone who have the experience in a certain job to do without looking at the color of your skin but who have the experience in related job apply for .

Until 2014 it was a great place to work.

Current Employee - Material Handler in Hatfield, PA
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Hatfield, PA

I have been working at AmeriCold Logistics

Pros

There is opportunity for overtime work.. My compensation was very good after having worked there for 10 years. The benefits were great

Cons

A quota system was established this past year. You were expected to make 95% of your quota even when you were working on a job that you were not used to doing.

Quota should be measured only when working on the position for which a person is hired not a temporary position which is a fill in position when there is no work in the permanent position.

This job was mostly a good job.

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics

Pros

The pay was decent... Hours were there if wanted overtime....my work schedule was terrific...I worked four off three....

Cons

Production can be hard to come by if you are not properly trained.....which can lead to Termination.... The attendance policy is wack.

Make it a better working environment... Production would be better

open

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics

Pros

when you our in one department hire for the department agree to hire job! then after couple yrs force into another department had certifcates date back in 1980 out dated if you don't go threw any wany words reply if you don't like quite!!! force into job never apply for!! not certified!! then that time she there great use to be family in viarment! company changes names every two yrs brokers!!

Cons

no advancement freezer o-18 degrees negative;

to much drama!!! bs! no grow in company

Negative culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics full-time

Pros

The dock employees are paid fairly well. Office employees are not

Cons

Very low pay for the amount of work/hours

Environment

Former Employee - Order Selector in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Order Selector in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits. Including health insurance , company profit sharing, and 401k programs.

Cons

The company is a frozen foods distributor ,so expect to get very cold if working as a warehouse worker.

Add some quick warming stations.

Some Good Co-workers....that's about it

Former Employee - LTO in Strasburg, VA
    Former Employee - LTO in Strasburg, VA

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people I worked with for the most part were decent.

Cons

2 "supervisors" were horrid, 2 of them were OK. Why should people have to deal with 4-5 different supervisors each week?
    Incentive provides for an unsafe work environment and they (mngmnt) complain about lack of safety.
    Blatant racism (it is VA though so I expect that) amongst co-workers.
    Never know how many hours will be worked sometimes 10-12 hour days and sometimes 4-5!!
    I only took the job because I was desperate and at the time it didn't seem horrible but as you know hindsight blah blah..
    Although the hourly pay was above average for Strasburg standards it still wasn't enough considering the hazards involved.
    Equipment was junk...all of it.

Hire competent supervisors!
    Provide useful equipment.
    Overhaul yourselves.

There needs to be more balance, care and respect!

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at AmeriCold Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Time off paid day 1

Cons

Insurance cost is outrageous, no balance of family and work, last minute on the fly expect you to stay for overtime when you have prior obligations but if you do not stay you get wrote up and points.
    Cold work environment for not so much pay.
    Upper management doesn't seem to have as much heart as teammates and team leads and supervisors.

If you want people to stay treat them right and pay them decent! If you expect them to drop all for whatever when they have family it will not happen. As long as that keeps up you will continue to have turn over and the crap employees. Keep your policies straight to all across the board not pick and choose. Pay more for environment and the benefits for what ya pay out cost ya more than to have none so it's worthless!

Mediocrity At Its Best

Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AmeriCold Logistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers were good people to be around. There was room for growth early on. Tuition reimbursement option is a plus for students.

Cons

Leadership has no vision. Leadership cares not about the culture or morale of the employees. Workload is not equivalent to the pay unless you are VP or above, and then the paradigm shifts in the other direction. Appreciation is only communicated in a halfhearted verbal method, and never interprets into pay increases or other benefits. "Merit Increase" program is actually an annual across-the-board cost of living increase. No matter how much merit you bring to the table, you will often see the same increase as some of your lazier and less-motivated counterparts. The Human Resources team is a toxic group with multiple agendas and unchecked power. They are very intrusive, manipulative and controlling. I worked for Americold for more than 5 years, and built tons of good personal relationships - NO ONE LIKES THEIR JOB. I have never heard anyone brag on this company, or defend it when someone else bashes it. The shame of it all is that Americold has the resources and funds to be the absolute best company in the industry, but no one wants to take the time to creatively motivate, incentivize or appreciate the people doing the legwork.

I was in management, and I constantly encouraged my superiors to be more optimistic and promote mutual respect in the workplace. They didn't listen then, and they won't now. No point in beating a dead horse.

I have been working at AmeriCold Logistics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overtime and pay. Work enough hours and make your incentive marks, salary can go from 28k to 50k easily.

Cons

Caffeine and energy drinks is the only to keep your job.

None, I'm pretty new. But some individuals are chocked full of pompousity, you can smell if on every gesture, word, etc.

AmeriCold Logistics Photos