AmeriLife & Health Services

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Timothy O. North

Pros
  • The product portfolio for senior-age care is pretty extensive and there are really no limits on how you can help retirees out (in 6 reviews)

• Great group of people working hard to make a living (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers lie about the opportunity to get new agents (in 6 reviews)

• The favorable reviews obviously given by upper management (in 4 reviews)

I love this place it's the best career i have had

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

you don't have any physical heavy lifting, or deadlines to meet . you have a great office staff of senior agents willing to help you when and how you need you only need to ask. they are honest with you and tell you that you get what you put in to it.... Tons of contests and bonuses you can get if you put enough work in and if you wish they take out of your bound and let you repay and they get the insurance on you for you as a just in case.. much better then AIL by far..in the time I have been here verses the other company I have learned and been helped 1000 times more. and the long run of your efferts are more than worth it

Cons

You have to give 125% to get out of it... and it takes time to build up your business and the more time you put in can be disconcerting for the immediate gratification.. and long hours and days away from family

Advice to Management

yes I believe a bit better lead system needs to be available for all agents to have access to right away... otherwise wicked good

Some positives however quite a few negatives as well

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

If you are new to the insurance field you do get some training. You are also assisted in getting signed up with a number of top rated insurance companies.

Cons

The contracts that you are first offered are not very good as far as the percentage of the sale that you actually get to keep.

Advice to Management

Work with upper management or ownership to improve the contracts that are offered to general agents.

3. assistance Manager

Current Employee - Assistance Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Assistance Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Training, Sell mulitiple Products, Largest Senior Agency industry in USA

Cons

Moving from florida to New jersey.

stay away

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

Learn about the insurance business.

Cons

They lock you in to contracts you can't break if you want to be an independent. They give you FREE leads/appointments everyday pulled from a small list of senior citizen Medicaid clients. They they charge you office space, without having a real office. The commissionsplit favors the agency. They hope you sell enough to where you leave and they keep collecting premiums off your friends and family. This is a 1099 position but they treat you like an employee.

Advice to Management

Get real leads. Get rid of dishonest agents.

Horrible keep away

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services

Pros

Some education for insurance industry.

Cons

Treat you like an employee but you are 1099'ed. Never get 100% free of their contracts. Hinder you if you stay in the business

Advice to Management

Provide legitimate leads. Don't encourage dishonesty.

Stinky turd

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Roanoke, VA

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They buttered me up good for the interview, but I could smell it was a turd a mile away.

Cons

You are basically a bird dog for the managers who are taking half or more of your compensation and sending you out on leads that have been stomped on multiple times over.

Advice to Management

Stop taking 50% or more commission and treat agents like human beings.

8. sales agent

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

excellent training program. The only reason to work here is for the training, otherwise promises made in interview process are normally false.

Cons

The lead system they espouse as state of the art is actually recycled over and over again from existing clients. Minimal outreaches for new clients. For this i have $150 each month deducted from my commissions for leads, 50 for desk rent, 25 for computer fees.....and then they expect us to pay for hotel stays for mandatory meetings. All the perks of working for them have been been discontinued, and anyone who remains with them for longer than it takes for insurance trainings should have their head examined. They claim to be growing, so why has the agent totals reduced more than 50% over the past 5 years.

I worked at Amerilife

Former Employee - Independent Agent
    Former Employee - Independent Agent

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule.. if you wanna call it that ?

Cons

Oh my!! This company is a joke !! I worked at Amerilife for a short time and it was the worst finacilal decision of my life. Lord I went damn broke working for this company. They tell you that you can make all this money in the begining but this a a big joke because the only ones making any real money a the company is the general manager's, branch leaders and favorites of the office. Their leads suck and they know it. They send new agents out to scout money from old people then go back with them to persade the old to purchase products they dont need.. The only good part to that is, most old people are already up on their scheme. Had I listened to several old friends of mine who had already been in the industry. I would have saved myself a lot of time and money. Don't waste your time with this company because if you do you will regret it.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more truthful because you would keep more agents in the long run.

10. Not terrible

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

Some good guys in the office. Had people to call on.

Cons

Leads were worked over and over.

Advice to Management

Better starting percentages

11. Successful New Agent

Current Employee - Branch Leader/Insurance Agent in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Leader/Insurance Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amerilife provides the tools. Listen, learn, and work. The leads, bonuses and rewards are overflowing. The work environment is positively upbeat.

Cons

Long hours, long days at the start.

Advice to Management

My only thoughts here go back to training new agents. Just because you get it does not mean you can teach it.

RSS Feed </> Embed