American Access Casualty Company

Daniel T Cummings

You will grow

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent work schedule that strengthens work culture

Cons

Multi-tasking can be challenging to a keep up with

Hire more people to spread the work out

Most awful company ever!

Current Employee - Underwriter  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

Free coffee n bagels on Fridays if u get there in
    time!

Cons

CEO, management, supervisors and HORRIBLE training program

Learn how to manage people, not cattle. Learn how to not yell across office while rep on phone, treat people like employees not just numbers. Customer service should be number 1. Not just revenue. Which is all that this company cares about.

American Access Casualty Company Response

Sep 28, 2014Chief Strategy Officer

Hearing such feedback publically, frankly, and from a current employee is never easy. While your post implies that you would not be comfortable or hopeful that a discussion with your supervisors ... More

Sadly disappointed!!!!!

Former Employee - IT  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - IT in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, One day a week working from home, during the summer there is an option of flextime, Very laid back environment, competitive salary.

Cons

Some managers are taking ideas from employees, and presenting them as theirs own without any shame. Lack of desire to improve. Decadent or absent planning and design. Project manager has no idea what is going on or how to manage the projects. Upper managers MIA for WEEKS. All the good ideas or initiatives are discarded if they are not "EASY" . Quantity over quality mentality. Unrealistic expectations when the scope of the project is evidently too big. the WORST database that I have ever seen, it is almost impossible to work with it. Using a programming language that is almost death.

Application development department is in a big trouble. This company needs a REAL project manager.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where careers go to die

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co workers n only 2,upper managers

Cons

Preference due to people are related, atmosphere like sweat shop, CEO nonexistent ( even you seem him everyday and barely get a hello if you are fortunate. Supervisors are so completely incapable of emotions. Especially kindness and understanding. Too bad because these companies are a dime a dozen. They don't care about their employees, only when they need to be reprimanded. Treated like a child and not an adult. Try to make it look like a beautiful cake but taste like rotten cheese. Do yourself a favor and RUN AWAY! Btw their training program is a joke!

Take classes in REAL customer service and employee treatment if you don't want to end up like the other car insurance companies. Good luck if you make it.

Horrible, Avoid Avoid Avoid

Current Employee - Claims  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Claims in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home for some. some good people, ease of using the technology available although outdated, flex program

Cons

Overall lack of respect for people, treat you like a child, poor management, poor procedures/ polices,unrealistic demands/timelines, out dated thinking, never complementing you for anything, always focusing on the negative, acd phone line, poor communication, poor pay, lack of experienced staff,lack of designated units ie, collision/pd, total loss, subrogation in and bi/um, favoritism which is disgusting and obvious. expect overtime with no pay or compensation in any form, non-existent teamwork

employee moral has hit rock bottom. a lot of workers are fed-up and dont care anymore. They are just doing what they can. no one does anything about it and never will.

Experience at AACC

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - IT Department in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time

Pros

HQ Location
    Monthly food
    Company outings and parties
    Benefits

Cons

Locations of agent offices
    You do and you're damm, you don't do and you're damm.

Stop hiring more managers and hire people who actually work.

AAG puts Family First

Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

When I first started AAG gave me the opportunity to work from home. As a single Dad this allowed me to spend more time with my kids. I was home when they went to school and when they got back from school. Sick days and Dr. Appointments where so much easier to deal with. Making up lost time during the normal work day, could be made up in off hours. There were times that meetings or phone calls were postponed or paused for daddy duties.
    I sometimes would feel guilty as if I was ignoring my job. But as the years have gone by I see this happening to other co-workers. Day care issues, sick kids this list goes on. There is no more calling in to work to say I can’t work today because of my son is sick. Now it is my son is sick so I will be working from home today.
    AAG keeps up with technology that allows working from home to be as productive as working from the office. In fact I feel sometimes I am more productive at home than in the office.

Cons

Growing pains. We have grown so much over the years that it is difficult to keep up with the growth, from an infrastructure and office space perspective. We have been doubled and even tripled up in offices. Working from home helps with that dilemma as well.

Motivational Task Force Keep it up! I think keeping employees happy is essential to our success. The end of year party, summer outing, monthly lunches, bonuses to name a few are really important.

Very good.

Current Employee - Adjuster  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Adjuster in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

Handling claims is handling claims - the core job functions don't change, so it's all about work environment, corporate culture and company attitude. Overall, I've been very happy working for this company. I've find management to be flexible and knowledgeable and the work environment to be laid back and casual. Many of the [IT] systems used to do the work are top-notch. The company does want to reinvent its image to be on par with larger, standard companies and management, in contrast with other non-standard carriers, does provide adjusters with the tools / ability to pay claims fairly and in a timely fashion.

Cons

Policies and procedures can be sketchy and inconsistent at times, esp. if a claim is unusual or out of the ordinary. Pay is consistent with other Illinois non-standards but is lower than that of a standard. A new-ish casualty insurer that at times still has a bit of a "start-up" feel to it.

Overall, I have been happy w/ mgmt. At times upper mgmt takes a "manage by fear" approach, which is counter-productive, in my opinion. Happy employees are productive employees and productive employees mean larger profits for everyone. You'll always attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

So far so good!

Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

i have only been here a short time, but everyone is very friendly and welcoming. There is a lot of cooperation between staff and senior management.

Cons

Certain projects are slower to move along than i would like.

While business is important...it's how we pay the bills...the support behind it is very important as well. We can't let upgrades and other infrastructure improvements runt o the wayside in an effort to push business features. A good balance needs to be struck.

Sad

Former Employee - Adjuster  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Adjuster in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

They Offer food once a month and a Christmas party. They attempt to bring everyone together by doing company outings.

Cons

Very poor pay, incompetent management, no 401k match, benefits are ok no room for promotion or growth of any kind.Make you work on Saturdays and you are expected to come in early and stay late without any sort of compensation, large pending of files . Management talks down to you.

Listen to your staff and attempt to understand the stress they are under instead of having a "to bad the economy is tough so stick it out cause there aint nothing better"kind of attitude. Attempt to do reviews yearly and on time.

American Access Casualty Company Photos

AACC company picture
AACC helps build a playground!

+ Add Photo

Worked for American Access Casualty Company? Contribute to the Community!