American Access Casualty Company

Daniel T Cummings

You will grow

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent work schedule that strengthens work culture

Cons

Multi-tasking can be challenging to a keep up with

Hire more people to spread the work out

You don't know what are getting into, think twice

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees personalities and Farrah Ali

Cons

Supervisors are very demeaning and treat you like you are number not a person who wants to grow and learn. It seemed like a factory environment!

Maybe Dan Cummings CEO can be more personable and not just a person you pass in hallway and nod at. I never was formally introduced to him and he never even never my name and yet ever made eye contact.

Horrible, Avoid Avoid Avoid

Current Employee - Claims  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Claims in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home for some. some good people, ease of using the technology available although outdated, flex program

Cons

Overall lack of respect for people, treat you like a child, poor management, poor procedures/ polices,unrealistic demands/timelines, out dated thinking, never complementing you for anything, always focusing on the negative, acd phone line, poor communication, poor pay, lack of experienced staff,lack of designated units ie, collision/pd, total loss, subrogation in and bi/um, favoritism which is disgusting and obvious. expect overtime with no pay or compensation in any form, non-existent teamwork

employee moral has hit rock bottom. a lot of workers are fed-up and dont care anymore. They are just doing what they can. no one does anything about it and never will.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience at AACC

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - IT Department in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company full-time

Pros

HQ Location
    Monthly food
    Company outings and parties
    Benefits

Cons

Locations of agent offices
    You do and you're damm, you don't do and you're damm.

Stop hiring more managers and hire people who actually work.

AAG puts Family First

Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

When I first started AAG gave me the opportunity to work from home. As a single Dad this allowed me to spend more time with my kids. I was home when they went to school and when they got back from school. Sick days and Dr. Appointments where so much easier to deal with. Making up lost time during the normal work day, could be made up in off hours. There were times that meetings or phone calls were postponed or paused for daddy duties.
    I sometimes would feel guilty as if I was ignoring my job. But as the years have gone by I see this happening to other co-workers. Day care issues, sick kids this list goes on. There is no more calling in to work to say I can’t work today because of my son is sick. Now it is my son is sick so I will be working from home today.
    AAG keeps up with technology that allows working from home to be as productive as working from the office. In fact I feel sometimes I am more productive at home than in the office.

Cons

Growing pains. We have grown so much over the years that it is difficult to keep up with the growth, from an infrastructure and office space perspective. We have been doubled and even tripled up in offices. Working from home helps with that dilemma as well.

Motivational Task Force Keep it up! I think keeping employees happy is essential to our success. The end of year party, summer outing, monthly lunches, bonuses to name a few are really important.

Very good.

Current Employee - Adjuster  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Adjuster in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

Handling claims is handling claims - the core job functions don't change, so it's all about work environment, corporate culture and company attitude. Overall, I've been very happy working for this company. I've find management to be flexible and knowledgeable and the work environment to be laid back and casual. Many of the [IT] systems used to do the work are top-notch. The company does want to reinvent its image to be on par with larger, standard companies and management, in contrast with other non-standard carriers, does provide adjusters with the tools / ability to pay claims fairly and in a timely fashion.

Cons

Policies and procedures can be sketchy and inconsistent at times, esp. if a claim is unusual or out of the ordinary. Pay is consistent with other Illinois non-standards but is lower than that of a standard. A new-ish casualty insurer that at times still has a bit of a "start-up" feel to it.

Overall, I have been happy w/ mgmt. At times upper mgmt takes a "manage by fear" approach, which is counter-productive, in my opinion. Happy employees are productive employees and productive employees mean larger profits for everyone. You'll always attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

So far so good!

Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

i have only been here a short time, but everyone is very friendly and welcoming. There is a lot of cooperation between staff and senior management.

Cons

Certain projects are slower to move along than i would like.

While business is important...it's how we pay the bills...the support behind it is very important as well. We can't let upgrades and other infrastructure improvements runt o the wayside in an effort to push business features. A good balance needs to be struck.

Sad

Former Employee - Adjuster  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Adjuster in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

They Offer food once a month and a Christmas party. They attempt to bring everyone together by doing company outings.

Cons

Very poor pay, incompetent management, no 401k match, benefits are ok no room for promotion or growth of any kind.Make you work on Saturdays and you are expected to come in early and stay late without any sort of compensation, large pending of files . Management talks down to you.

Listen to your staff and attempt to understand the stress they are under instead of having a "to bad the economy is tough so stick it out cause there aint nothing better"kind of attitude. Attempt to do reviews yearly and on time.

American Access Casualty Company - A great place to develop

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at American Access Casualty Company

Pros

American Access Casualty Company is a great place to work because they fully support their employees, are fair to their customers and have a plan as to where they are going.

Cons

American Access Casualty Company is only 10 years old and has grown quickly. Sometimes they struggle with change or with things that are different in other parts of the country where they have not operated before.

Management should be humble and open minded. Although there is a tremendous amount of experience and smarts in management, others have valuable contributions to make.

Worked for American Access Casualty Company? Contribute to the Community!