America's Job Network

Updated Mar 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert J Gerberg Jr

Work their for about four years.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
    Collinsville, IL

Prosit's cool good hours, good pay, and it's a wonderful job for anybody.

ConsThe people their are ungraceful.

Was a decent place to work as long as you got along.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsProduce and you are ok.

ConsLead distribution was often arbitrary and not fair.

Support, tools, leads and resources are all really good

Denver, CO

ProsThere's A LOT of different people you talk to on a day to day basis. All income levels, all backgrounds. I mean I've worked with everybody from guys in construction to rocket scientists. It makes everyday a little different and changes everything up a bit so you dont fall into a funk.
    The tools, leads and backend support provided really makes it so you're not wasting time with all of that ancillary work in other sales positions I've worked. There's no meetings, you're not filling out reports, etc.
    The resources are all top-notch. The presentations and tools are look extremely professional.

ConsIt's retail, so it's a little different than B2B sales, which is what I'm used to. B2C is always going to be a different animal, so you've got to get used to that adjustment if you're accustomed to other sales. I worked in B2B for more than 20 years and those people are going to make their meeting come rain or shine.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on the track of letting the sales force be autonomous and not having to deal with all that ancillary business. Keep providing leads.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall I can say I'm quite pleased with the time spent selling ERI / SET

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsLeads. Leads. Leads and Leads. There certainly is never a shortage of opportunity for making calls and connecting with people and (it sounds canned) but talking with different people everyday is something I really enjoy doing. And You are talking everyday so if youve got the skills then you can succeed. The people and connections you make with coworkers really are fantastic too and Ive made some really good friends here.

ConsThe name changes can be a little difficult. Alot of the times I didn't feel the changes came with enough warning or reason for that matter and i think they're a little unnecessary. Also I agree with a previous poster that some of the software could use a facelift, though appearances aside alot of my clients got alot out of the tools they provided and found a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe name changes really aren't benefiting anybody. Neither the customers or the salesmen. No too mention they're unnecessary. We need to stop hiding and start promoting the good the company does. The bad shouldn't outweigh the good.

Have had Great success here!

Denver, CO

ProsIn the years I’ve worked here I’ve found it to be a fantastic experience. Great pay, great people. Working on commission month to month you have to have skills as a salesman to really nail down the process and get calls and sales made and if you aren’t working hard to do that you aren’t going to get sales. But hey that’s what being a salesman is about! If you enjoy chasing the sale then you’ll enjoy working here because there’s plenty of leads to contact people and the resources and media they provide are second to none. Really professional looking stuff.

ConsI tend to be a face to face person and getting used to the whole “virtual” job was a little difficult. A LOT of time is spent on the phone and computer so adjusting to relying on my voice and listening was a little tricky at first.

Advice to Senior ManagementA draw for the new guys would be nice to let them get their feet wet a little.

Your Potential and Abilities Determine Your Success

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsWith all the unemployed in today’s economy, working for America’s Job Network gives a skilled and dedicated salesperson the opportunity, not just for great sales potential, but to genuinely feel like you’re helping people. The firm is a family-owned operation and the management has always been warm, personal and accommodating. Because of the high-level of technology they implement, schedules are extremely flexible and you can essentially telecommute anywhere you have access to a phone and a computer. And while you need a certain sales acumen and skill to really lock-down a good amount of sales, the company provides more than enough leads and there is no limit on how much commission you can earn. Your potential determines how much you make. Overall, I’ve been extremely happy in my time at AJN and would highly recommend them to anyone with the sales skills to succeed.

ConsThe company and its industry can be extremely fast-paced, so you need to be able to adapt quickly. And while it depends on the type of person that you are, it helps to be self-reliant, as there isn’t any micromanaging of what you’re doing. Again however, this just depends on the type of worker that you are and can be quite liberating if you’re used to middle management breathing down your neck and want a change. Another aspect to get used to is getting paid monthly, which requires a bit of budgeting if you’re not financially responsible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on assembling the right team of individuals who are capable of success. Everybody isn’t going to be the best right out of the gate, but recognize their talents and strengths and where they can be implemented. There’s a huge opportunity for big success going forward!

An Outstanding Organization

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsCurrently I work as a Marketing Director in this firm. I love my job. The resources they provide us to use with our clients are unbelievable. Even in this difficult economy our clients are able to outperform their peers in the job market and land new positions. It isn't easy. But they get it done, and are thrilled with our services. I never have had a position like this were I have had such job satisfaction.

ConsNot to much really. Sometimes the hours are a bit long. But I think that you would find the same thing in any successful company in the country in this economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, and thanks for making me feel appreciated!

Don't be fooled

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsFlexible schedule, can work anywhere there is a phone and an internet connection, really great coworkers, potential to change peoples lives,

ConsStraight commision sales, CONSTANT changes that interrupt the sales process and cycle negatively, unbelievably high turnover, communication and management structure is seriously lacking, get paid 1x a month,

Advice to Senior Managementpick a direction and stick to it for at least a sales cycle, stop micromanaging on the wrong things. This is a sales organization, focus metrics on sales and let people have the ability to do what works for them to drive REVENUE, not viewing of videos. Unless you want to pay people for each video viewed

Don't work for them.

Vice President (Former Employee)
    DFW, TX

ProsNo cap to what you can earn because it is all commission. You feel like you are helping people. The benefit is the client is analyzed like any other product and scrubbed down to the selling points for the hiring employer to see. Most people can not see that in thier own shoes.

ConsIt all commission and a very long sales cycle. Takes a very unique person to succeed and only a handful can do it. The problem is clients pay the company an average of $5500 to $7500 to have all thier marketing materials prepared which does include resumes and all cover letters. The problem is regardless of how clear it is made to the client, they still expect the company is going ot get them a job when the company is giving the best preparation for a job search money can buy. In the end, a commission is lost because they want thier money back months and months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your sales people is rule number one. When I did my job but the delievery wasn't, the salesmen was financially penalized instead of the delivery person.

Great concept, sleazy execution

Denver, CO

ProsUnlimited income potential, no micromanagement. Reasonably flexible scheduling. Decent benefits.

ConsHigh staff turnover with an expectation of a high failure rate, no guarantee of any income, no middle management with any influence. Arbitrary decisions on converting employees from 1099 to W-2. No human resources functions. Family-owned and run like a kingdom with kings and princes that do as the king says without questioning or correction. Favoritism runs rampant, but favorites can become slugs literally overnight. Constant change for the sake of change without any planning. Over 85% of the workforce is paid on straight commission, whether in sales, sales management or client delivery services. Highly volatile and disrespected industry. Very difficult, high-cost intangible service sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up communications. Risk giving commissioned employees a draw to survive on until they become successful. Don't change products every week or month. Stop changing the business name. Do the right things.

Worked for America's Job Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at America's Job Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for America's Job Network CEO Robert J Gerberg Jr. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by America's Job Network employees.