American Airlines

American Airlines Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

American Airlines CEO Doug Parker

Doug Parker

Pros
  • Good flight benefits if you know how to roll the dice with non-reving(in 133 reviews)

• working with some of the most experienced pilots in the industry, travel benefits(in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • The senior management is making it very difficult to want to stay(in 20 reviews)

• Finding a way to use the flight benefits as they really don't want you traveling or using your benefits(in 17 reviews)

interview

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat experience love the people!

ConsTakes a LOOONNNGG time be patient

Advice to Senior ManagementLove to have the processing time go faster.

AA good place to work

ProsCompany culture and values of the new AA

ConsHectic nature of the industry

The new American is here!

American Airlines Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThe family atmosphere is amazing! I have been a flight attendant with American for six months now and I feel truly supported. The flexibility is also wonderful.

ConsThe flight benefits as far as buddy passes are pretty high, and I've worked for three other airlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AA.com Consultant

User Experience Lead (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsI worked on aa.com as a consultant. I loved the way American Airlines has embraced agile. They provide constant training on agile as well as having plenty of coaches on hand for any questions/issues that come up. Having this dedication to a "methodology" across disciplines has provided a very stable and structured environment. The people at American Airlines (corporate office) make the place special. I have made life-long friends there.

ConsI don't have very many cons. I loved working there. Perhaps the structured environment might be a "turn-off" to some people. I'm not there now for the merger although this might be a temporary disruption to an otherwise well-oiled machine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you have been doing. I found that most of the upper management were accessible and very supportive.

great place to work and the best benefits

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Proshard to combine with a second job

Constravel benefits are the best part of the job. you can travel everywhere :-)

Working For This Company Was a Wonderful Experience.

Transportation Servcies Agent (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosvery flexible with work hours, picking shifts, jobs, and fairness with everyone.

ConsCompany is currently going through growing pains and is in the middle of restructuring.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an open mind and listen to some of the employees ideas if they make sense that will increase revenues and profits for the company.

gate agent

Gate Agent (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood company to work for..

ConsHave to work holidays all the time.

Good place to work

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsLoved flying had a good crew to work with.

Consto many late flights and to many kids playing with their phones and not focusing on the flight at the gate.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemind new hires that they HAVE TO WORK in all kinds of weather.

worked here for 20 years as a structure mechanic (7 years) and an avionics tech and crew chief (13 years)

Avionics Crew Chief (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

Prosthe pay was very good and had pretty good benefits ,the working hours were ok i didnt mind working different hours all of the time and they had alot of saftey precautions put in place

Conssome of the rules got quite crazy toward the end of my career there and some management let their positions go to their heads

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the workers do their jobs

A Great company

Station Agent (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsThe Travel and Benefits, Great people i met along the way.

ConsAlways research answers you may not know to find out the correct one.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!