America II

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.6

Michael B. Galinski

Was a great place to work a few years ago.

I worked at America II full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of paid time off, and you can accrue it over time. 401k with match, insurance (not real cheap). The people that work there are the best. As in "the little people". There is still a family feeling among the workers. They pull together when someone is in need.

Cons

Pay is low to start and raises are minimal. The upper management is cold and values of the workers is very low.

Treat people with some respect.

Very poor work place

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good initial training, a lot of stock, most of the sales people are good people.

Cons

Sales people are treated very poorly, they lie about the cost of stock so they can pay less commission to their sales people, they make you sign a 2-year non-compete and even if they lay you off they will still sue you if you get a job with a competitor (so they basically expect you to either not work or start a whole new career). I would never recommend anyone I know to work for America II. They are a very greedy company.

Stop treating your sales people like children and maybe there wouldn't be so many of them quitting to start their own companies and compete against you. Also try paying your sales people a fair commission, especially since you inflate the cost of stock items.

Success is no accident?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time

Pros

Incredible business model in a challenging global industry. Good logistical support in the warehousing due to technical upgrades by necessity.

Cons

Demeritocracy = Challenging corporate environment in which to advance, for one who follows their rules set by 'managers.' By the way, expect their rules to change, monthly and weakly.

Education in sciences will help one understand intelligent feedback when heard. Do what's right. Try being honest. Learn to preserve power. Greed at expense of operations staff is not good. Mature for your market or the market will mature away from you for their own sake.

Only for tough sales talents

Former Employee - International Account Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - International Account Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fair opportunity to make a nice commission

Cons

If you'd like to feel like a human being, this might not be the right place for you

Rethink your policies regarding work shift. An International Account Rep has yo work seven hours before he is able/allowed to take a lunch break

Prepare yourself for the worst corporate experience

Former Employee - Information Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Assigned parking spot, two days off for Thanksgiving

Cons

Poorly managed, lots of layoffs, no training, lots of disgruntled employees who are loud and abusive to others, very clique, very poor pay, health benefits are too expensive to purchase, forced vacations, lots of ankle-biters, and no incentive to do a great job.

Reward employees who strive to make achievements, offer tuition reimbursement.

America II - work hard, play hard

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working at America II in the marketing department has been very challenging in that the duties I've had evolved over the years. I used to fax a lot. I would create them and then send them out as well as maintain databases. I stopped doing that years ago and started working more with graphic design and designing fliers, posters, and banners. Loved it. Also, the company closes down twice a year and you get paid for it. The CEO knows many people by name and with a large company, that is impressive.

Cons

The company has had some massive lay offs recently so the environment has become a little more volatile. Sales reps are struggling and because of that they aren't as sociable as in the past.

I believe that many who come from America II are used to nothing less than top notch service. We strive for quality in all we do.

Work Hard, Play Harder

Current Employee - Data Management Coordinator and Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Management Coordinator and Analyst

I have been working at America II

Pros

Fun and friendly
    Great people
    Most managers help a person succeed
    Promote/hire within
    Family oriented
    Solid company
    Still growing

Cons

Market conditions can make it stressful

There is some dead wood that needs taken out, or moved. Let the employees review their managers.