AmeriLife & Health Services

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Timothy O. North

Pros
  • The product portfolio for senior-age care is pretty extensive and there are really no limits on how you can help retirees out (in 6 reviews)

• Great group of people working hard to make a living (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers lie about the opportunity to get new agents (in 6 reviews)

• The favorable reviews obviously given by upper management (in 4 reviews)

I love this place it's the best career i have had

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

you don't have any physical heavy lifting, or deadlines to meet . you have a great office staff of senior agents willing to help you when and how you need you only need to ask. they are honest with you and tell you that you get what you put in to it.... Tons of contests and bonuses you can get if you put enough work in and if you wish they take out of your bound and let you repay and they get the insurance on you for you as a just in case.. much better then AIL by far..in the time I have been here verses the other company I have learned and been helped 1000 times more. and the long run of your efferts are more than worth it

Cons

You have to give 125% to get out of it... and it takes time to build up your business and the more time you put in can be disconcerting for the immediate gratification.. and long hours and days away from family

Advice to Management

yes I believe a bit better lead system needs to be available for all agents to have access to right away... otherwise wicked good

2. Good pay, poor system

Pros

Lucrative pay for helping people of our reaching medicare age navigate the process of choosing the right health care insurance for their retirement years.

Cons

Leads are old and reused so many many times. Junior representatives be prepared to drum up your own leads or find a way to close the lead after you get it are the 5 th person to reach out to this client.

Advice to Management

Get a better quality lead system

Some positives however quite a few negatives as well

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

If you are new to the insurance field you do get some training. You are also assisted in getting signed up with a number of top rated insurance companies.

Cons

The contracts that you are first offered are not very good as far as the percentage of the sale that you actually get to keep.

Advice to Management

Work with upper management or ownership to improve the contracts that are offered to general agents.

AmeriLife - the island of misfit toys .. .

Current Employee - Director Equivalent in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Director Equivalent in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better than unemployment. But not much. I can not even get to the 20 word minimum for "Pro" comments !

Cons

No Leadership, no career path, no training budget = you don't get trained after you are on-boarded, ever! CEO and President are really nice people - yet they are insurance salesmen with no clue how to lead or treat people. You can not believe it until you work here how many dinosaurs still roam the earth - incapable of sharing information. It is all about sit down shut up and follow the checklist, we dont care what you think, we dont want suggestions and how dare you come to my office to discuss something without me inviting you.

Advice to Management

Quit and let others run the place to its potential. There are no small or moderate corrections any of you can make as you obviously have ZERO care for interests of any employee other than yourselves. Stop hiding behind your glass doors (you NEVER make the rounds to just meet/greet and thank people doing the work) - I don't even think a magic wand could fix your major issues as you demonstrate zero leadership or humility or care of the workers.

6. assistance Manager

Current Employee - Assistance Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Assistance Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Training, Sell mulitiple Products, Largest Senior Agency industry in USA

Cons

Moving from florida to New jersey.

7. Be aware of the black box.

Pros

Facilitate trainings. Provide leads to find the prospects. Talks about how to improve sales skills. The system promises to build your business.

Cons

The same leads sold to you are already provided to others in the same office. Commissions are the lowest in the industry with extra charges that doesn't allows to free your money. Trainings are designed to keep you coming to the office but not directed to improve your weaknesses.

Advice to Management

Even if you have to sale too do not criticize or rivalries wit agents on your team.

stay away

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

Learn about the insurance business.

Cons

They lock you in to contracts you can't break if you want to be an independent. They give you FREE leads/appointments everyday pulled from a small list of senior citizen Medicaid clients. They they charge you office space, without having a real office. The commissionsplit favors the agency. They hope you sell enough to where you leave and they keep collecting premiums off your friends and family. This is a 1099 position but they treat you like an employee.

Advice to Management

Get real leads. Get rid of dishonest agents.

Horrible keep away

Pros

Some education for insurance industry.

Cons

Treat you like an employee but you are 1099'ed. Never get 100% free of their contracts. Hinder you if you stay in the business

Advice to Management

Provide legitimate leads. Don't encourage dishonesty.

Stinky turd

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Roanoke, VA

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They buttered me up good for the interview, but I could smell it was a turd a mile away.

Cons

You are basically a bird dog for the managers who are taking half or more of your compensation and sending you out on leads that have been stomped on multiple times over.

Advice to Management

Stop taking 50% or more commission and treat agents like human beings.

11. sales agent

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

excellent training program. The only reason to work here is for the training, otherwise promises made in interview process are normally false.

Cons

The lead system they espouse as state of the art is actually recycled over and over again from existing clients. Minimal outreaches for new clients. For this i have $150 each month deducted from my commissions for leads, 50 for desk rent, 25 for computer fees.....and then they expect us to pay for hotel stays for mandatory meetings. All the perks of working for them have been been discontinued, and anyone who remains with them for longer than it takes for insurance trainings should have their head examined. They claim to be growing, so why has the agent totals reduced more than 50% over the past 5 years.

RSS Feed </> Embed