AmeriLife & Health Services

Updated September 1, 2014
Updated September 1, 2014
4.0

Timothy O. North

Pros
  • Product portfolio, ability to earn unlimited income (in 4 reviews)

• Products, leads, training, advanced commissions (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers lie about the opportunity to get new agents (in 5 reviews)

• The favorable reviews obviously given by upper management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

AmeriLife is a Big Family of hard working & well rewarded agents -- I'm blessed to have found it almost 5 yrs ago....

Current Employee - Independent Agent  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Schedule flexibility, lots of leads, superb training, great compensation (including nice bonuses, trips, prizes, etc), no limit to income, management opportunities, agents are friendly and supportive, great product portfolio..

Cons

what may seem to some as cons, should, perhaps, be viewed as transitional/growth challenges?? In my opinion, the company has made lots and lots of improvements in just five years that I have been with it. It continues investing into making agents' work environment easier and more efficient... As with any growth, it's no fun to adjust at times, but it helps me when I keep my eyes on the prize, -- I get rewarded well when I focus on what I do best within my circle of influence.... Production cures ALL.....

For General Managers, -- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting up with all the pressures on both sides... Not an easy job to be right in the middle... For our Home Office management -- please stay closer in touch with our reality in the field, - it will help both, you and us, as we grow....

Life changing opportunity!

Current Employee - Independent Agent  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training is second to none. Work-life balance canot be mayched anywhere and personnal growth for many of us can be attributed to corporate support.

Cons

If you dont have good work ethic you won't make it.

More of the same

Great place to work.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

You can make a ton of money if you have a good work ethic. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Do what the successful guys do.....

Cons

Its overwhelming in the beginning. Lots to learn. Don't give up. Stick with it. It definitely works.....

Keep doing what you are doing............

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amerilife has changed many people lives in positive ways.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amerilife gives you all the tools you need such as leads, training, in field training and access to over 40 A rated insurance carriers. I came onboard less than 4 years ago and achieved success quickly. I was promoted to Branch leader in 3 months and General Manager in 1 1/2 years. The ironic part is I failed as an independent insurance agent working from home, and last year wrote over 800,000 in annualized business. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is Amerilife.... Look no further if you listen and follow the system this will be your last career and new home!

Cons

It's not easy , but as the saying goes "anything worth having takes hard work"... We do what others wont to have what others dont"

Amerilife is going in the right direction and is the best insurance opportunity in America.... thanks for all you do !

Scary

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked my co-workers and the location

Cons

Good lord, this place was a mess. No written directions. Got yelled at. Everyone was made at one another. I could not believe they were handling such important documents as insurance. I would not want them processing my information.

Learn some best practices and follow.

Great Place To Be

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time

Pros

this is the best company have ever worked for. i have been here since January of this year. i have been in insurance for about 20 years. had i found amerilife at the beginning of my insurance career i would have 20 years with the company. i do not plan on leaving ever. it is like a family. it is a fast paced environment so you stay on your toes. def not the place for a lazy person or someone that expects everthing to be handed to them. I believe in this company and love it enough that i moved from my home of 25 years in another state to work in the corporate office.

Cons

There really isn't a lot bad to say about this company. any time there is a concern, it is addressed and taken care of. As i stated before, if you dont like to work or are a lazy person, this is not the place for you.

keep up the good work.

excellent profession

Current Employee - Independent Agent  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Product portfolio, ability to earn unlimited income

Cons

Management speaks with forked tongue as the Indians use to say. Lead system is redundant and repetitive.Top producers promoted to upper management then to find out that they have violated ethical and legal business procedures and practices.

Begin to obtain feedback from field personnel instead of management of what needs to be done to be Number 1 again. Realize that the field agent is the one who provides the human capital to achieve the success of the company.

Lies and more lies

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AmeriLife & Health Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and willing to help you in anyway. You are an independent contractor so your hours and days are very flexible. They will pay for your training and help you get licensed.

Cons

Managers lie about the opportunity to get new agents. I was told to quit my existing job because I would make more money right away, WRONG. Make sure you have 3 months salary put aside before attempting to work for Amerilife.

Find better managers that are honest and do not train in underhand tactics. I had 2 managers fired for unethical behaviour within a 6 month period.

Independent Sales Rep

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Asheville, NC

I worked at AmeriLife & Health Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to be your own boss and do your own thing is a plus. Money is great if you are a decent sales person.

Cons

You must be able to take "NO" very well. No Benefits. Hard to stay in the company because agents roll your business even when the management says its a rule not to, so you have to work twice as hard.

Do what you promise your agents and stop being dishonest

BL

Pros

Excellent training opportunity for new agents, low-cost leads, set appointments, structured enviroment. Unliminted growth potential, set your own schedule and working with proven leaders in the industry.

Cons

Insurance sales is an expensive business and working with AMLH as your GA doesn't make it any cheaper. Also, learning the business requires expense capital and the company recruiters and staff doesn't make that clear durning the interview process. As a result, we lose good people because they can't afford to continue to put out money while waiting to make a decent living.

Treat your agents like the assets they are - they are the foot soldiers that make the entire operation profitable. The company would be the number one marketing company if they scrapped their current business model and redesigned it so that the agents are real, W-2 employees. Then, we could retain the good agents and leave the rest behind. Also, the "mandantory" events are bogus.

Worked for AmeriLife & Health Services? Contribute to the Community!