AmeriHealth Caritas

Add Photos

Michael A. Rashid

All about your supervisor/dept

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phila, PA

Prosgreat benefits, if you work for a good supervisor and have a good team it's a good place to work. A lot of learning opportunities. I came in not knowing a major microsoft office product and left with full knowledge of the program by taking classes there. I only worked there for a year

Cons"lifers" that don't think outside of the box and just do what they want can make a company stale. Promoting people just because they've been around forever

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting so much emphasis on how long someone has been at the company and focus on what they have ACCOMPLISHED for the company no matter how long they have been there

Lousy experience

Program Support (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsNot too much good to say about this company. They have a good 401K at Vanguard, however and a good dental benefits.

ConsArrogant "Directors" who lead by intimidation, not example. "Seat of your pants" management and direction that changes regularly. This is because of the very high turnover and inability to retain quality people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees the tools they need to get the job done. Pay better.

A very stressful work environment

Pros-Friendly and supportive co-workers
    -Work from home option

Cons-Lots of talk about the mission and values, but most actions of management are opposite
    -Increasing micromanagement, yet everchanging and unclear expectations
    -Employee morale is very low
    -Passive aggressive corporate surveys where bonuses are tied to positive results
    -Punitive management style in my dept.
    -Leadership is severely disconnected from employees
    -Leadership seems disorganized with constant changes in direction and focus

Advice to Senior Management-A drastic culture change is needed; managing by fear doesn't produce the best outcomes.
    -Employees don't feel valued or respected.
    -Quality needs to be more or at least as important as quantity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating for those who really care

ProsSome associates are truly committed to caring about members

ConsLeadership is lacking. Talks about caring but does not live it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet input and advice from your lower level staff. Support your staff.

Outreach Specialist

Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFlexibility
    They dont micromanage
    Nice location
    Friendly work emvironment

ConsThey fired me after buying out Chartered Healthcare. They didnt want to maintain the salaries that were offered by CHP. You also had use your own car.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont buy out a comoany and fire the people who knew what they were doing.

Always changing

ProsHealth, dental, and vision benefits are great! Attracts employees by these benefits.

ConsHigh turnover rate of staff/managers. Unable to stabilize processess.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn

Great for Interns

ProsInternship Program for different areas of company
    Workshops
    Social events
    Paid
    Many interns come back multiple summers
    Can get a job offer after graduation

ConsYou don't always get feedback on your work
    Some days are not busy and it seems wasted
    Some of the interns are really immature and hard to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure work projects so it is more organized

Terrible company

Care Manager RN (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsDescent medical and dental insurance

ConsSweatshop mentality, low pay, harassing environment

Advice to Senior ManagementFutile

A Lot to be Desired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis was a small company and is growing fast. The pay is pretty good and many Vendor relationships exist. This company performs a lot of outreach to contribute positively to the community.

ConsThe PMO specifically has a lot to be desired from an organizational, technology, process, and procedural perspective. The end-user is forgotten with the implementation of each project leading to much manual labor on the back-end which subsequently impacts the Members. Poor decisions from leadership causes unnecessary stress and substantially impacts the work/personal life balance. Responsibility and accountability is hard to find within the company for getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open-minded and listen to the experiences from resources for project implementation improvements without retribution. Shake-up the leadership and either hire new leadership or promote competent resources from within that will have a positive outcome on the company.

It WAS a great place to work then it went downhill

Director, Technology (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Pros- Fulfilling work
    - Great hardworking people across the organization
    - Connection to the community
    - Solid vision
    - Benefits are great
    - Lots of growth in healthcare

Cons- Lack of solid leadership
    - No accountability across entire organization
    - Lots of reorganization going on especially in Operations, IT and PMO
    - Zero work-life balance (unwritten expectation of working 24/7)
    - Lack of ethics and trust in HR Department
    - Passive-aggressive Performance Management
    - Lack of honesty internally (people just disappear from org charts or employees are flat out lied to)
    - Posturing towards outsourcing core services to support rapid growth means lack of job stability
    - IT/PMO department is managed like operations instead of a strategic investment

Advice to Senior Management- Refocus and center the company on the mission again
    - Get closer to all senior leaders areas and do skip level meetings with all levels within the departments to understand what is really going on
    - Be honest about the areas you are looking to out source
    - Develop employees so you can retain business knowledge even if it is in other areas of the company
    - Move IT and PMO to report directly to the CEO
    - Stop pushing personal agendas
    - Manage the 'squeaky wheels" instead of creating extra low value work for IT

Worked for AmeriHealth Caritas? Contribute to the Community!