AmeriLife & Health Services

Updated December 6, 2014
Updated December 6, 2014
3.7

Timothy O. North

Pros
  • Product portfolio, ability to earn unlimited income (in 6 reviews)

• Great group of people working hard to make a living (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers lie about the opportunity to get new agents (in 6 reviews)

• The favorable reviews obviously given by upper management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic product portfolio, Great Training, many resources and Leads are plentiful

Cons

Anything this good requires consistent hard work and determination. This business is simply but not easy if your not self motivated and if you let excuses get in your way then skip Amerilife.

Promote the opportunity to excess

Horrible, waste of time

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nothing, btw their recruiters write all of the positive reviews here, don't believe it

Cons

you'll lose money working here, they're crooks, management is out for themselves, recycled leads, don't work here

get a 4th grade education, stop ripping old people off

AmeriLife & Health Services Response

Dec 9, 2014Marketing

Any one that knows how Glassdoor works knows you must use an independent email to post reviews & the recruiters are typically independent contractors, so why would they write reviews, positive or ... More

Run away! SCARY

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Venice, FL

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Will scam you into signing agreements and you will be bonded,also will charge you for bad leads.Leads are recurring names of uninterested people...out of phonebook! I watched many agents come and go,with months of no compensation....please do research before working with this company!

Stop lying!

This could be a great business to work in and a great company to work for if you had competent managers and leaders

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great group of people working hard to make a living. The products are excellent, and the ability to educate the community is a great experience. You have the ability to access product support directly from the insurance companies you represent, and there is an awesome feeling when you are able to assist consumers to save money and obtain better benefits for their dollar. You have a great opportunity to work smarter not harder if you have the personal knowledge and skills to do so.

Cons

The management system is broken. General managers are also sales people so you are competing against them for sales opportunities. Additionally, the general manager has no idea how to manage people, or what to do to support and lead the sales force. You are often hindered from selling the right product to clients because someone who used to work here sold them a product, and now the office manager is reaping the residuals, so he will tell you that you cannot do the right thing for a client. The code of ethics clearly state that in all transactions, the best interest of the client is always first and foremost, but that only pertains to clients that are not already padding the pocket of the general manager through residuals. If you do sell the right product to one of these existing clients, you won't get paid for it. The individual training out in the field is mediocre at best, because no one ever lets you work a lead and learn from that experience. They want you to ride along and watch, acting like their personal secretary because the manager is too disorganized to have his stuff together. The leads are a real piece of crap. If you get a sale from the leads, it is by pure luck. Everyone in the office has seen the same four people in any one zip code, because the outbound call center only calls the same four people. They can't seem to keep sales people because the manager lies when he interviews the prospective new agents. You need a lot of money on reserve to get into this company, because you will not get paid for the first 2-4 months. No one tells new agents about all the training requirements, the time requirements, or the fact that if you have a family, you will not see much of them again once you start this job. Once you learn the ropes and know your products, don't think you can leave and go to work for a company that cares for its sales force. Amerilife management will do everything in its power to ensure you cannot get released from them, so you can't work anywhere else in the field. Since I came to Amerilife, EVERYONE who has ever came on board after me has already left. And buyer beware: Amerilife keeps up to 50% of commissions paid out by the insurance companies, while other companies pay up to 90%; big difference.

Rethink how and who you put in managerial positions. Great sales people rarely make good managers.

AmeriLife is a Big Family of hard working & well rewarded agents -- I'm blessed to have found it almost 5 yrs ago....

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, lots of leads, superb training, great compensation (including nice bonuses, trips, prizes, etc), no limit to income, management opportunities, agents are friendly and supportive, great product portfolio..

Cons

what may seem to some as cons, should, perhaps, be viewed as transitional/growth challenges?? In my opinion, the company has made lots and lots of improvements in just five years that I have been with it. It continues investing into making agents' work environment easier and more efficient... As with any growth, it's no fun to adjust at times, but it helps me when I keep my eyes on the prize, -- I get rewarded well when I focus on what I do best within my circle of influence.... Production cures ALL.....

For General Managers, -- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting up with all the pressures on both sides... Not an easy job to be right in the middle... For our Home Office management -- please stay closer in touch with our reality in the field, - it will help both, you and us, as we grow....

Life changing opportunity!

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Training is second to none. Work-life balance canot be mayched anywhere and personnal growth for many of us can be attributed to corporate support.

Cons

If you dont have good work ethic you won't make it.

More of the same

Great place to work.

Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

You can make a ton of money if you have a good work ethic. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Do what the successful guys do.....

Cons

Its overwhelming in the beginning. Lots to learn. Don't give up. Stick with it. It definitely works.....

Keep doing what you are doing............

Amerilife has changed many people lives in positive ways.

Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amerilife gives you all the tools you need such as leads, training, in field training and access to over 40 A rated insurance carriers. I came onboard less than 4 years ago and achieved success quickly. I was promoted to Branch leader in 3 months and General Manager in 1 1/2 years. The ironic part is I failed as an independent insurance agent working from home, and last year wrote over 800,000 in annualized business. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is Amerilife.... Look no further if you listen and follow the system this will be your last career and new home!

Cons

It's not easy , but as the saying goes "anything worth having takes hard work"... We do what others wont to have what others dont"

Amerilife is going in the right direction and is the best insurance opportunity in America.... thanks for all you do !

Don't work here, trust me

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services

Pros

Good training in Clearwater for a week

Cons

Rude GMs, morning bashings, they keep half your commissions. Work anyplace else and make more $

Stop lying. You have a revolving door, abuse new agents and keep money for yourselves. Greedy liars with expensive cars and watches to "impress" new agents. Joke

Scary

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked my co-workers and the location

Cons

Good lord, this place was a mess. No written directions. Got yelled at. Everyone was made at one another. I could not believe they were handling such important documents as insurance. I would not want them processing my information.

Learn some best practices and follow.

AmeriLife & Health Services Photos