American Arbitration Association

Updated September 1, 2014
Updated September 1, 2014
2.9

India Johnson

Loved my colleagues, but upper Management not so much!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at American Arbitration Association full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits (but I heard they've changed to bare bones), great office environment, and I absolutely loved my colleagues.

Cons

Upper management doesn't give a hoot what the underlings (who actually execute the work) think or feel, and will make complete structure & downsize changes without consideration for those left to do the work. Every year you get more and more added to your plate with no raise.

Listen to your employees!!

Lot of case management and great experience!

Former Employee - International Case Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - International Case Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at American Arbitration Association full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance, management understands the trials of motherhood and having children vs. trying to work and allows for flexibility.

Cons

The case management is tedious. The pay is limited but the benefits (non profit) are pretty good.

More hands on training instead of trying to wrap it up in a week or two with various trainers.

AAA

Former Employee - Case Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at American Arbitration Association full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They have very affordable insurance and very generous vacation and sick time, although they do not allow you to accrue time.

Cons

Uneven distribution of work. Lack of growth, Micromanagement.

Be more fair and consistent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gain Corporate experience , horrible company culture.

I have been working at American Arbitration Association

Pros

experience, gain insurance knowledge, customer service, relationships, training

Cons

Company Culture, Company Values, Growth, Understanding, Personal growth

Good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at American Arbitration Association full-time for less than a year

Pros

People, work environment, type of work, leadership is transparent.

Cons

Some managers could use people training, but the company seems to be addressing this.

The company is transitioning itself for the future by upgrading its IT infrastructure and services.

Former Employee - Oracle Financial Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Oracle Financial Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at American Arbitration Association as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The people are very nice and easy to work with. There is a nice presence of company culture and values.

Cons

The management needs to work more on coordinating objectives and activities. Providing a sense of job security would be great considering the mismanagement of IT projects was not reassuring.

My first job out of college. It paid the bills.

Former Employee - Construction Case Manager
    Former Employee - Construction Case Manager

I worked at American Arbitration Association full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely no overtime. Very structured schedule.
    Quiet Office. Mostly cubicles. Case managers constantly on the phone, so not really a buzz/energy in the air. I didn't mind that.
    Low Stress. If you can learn not to make other people's problems your own, this is a great job to be able to walk away from at the end of the day. There were a couple of working moms who loved the environment. I see now why it was a great fit for them. Structured hours, not lots of birthday lunches, happy hours, overtime, or drama.
    I enjoyed learning about the construction industry. The arbitrators I worked with were engineers, architects, electricians, and lawyers. Interesting people. Can't say the same about AAA management.

Cons

Very poor office culture. Very distinct us and them between management and case managers.
    Constantly told case managers are replaceable. (That was my title.)
    Little opportunity for upward mobility within organization.
    Dull job overall.

Case Administrator

Former Employee - Case Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Case Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at American Arbitration Association full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful opportunity to learn about alternative dispute resolution and work with outstanding arbitrators and mediators.

Cons

Too much micro-managing. Upper management is completely unorganized and have no idea how to implement new procedures. There haven't been any raises for employees in 5 years. Employees are overworked and under paid. EEOC issues, such as sexual harassment, are not handled appropriately. Too much retaliation from management against employees. Too much lack of communication. Lots of lay offs.

Instead of laying off your devout employees, start compensating them better, respecting them and rewarding them for their work. STOP MICRO-MANAGING!!! If you want to get rid of employees, GET RID OF THE USELESS VICE-PRESIDENTS and replace them with people who are more creative and fresh.

Global leader in providing Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services to individuals, government, and corporations.

I worked at American Arbitration Association

Pros

For the most part good benefits in the form of PTO, medical insurance coverage, short and long term disability. Their mission of service.

Cons

Compensation lags significantly behind the private sector and management has made budget over the last 20 years by cutting staff and offices thus reducing the footprint. Little care has been paid to employee morale.

A mix of positive interaction with contract arbitrators and frustration with ineffective management team.

Former Employee - Mid Level Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Mid Level Manager in New York, NY

I worked at American Arbitration Association full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent arbitrators, highly skilled and good people.

Cons

A very ineffective management team.

Practice what the organization's mission statement preaches. Listen to your employees rather than intimidate them.

Worked for American Arbitration Association? Contribute to the Community!