AmeriPride Services

Updated November 16, 2014
Updated November 16, 2014
2.4

Bill Evans

Easy going culture providing room to contribute. Maybe too passive.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AmeriPride Services full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities to contribute and a generally friendly culture. Great for those looking to develop themselves. Privately held, which insulates decision making from wild market driven swings.

Cons

Some personnel decisions make little sense. Low performing employees are often retained well beyond a point that would be acceptable in most companies.

Great company that you can see yourself at for a long time. Really take care of their people.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Minnetonka, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, opportunities for advancement, great/friendly culture, good perks, respect for their employees. Better yet, if you want to try something else, they are flexible to give you new opportunities within the company. There aren't enough good things I can say about AmeriPride. Once you're in the door, you're in. They'll take care of you through the good times and the bad.

Cons

Very few that I can think of. They are a slower to change company and there are some aspects of a good old boys culture, but to contradict my previous statement, they were improving.

Keep going forward on your current path, don't be afraid to take some risks.

It was completely unorganized

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Driver in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Driver in Memphis, TN

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and good hours!

Cons

Awful management! No credibility and horrible reputation with costumers.

Replace the CSM's and management staff in memphis.

What a Joke

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only thing that kept me somewhat sane was talking to the drivers, excuse me CSR's, and the customers. That was simply because they all hated their lives with AmeriPride as well.

Cons

Where to begin? Well first off. Don't listen to what they tell you in the interview process. They will tell you what a great place this is and everything. They make the job seem like God's gift to the work world. It's not. People will spread lies about you quicker than you can blink an eye. They do not listen, expect impossible outcomes, and they expect the service department to do the sales and production departments job. They screw over customers faster than you can shake a stick at and they don't blink an eye doing it. My advice to any customer or person looking to use AmeriPride for a linen service or as a job is to look somewhere else. They just don't care. It's like being in High School all over again. If I could rate them as 0 stars I would. I don't think there is enough space on this page or time in the day to tell you how childish and penny pinching this company is. Heaven help you if you get hurt or find another job. You will be called vindictive, a liar, a fake, and your ability to work at all will be called into question (that's if they even talk to you to begin with). Bottom line is unless you enjoy working 60-70 hours a week with no life and enjoy being told you are always wrong and your opinions don't matter DON'T DO IT!!!!

Listen to your team! Get out on a truck with your drivers and see what it's like. Roll up your sleeves and get some dirt under your nails. Maybe then your nose won't be so high in the air. It's not hard to be decent managers. Just open your ears to those around you and stop looking at your phone or computer.

I loved working for this company, It was by far the best company that I worked for.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Clerk in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Clerk in Vernon, CA

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Each and every employee worked together to get the job done. We did not divide ourselves into departments, and worked together as one family.

Cons

There was a lot of clean up work, but the end result is what made the job so rewarding.

The only thing that I would have liked more of was cross-training.

Decent Company

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance, very supportive of the sales team

Cons

GM's where very difficult to work with. Had to sell customer then sell gm on why they should take the business in lots of cases.

Take GM's out of the contract approval. If sales reps are selling within the guideline there should be no rejected accounts.

An old fashion company lost in today's fast pace world.

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Varied types of positions
    Room for upward mobility
    Family atmosphere
    Loyal employees
    Fast paced environment
    Family manage business

Cons

Behind the times
    Promoting from all the wrong places
    Cannot retain top talent
    Lacks ongoing training department
    Struggles to develop it's people

They should review their management hierarchy and the people that hold all the power.
    Iron fist management philosphies are no longer effective in today's digital world.

It was not a challenge - and most of my days were spent trying to stay busy.

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free food in the mornings and free lunches...and some nice perks.

Cons

Vacation policy was terrible and behind the times. Management was flailing - little or no direction and lack of empowerment to actually thrive and do my job better.

Improve vacation policy. Figure out what is actually contributing to the bottom line. What is going to drive new business and leads and start treating and challenging your employees - too much money and time is spent outsourcing to big agencies.

This Company has been Hijacked

I have been working at AmeriPride Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, Great customers,

Cons

Company has lost focus on where the money really comes from, RETENTION !! Of both Good employees and Customers.
    I have lost tract of how many times I have been told " If I can't do it they will get someone who can" Really? I am a career employee! Never sick! High cust retention! Low AR! Mid range sales! This is how they talk to me. That is something someone really wants to think about before jumping in.

Ok, That sign that says " The beatings will continue until moral improves" That is meant to be a joke, Not a business model ! I suggest someone take a look at the upper management bonus program. The push for new products, Increased revenue, 20% Price increase's, Charges being generated out of thin air only to be credited off. Something is not right! This company has forgotten this is a people business!! Ran by and implemented by people, Serving people! In closing, Where does it stop? If 5% growth is this year, You expect 8% next year, Then 10% Then 12% Then 15% . Greed is good is a line some script writer came up with. Greed will be the down fall of this and many more once great American companies .

Indescribable!

I worked at AmeriPride Services full-time

Pros

Used to be some, but with all of the changes it's hard to tell the pros from cons (oh, I mean't senior management the cons.)

Cons

Throw the core values in the trash...it's all BS

Resign.