AmeriHealth Caritas

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael A. Rashid

The best managed care company to work for

ProsQuality of management, benefits, company growth

ConsNot enough promotions from within

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue hiring qualified people to match the positions. Managers should also continue to recognize good work. Employees appreciate it.

Great Company

ProsI have been in the industry for over 27 years and I can tell you its is one of the best companies I have worked for. We have a great benefits plan, the company works to promote employees to move to the next level and provide great incentives

ConsThere are no cons I can think of at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

I think this company is well on its way to becoming one of the leading Medicaid companies in the country.

Jacksonville, FL

Prosexpanding nationally, continuous growth opportunities, hires from within, good benefits, Great office location,

Consnot up to date with systems, not enough streamline processes, has a "this how we have always done it" mentality. supervisors have a lot of work to do and prohibits them from spending quality time with staff for development, needs a mentor program.

Advice to Senior ManagementJacksonville has a great Director. Overall I would advise management across the enterprise to remember the frontline staff and supervisors and seek their input before making decisions.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All about your supervisor/dept

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Phila, PA

Prosgreat benefits, if you work for a good supervisor and have a good team it's a good place to work. A lot of learning opportunities. I came in not knowing a major microsoft office product and left with full knowledge of the program by taking classes there. I only worked there for a year

Cons"lifers" that don't think outside of the box and just do what they want can make a company stale. Promoting people just because they've been around forever

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting so much emphasis on how long someone has been at the company and focus on what they have ACCOMPLISHED for the company no matter how long they have been there

Great for Interns

ProsInternship Program for different areas of company
    Workshops
    Social events
    Paid
    Many interns come back multiple summers
    Can get a job offer after graduation

ConsYou don't always get feedback on your work
    Some days are not busy and it seems wasted
    Some of the interns are really immature and hard to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure work projects so it is more organized

Like it now who knows later

Business Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood bosses, good benefits, fun

ConsUnstable future, not sure about ACA, who knows

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down

AmeriHealth Caritas has changed it the past three years.

Philadelphia, PA

ProsCoworkers are extremely helpful and appreciative.

ConsIt went from company who listens to employees and caring company to a heartless management who is condescending and refuses to listen to employee suggestions. Management does not reward their good employees. 401K is average; Retirement pension is awful.

In the past few months, many senior management has left including the CEO. Best guess is Independence Blue Cross is looking to manage the corporation as they are a leading stockholder.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your directors and see how well they are liked. Do a 360 review and see how dedicated they employees are to their managers. Most have will do no more than needed because of the way management treats them.

Great Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible Schedule, Able to work in the community

ConsLack of company culture and shaky management

Flexible work schedule with a price

Claims Examiner (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work schedule
    Potential for community involvement

ConsUnable to sustain a standard quality of life on salary paid

Great enterprise mission, but no local executive leadership to accomplish vision in Louisiana.

Baton Rouge, LA

ProsHigh level of autonomy in management positions. Outstanding benefits package. Potential for career advancement due to nationwide growth.

ConsAll managers are allowed to operate autonomously, which would be fantastic if they all performed adequately. Local executive management fosters an environment of no individual / departmental accountability and flat out refuses to clarify roles and responsibilities, thus creating ample opportunity for slackers to shirk their duties. Low employee morale due to lack of executive leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at local executives to evaluate if you have the right people in place to lead the company in the right direction. Seek feedback from local leadership AND front-line associates on the office climate for a real eye opener. Stop the practice of transplanting low performers from other offices for management positions when there are fully qualified and capable employees who have been committed to working here from the beginning. Be proactive in creating accountability and improving morale before there is a mass exodus.

Worked for AmeriHealth Caritas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriHealth Caritas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AmeriHealth Caritas CEO Michael A. Rashid. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by AmeriHealth Caritas employees.