AmeriMark

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary Giesler

Great company, poor management.

Worker (Current Employee) Berea, OH

ProsGreat atmosphere with some friendly people. Some you simply can't get along with, but you find that anywhere

ConsManagement doesn't listen to employees at all. I'd tell you my situation but frankly, they'd know who I was right away. It's a shame that I have to remain anonymous to ensure job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! Or else, they won't want to stay.

Where do I start?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Middleburg Heights, OH

Pros- Location? I don't know theres at least 50 fast food places to eat nearby?
    - Quiet atmosphere is ideal for daily naps

Cons- Parking is AWFUL... does not accomodate different shifts. VERY crowded
    - Professionalism? I don't see it.... call center supervisors hate their lives and upper management cares less about the company as a whole
    - Below average wages for work to be done. half of the job is just organizing mistakes which should have been fixed years ago but put aside because of leadership
    - No community... expect when the CEO wants everyone to petition against catalog taxing
    - Ancient equipment..... everything manual seriously who uses groupwise still
    - HR dept. is unhelpful and weird... like really weird.

Advice to Senior ManagementGotta pay more to get better talent in the doors and KEEP them

Somebody is Milking this Cash Cow HARD.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Middleburg Heights, OH

ProsGreat co-workers. Some of the nicest people with whom I've ever worked. They all help one another because it's the best way to learn anything there,

ConsWhat would you call a LLC that doesn't seem to invest in itself? What would call a company that runs a call center on ancient equipment, runs on 90's era software, cannibalizes PCs rather replacing them, hasn't repaired the water fountains in three years, has one restroom key that male and female employees must share for their respective restrooms, stops holding "all hands" meetings, and cancels the annual company picnic.

This company, in my opinion, is, at best, penny wise and pound foolish. On a Sunday night you may see a dozen agents in a 75% empty call center taking catalog orders from 8 different catalogs while (potential) customers from around the entire country are left simmering on the phone waiting to spend money. So they save paying a few more $10/hr agents who could have taken in thousands of dollars in merchandise sales.

Nobody really knows how the software works, It's so old that even the IT people don't know how to fix it. They really, really need to get some pros in there, But they won't.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there ever was a place in need of an "undercover boss" this call center is it. The owners seem to have very little interest in innovation while the supervisors seem mainly focused on personnel issues and keeping their jobs. I don't believe you intend to stay in business for much longer. I think your plan is to keep sucking money out of it till it dies,

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looked forward to work each day

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat culture of employee interaction

ConsHigh turnover due to lack of flexibility

Advice to Senior ManagementGo easy on the metrics

If your in sales and like working for a company that sets you up to fail then apply here.

Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) Middleburg Heights, OH

ProsThe people (co-workers are nice)

ConsThe company sets you up to fail at your sales goals. If you make a mistake they will withhold your commission and not pay you. Some people lost $500.00 of their commission for making a mistake.The company does not allow you to balance home life and work life. They offer you amnesty for days you called off but your sales must be perfect across the board that day and if not then the points you accumulated for calling off stays on.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some integrity.

Worst place to work ever!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were no pros at this company

ConsSome of the meanest people I have ever worked with in my lifetime - they allow bullying, cruelty to the customer service reps and other employees (i.e. reps are reprimanded and made to feel like the lowest people on earth in front of the other employees - often brought to tears...) lots of favoritism, inadequate managers, upper management supports bullying tactics (i.e. one manager was proud of the fact that she has been labeled a cold hearted person) - hard work rarely rewarded at this company

Advice to Senior ManagementMuch training needed for your supervisors with regards to how they interact with their teams

Good for what it is

Inbound Sales (Current Employee) Middleburg Heights, OH

ProsPay, benefits, perks are good. Managers are friendly enough. Paid 30min lunch break, chance to earn decent money in commisions. Training is very good.

ConsVery, very , very repetitive. Mostly seniors you deal with, so grumpy, hard of hearing, rude, igonorant.
    Having to try and push memberships to 90%of people you talk to is stressful. Burnout is high, also nitpicked to death by quality and comliance to knock your commision down. They want you to do well, but not too well.

There are much better places to work.

Ecommerce Coordinator (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsPromotions are given based on the number of years employeed at AmeriMark..not your job performance. A large number of the company leaders have only a high school degree and started working in the call center. They do not like employees to be friends with each other. They want you to do your work, not talk to anyone unless it's work related, and then go home.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you continue to pay poorly, you will continue to get poor workers (which is what most of the company is now)

Good place to get job experience.

ProsGood training, nice managers and not expected to work extra long hours.

ConsDoes not pay well compared to competitors. Home office is depressing looking.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less people and pay more to the employees who do their job well.

Amerimark is an awful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only reason to work here is if you are desperate. They do offer benefits including health, dental and 401k. They have a friendly atmosphere and offer sufficient training.

ConsAmerimark likes to say that they promote from within, however they are more likely to promote based on seniority (or relationships with HR reps) rather than actual competence. Then they wonder why their company is going under. Their memberships are bogus, and take advantage of the elderly. The company also spends money erroneously and during my time there I've seen wages frozen several times, mandatory furlough, mass layoffs and the company stopped matching 401k contributions. Accepting employment there was the worst mistake of my professional life.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a budget analyst who actually knows what they're doing. Actually, hire anyone who knows what they're doing.

Worked for AmeriMark? Contribute to the Community!