American Addiction Centers

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014
3.2

Michael Cartwright

Company with a vision, navigating murky waters.

Former Employee - Counselor  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Counselor in Dallas, TX

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, plenty of opportunity for advancement, good compensation compared to competitors, potential to relocate to another location if desired.

Cons

Fairly high-turnover rates for management, often required to work weekends/holidays.

Consider motivating incentives for good performance, clearly communicate company vision and get rid of people who work against it.

The good the bad and the unloyal

Former Employee - Treatment Consultant (Inside Sales)  in  Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Treatment Consultant (Inside Sales) in Temecula, CA

I worked at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rewarding experience, helping people change their lives.

Cons

Company relocated to TN. Leaving behind many loyal employees.

Stay loyal to California, where your treatment facilities are located.

Great Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office culture is very relaxed and the people are very friendly. Everyone who I have come in contact with from entry level to upper management have all been very helpful and very accessible to answer any questions that come up. A rewarding job to know that at the end of the day your efforts are helping individuals get in to treatment and change their lives by beating their addiction to drugs and alcohol. The benefits are good and there seems to be plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

I have only been with the company for a few months so far, but I can honestly say that I have absolutely no complaints so far.

In my experience so far management does a good job of keeping the employees informed of things that are happening within the company and about the future growth of the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic, innovative company.

Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

This is a great company to work for. People genuinely care about what they do. Company is on the leading edge as far as treatment services. It is exciting and innovative.

Cons

Company is growing at a fast pace, this can be great, and also cause some growing pains that can be worked through.

Fantastic group of employees here, continue listening to them and hearing their feedback and ideas.

Turned my life around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at American Addiction Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

My boss is laid back and understanding. The benefits are great. Plenty of PTO. The upper management is very accesible. It feels like one big team. You really start to value the work you are doing because we are saving lives.

Cons

Because of such growth the office is beginning to feel a little cramped. But that is good thing to have happen.

Continue to keep your ear to the ground. Stay in touch with all components of your team. Continue with positive reinforcement.

Worst Company/Ownership

Current Employee - Intake Coordinator  in  Murrieta, CA
    Current Employee - Intake Coordinator in Murrieta, CA

Pros

helped people in bad situations

Cons

Constantly found a way to not pay commissions. Lied to from ownership and management constantly . Company was sued for not allowing employees to take breaks or lunches. Was asked to work from home after our shifts but not paid for it. Management threatened to beat up their employees during team meetings. Productive staff was not valued. Their slogan was to fill beds make money and save lives, sad that save lives is last when you are a treatment center.

Stop lying to employees. If you agree to pay someone for work don't turn around and not pay after they did the work.

Best job I have ever had.

I have been working at American Addiction Centers

Pros

I am an extremely proud employee if American Addiction Centers.
    I work with people who put their hearts into their work on a daily basis.
    The atmosphere is very lively in the call center, and there are times you can catch one of the CEO's on the phone helping with rescues.
    I have never once been trained to lie to a client, in fact I can remember a number of times where we were being told not to lie, our product is too good to lie about.
    I speak with former clients on a daily basis who are extremely grateful for everything we did for them, and feel that they are in debt to our programs for saving their life.

Cons

This is not an easy job!
    You have to possess the genuine desire to actually help people.
    You will speak to people on a daily basis, who are dying, and not all of them can be saved.
    Yes, it is stressful at times! Saving people's lives is not a walk in the park.

Encouragement!! Please continue to encourage us and keep the moral up! This makes for an extremely positive work environment.

Rewarding and challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Pros

Refreshing to work with a team of professionals that are innovative, diverse, talented and respect the strengths of one another. Everyone works hard and enjoys a laid back atmosphere. Team manager recognizes team's dedication to succeed, encourages a team effort and is sensitive to the balance of work/home life. Rewarding to work for a company that helps those recover from addiction. So many employees truly passionate about helping others. Management makes effort to recognize employees for meeting goals. Decent health benefits and pay.

Cons

Rapidly growing company that is experiencing some organizational turbulence, but moving in the right direction.

For the most part, keep up the good work. Take a little more time to listen to ideas of employees, give feedback on individual performance and incentive for personal growth within company.

American Addiction Centers: The Greenhouse

Current Employee - Family Therapist/Addictions Counselor  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Family Therapist/Addictions Counselor in Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

As an employee, I enjoy the professionalism of the entire staff, great efforts are made by the team to express appreciation for each employee at The Greenhouse. There is a team approach to all clinical, behavioral and case management staff.

The surroundings are beautiful and peaceful and in process of being improved to an extremely high quality. I have most of the equipment I need to be able to do my job plus a generous stipend for continuing education and training.

Clinical Staff work together to produce curriculum for treatment. Numerous tracks to meet specific needs are being created--Millennial Track, Grief Track, Trauma Track--along with our core curriculum. As the new construction is completed we will have an amazing campus to match a substance abuse treatment program that is outstanding.

Clinicians are treated with value and respect by the management.

Cons

Currently there is construction on the campus which interferes with employee parking but this is temporary. On rare occasion we lose power due to the construction but it is restored as quickly as possible.

Providing business cell phones to clinicians would be helpful as we use them to stay in communication with one another throughout the day due to the large size of the campus.

Really enjoy working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Pros

My coworkers at AAC are all great people to work with. The department I work in is fast-paced and high energy, so there's rarely a dull day. The benefits are great and include health insurance, ample vacation time, and access to the company's workout facility.

Cons

Although the quick rate at which the company is growing is mostly a good thing, there are some growing pains that management is having to work through.

Worked for American Addiction Centers? Contribute to the Community!