American Airlines

American Airlines Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 22, 2014

American Airlines CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

Pros
  • Good flight benefits if you know how to roll the dice with non-reving(in 133 reviews)

• working with some of the most experienced pilots in the industry, travel benefits(in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • The senior management is making it very difficult to want to stay(in 20 reviews)

• Finding a way to use the flight benefits as they really don't want you traveling or using your benefits(in 17 reviews)

235 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

interview

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat experience love the people!

ConsTakes a LOOONNNGG time be patient

Advice to Senior ManagementLove to have the processing time go faster.

A perspective from a prior union member now management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood pay if part of the unions.

ConsWell educated proactive employees are mostly kept on entry level management technical positions while Sr. management positions are often shared between legacy employees, and pilots who often do not have the necessary education and technical knowledge to manage an aviation business. Union members salaries are aabout 25% to 50% higer than management while entry level management is required to have 50% to 100% more education and qualifications.

AA.com Consultant

User Experience Lead (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsI worked on aa.com as a consultant. I loved the way American Airlines has embraced agile. They provide constant training on agile as well as having plenty of coaches on hand for any questions/issues that come up. Having this dedication to a "methodology" across disciplines has provided a very stable and structured environment. The people at American Airlines (corporate office) make the place special. I have made life-long friends there.

ConsI don't have very many cons. I loved working there. Perhaps the structured environment might be a "turn-off" to some people. I'm not there now for the merger although this might be a temporary disruption to an otherwise well-oiled machine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you have been doing. I found that most of the upper management were accessible and very supportive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Caught in Bankruptcy

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) DFW, TX

ProsGood pay friends and benfits

ConsToo much favoritism for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all AA management

Great place to work!

Applications Development Team Lead (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsAMR does invest in their people in terms of training and supporting you in new technology

ConsMerger causing insecurity for management levels

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out if US Airways has a matching position that will need to move to DaLLAS in the next 2 yrs

Hard Work, But Fun!!

Airport Agent (Former Employee) DFW, TX

ProsFlexibility and can swap out hours...

ConsHard work, long hours, weather at times, delays...

Advice to Senior ManagementLet us do our job and stand with us on issues!!!

Working For This Company Was a Wonderful Experience.

Transportation Servcies Agent (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosvery flexible with work hours, picking shifts, jobs, and fairness with everyone.

ConsCompany is currently going through growing pains and is in the middle of restructuring.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an open mind and listen to some of the employees ideas if they make sense that will increase revenues and profits for the company.

great place to work and the best benefits

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Proshard to combine with a second job

Constravel benefits are the best part of the job. you can travel everywhere :-)

Generally it is good, but you need to have politics....

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsBig company, Load work life balance, Stable environment

ConsIt is included a lot of politics when you send email. The salary wise you are not making a lot of money but you have flight benefit..

Reservations is a great job, not a career.

Senior Sales Agent Reservations (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsBenefits to travel are great when flights are available. Opportunities for advancement begin in Reservations.

ConsMicro-management gets old fast. It is impossible to get every call 100% correct and if you're on the bad side of a supervisor, you life can be made miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house in middle-management in Reservations. Made sure there is accountability and no one is allowed to run their personal agenda.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!