America Chung Nam Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Yan Cheung

Why Does Everyone Complain So Much?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at America Chung Nam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Great People - but from all the complaints here, they all seem like whiners!
    2. Real Bonuses - I've worked here for 4 years, and I love getting several thousand dollars every December!
    3. Amazing Benefits - I don't pay anything for my health insurance coverage, AND we got more benefits last year added to our plans.
    4. Fast-Paced Environment - There's so much to do everyday that time flies.
    5. Company is Changing - ACN seems to be changing during the last two years to be a better company. It's nice to see the changes and also attend the different events that HR has organized.

Cons

1. Training - Most of the managers here are promoted from within, so they don't necessarily know how to manage. Supposedly, there's a training plan in the works.
    2. Short Deadlines - Everything needs to happen right away. It's not sustainable.
    3. Not Enough Vacation Days - It would be nice to get more than 10 days per year.
    4. Micromanaged From Senior Management - All of the VPs and up tend to micromanage. Empower your staff to make decisions!

Advice to Management

Everyone needs to let go a little and not be so wound up...it's okay to breathe and relax for a minute! ACN has a lot of opportunity to grow their business, but they can only do it if they let their managers and staff do their jobs.

Terribly managed company that doesn't recognize talent when they have it

I worked at America Chung Nam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some nice colleagues and job wasn't that hard. Never really worked overtime as I was able to finish the work on time. Good work life balance.

Cons

Where to start because there are so many?
    1. No job growth prospects. Promotions are all based on if you are friends or family of managers or owners regardless if you know the content or not. Not merit based or how many years you have been at the job. Managers hold onto any mistakes you make and use it against you as a way to not promote you even if it has been years since it happened.
    2. Having a tardy policy. Are you kidding me with this? Are we back in school or something? People have responsibilities outside of work that may cause them to be 5-10 minutes late. As long as you get your job done it shouldn't matter if you are late or not. Saw so many colleagues running upstairs to clock in because they didn't want to be late. It's a funny sight when you see business professionals running in work clothes because they are 1 minute late. Can't get it out of my mind.
    3. Terrible management. Management thinks they are the smartest and greatest people in the world. Even when they make a mistake, they put it on the staff because according to them, they are perfect and don't make mistakes.
    4. No internet use. This isn't a real deal breaker, but completely restricting the internet is childish. There is no way an employee can be working all 8 hours every single day.
    5. Requirement to attend annual party. If you don't want to go due to some personal reason, you have to get APPROVAL.
    Everything about this company is about controlling its employees and treating people like kids.
    If you aren't related somehow to the managers or owners, this company will anger you as they don't appreciate your contributions.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and try and reward competent employees. Heard management had to hire an additional employee to replace my contributions. Would have cost them less than 2 people's salaries. Get rid of the stiff work rules so people can enjoy coming to work that way they'll perform even better. Management should take ownership of mistakes and stop blaming others because that will only cause resentment in employees. I'd only recommend this company if you don't care to get yelled at or if you don't want to advance your career anymore.

Apr 1, 2015Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I would like to respond to some of your comments:

1. With regard to promotions, we have started in the last couple of years to create and develop
    ... More

High turnover rate and severe overtime

I have been working at America Chung Nam

Pros

Nice looking building and interior

Cons

High turnover rate
    Tons of unpaid overtime
    Severely understaffed

Advice to Management

Above

Company with high potentials but lead by wrong people

I worked at America Chung Nam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean environment with decent pay with good health benefits.
    Potential for growth and friendly staff

Cons

1. Upper management does not provide clear guidance nor training but expects you to know everything and do everything exactly the way they pictured it in their "heads". If it is wrong, you get criticized and blamed.
    2. A lot of blaming in this company
    3. Too many useless meetings that takes hours and won't let employees OT after and gives them a hard time about not finishing work on time.
    4. Although they claim to follow labor law, employees sometimes cannot take lunch until after 3PM and only a 10 min lunch.

Advice to Management

Start training and stop blaming! Your employees are a reflection of who you are. There is a reason why people keep leaving your company.

Mar 31, 2015Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly appreciate your input, and we will share your comments with our management team.

In response to your comments, we would like to address several points

6. Great Experience

I worked at America Chung Nam

Pros

Friendly coworkers
    Great location
    Good pay and benefits

Cons

Not real change to grow with company

Isn't loyalty built on a mutual long-term relationship? At ACN, they demand your loyalty at day 1 of your employment.

I have been working at America Chung Nam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior Management is very down to earth. They have great visions and stay on top of the industry. The company rewards hard working and loyal employees.

Cons

Very strict work environment, you see employee rushing in the office from the parking lot because they are late for a few minutes to work. Tipical family owned bussiness, decision only gets made at the top, lack of transparency, very micromanagement. It could get very political. A lot of long term employees but doesn't mean they are capable at the position they are doing. If you leave on time - 9 to 6, you could be seen as an Alien!

Advice to Management

If Senior Managment wants to grow the company to a world class corporation, it's neccessary to start from changing the people!

8. What makes this company great to work with is the people inside. You determine your own happiness wherever you work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at America Chung Nam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you are a diligent worker and diplomatic and polite to everyone you have a chance to work with, you should do just fine with room for vertical mobility
    - I can't speak for all but I love the people I work with and sit close to, still haven't had a day where I dreaded waking up in the morning to go to work. I sit close to considerate and humorous folks that cracks me up nearly every day.
    - People are very understanding of Doctor Appts and health coming first, just don't abuse it.
    - Great Healthcare coverage (HMO is all covered, PPO is $50 a month) + Life insurance covered by company!

Cons

- Due to multiple languages spoken in the company, miscommunication occurs from time to time
    - Some people can come across as direct but remember to not take things personally
    - Turnover rates can be high depending on department

Advice to Management

- Touch base more often with various employees in the company so people have a sense of who they are working under and that upper management actually knows who they are and cares.

9. Leader in its industry and still a growing company with unlimited future prospects.

I have been working at America Chung Nam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a a longterm vision and growth platform to continue as a leader in its industry. Employees who demonstrate a committment to the Company's growth and are willing to act with a "sense of urgency" are well recognized and rewarded for their efforts.

Cons

Due to the growth and international locations throughout the world, certain departments are required to conduct meetings at unusual hours of the day.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt to changes in the business environment and reward the employees who have also adapted and progressed with the new changes.

wasting time, unprofessional management... no respect, work you like a slave

I have been working at America Chung Nam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they'll give you a $20 gift card on your birthday ...that is it

Cons

they treat you like slave, no respect to you as a human being, and all Sr management people are all relative to the owner one way or the other.

Advice to Management

ever think about why your employee turn over rate so high? average people stay here for about 6-12 months and can't to wait to leave after few months, and communist like management. all employees that left this company with joy not with tears, because they are so happy to get out of it!

Apr 3, 2014Assistant Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. While we appreciate your input, we hope to gain better insight through constructive criticism.

I do want to add to your list of "Pros". You are correct...we do give

Dont waste your time

Former Employee - Project Administer in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Project Administer in City of Industry, CA

I worked at America Chung Nam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about it

Cons

Harsh work environment, Long hours, pointing fingers, stupid management

Advice to Management

Keep up the good works, losers!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed