American Addiction Centers
www.americanaddictioncenters.com Brentwood, TN 500 to 999 Employees

American Addiction Centers Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Michael Cartwright

Best job I have ever had.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsI am an extremely proud employee if American Addiction Centers.
    I work with people who put their hearts into their work on a daily basis.
    The atmosphere is very lively in the call center, and there are times you can catch one of the CEO's on the phone helping with rescues.
    I have never once been trained to lie to a client, in fact I can remember a number of times where we were being told not to lie, our product is too good to lie about.
    I speak with former clients on a daily basis who are extremely grateful for everything we did for them, and feel that they are in debt to our programs for saving their life.

ConsThis is not an easy job!
    You have to possess the genuine desire to actually help people.
    You will speak to people on a daily basis, who are dying, and not all of them can be saved.
    Yes, it is stressful at times! Saving people's lives is not a walk in the park.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncouragement!! Please continue to encourage us and keep the moral up! This makes for an extremely positive work environment.

Worst Company/Ownership

Intake Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Murrieta, CA

Proshelped people in bad situations

ConsConstantly found a way to not pay commissions. Lied to from ownership and management constantly . Company was sued for not allowing employees to take breaks or lunches. Was asked to work from home after our shifts but not paid for it. Management threatened to beat up their employees during team meetings. Productive staff was not valued. Their slogan was to fill beds make money and save lives, sad that save lives is last when you are a treatment center.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to employees. If you agree to pay someone for work don't turn around and not pay after they did the work.

Rewarding and challenging

Brentwood, TN

ProsRefreshing to work with a team of professionals that are innovative, diverse, talented and respect the strengths of one another. Everyone works hard and enjoys a laid back atmosphere. Team manager recognizes team's dedication to succeed, encourages a team effort and is sensitive to the balance of work/home life. Rewarding to work for a company that helps those recover from addiction. So many employees truly passionate about helping others. Management makes effort to recognize employees for meeting goals. Decent health benefits and pay.

ConsRapidly growing company that is experiencing some organizational turbulence, but moving in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, keep up the good work. Take a little more time to listen to ideas of employees, give feedback on individual performance and incentive for personal growth within company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

American Addiction Centers: The Greenhouse

Family Therapist/Addictions Counselor (Current Employee)
    Grand Prairie, TX

ProsAs an employee, I enjoy the professionalism of the entire staff, great efforts are made by the team to express appreciation for each employee at The Greenhouse. There is a team approach to all clinical, behavioral and case management staff.

The surroundings are beautiful and peaceful and in process of being improved to an extremely high quality. I have most of the equipment I need to be able to do my job plus a generous stipend for continuing education and training.

Clinical Staff work together to produce curriculum for treatment. Numerous tracks to meet specific needs are being created--Millennial Track, Grief Track, Trauma Track--along with our core curriculum. As the new construction is completed we will have an amazing campus to match a substance abuse treatment program that is outstanding.

Clinicians are treated with value and respect by the management.

ConsCurrently there is construction on the campus which interferes with employee parking but this is temporary. On rare occasion we lose power due to the construction but it is restored as quickly as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementProviding business cell phones to clinicians would be helpful as we use them to stay in communication with one another throughout the day due to the large size of the campus.

Really enjoy working here

Brentwood, TN

ProsMy coworkers at AAC are all great people to work with. The department I work in is fast-paced and high energy, so there's rarely a dull day. The benefits are great and include health insurance, ample vacation time, and access to the company's workout facility.

ConsAlthough the quick rate at which the company is growing is mostly a good thing, there are some growing pains that management is having to work through.

Rewarding and Fulfilling

(Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity to work among a group of very smart people who are passionate about what they do. This place offers a good environment to grow professionally and personally. Your work is valued and appreciation is shown. I enjoy being part of a growing company that is open to innovation and new approaches. Also, the work you are doing is saving lives. It's always great to hear from people who complete the program and turn their lives around.

ConsThis is a growing company. Which is a very good thing. That can, and does, create growing pains. Bugs are being worked out.

Very Bad Company, Very Bad Leadership, Owners are arrogant jerks with no respect for people

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

Prospays ok not great

flexible hours

ConsThey lie to customers, call center and staff are trained to lie

Very high pressure

Owners are the worst people I've ever met

treatment product and staff are poorly trainied and overworked, partly due to an owner who is not involved and thinks everybody but him is
    an idiot

Advice to Senior Managementget therapy, you definetely need it

Not a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people work in the call center. You get pretty good health benefits. It's cool to provide assistance to people who need help for their addiction.

ConsThe management is lousy, treats everyone else like they don't really matter. Company "philosophy" of saving lives is crammed down your throat all the time and yet the company is dishonest about services patients can expect. There were many "customer" complaints about this. It's obvious that it's more about being a business and making money than actually helping people and keeping the employees happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't anonymously write positive reviews to save face!

A company without integrity

ProsGreat employees who care about the patients. Passionate and well educated team members. Comp and benefits good. Good programs for patients.

ConsPoor leadership at all levels and a CEO who enjoys ripping his employees to shreds, doesn't appreciate their hard work, and pretends to care. Not employee focused. Employee areas such as break rooms and bathrooms are outdated and dirty. Company just wants private pay patients and drills this philosophy into staff endlessly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and appreciate their hard work. Learn what it means to be a leader. Have some integrity. Live by the values your preach. Care about your patients and stop pretending to be treatment centers for the rich and famous.

Very bizarre experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou could help people with drug addiction
    Good health benefits
    Some genuinely caring and smart people work there
    Free lunch

ConsPoorly managed/disorganized
    Lack of communication between departments and within the same depts
    Lots of turnover
    Higher mgmt doesn't seem to respect the people who work under them very much
    Lies to patients about what they will receive in treatment. Probably to get more people in the door
    The owner isn't very nice

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the employees more and don't lie to patients.

Worked for American Addiction Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Addiction Centers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Addiction Centers CEO Michael Cartwright. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by American Addiction Centers employees.