American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

American Automobile Association (AAA) President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet

Robert L. Darbelnet

Pros
  • They also offered 2 days Work From home, that was a great way for Work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, nice offices and good training opportunities for employees(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management treats call center employees like slaves working in a sweat shop(in 9 reviews)

• Senior management had no idea about the working conditions in their department(in 8 reviews)

Travel Agent

Travel Agent (Former Employee)

ProsTravel Benefits and healthcare benefits

Conspay was low, unable to live on $12.50 an hour

former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits are the only good thing. job is easy but they dont train well at all

Consbad management and arrogant. doesn't listen to employees which results in member's suffering

AAA was a great experience and they provided me with the opportunity to provide excellent customer service to our member

Policy Specialist I (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsAAA provides the never ending ability to evolve within the company, great training resources and tools, great positive atmosphere, benefits and competitive compensations

ConsGetting time off for family functions are difficult

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gave them 12 great years of service, then had knife jabbed in back.

Realtime Adherence Coordinator (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFor the most part, stable work environment. Many great people working there, a few, though, would step on you to get ahead.

ConsMicromanagement. Only looking for numbers, not the overall "membership experience". Management says one thing, then enforces a different standard, leaving the staff worried about which rules to follow and which ones to let slide. Staff constantly looking over their shoulder.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice the customer service standards that got you where you are today.

Overall, I had a growing, challenging and good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has a lot of great potential, very conservative yet, some upper management is willing to grow... SLOWLY but surely. Overall leadership has great vision.

ConsThere will always be leaders in a company who are not trusting, disrespectful and condescending, this is company is no different. Compensation could be highly improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, and TRUST and appreciate them. Without them, the company can go nowhere.

It is what it is

ProsClaim to offer as much overtime as you want. In-depth training provided.

ConsRepetitive work with low pay.

Worst job I ever had

Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThere is NO good reason to work here unless you want benefits and even those aren't great.

ConsWorked as "Customer Advocate" (apparently they don't know the meaning of advocate.) Just laid off in April with 128 other people. Taking road service calls. 5 page script - if you miss one item you fail the call. You are recorded. You are micromanaged to death. You cannot make any suggestions or comments. If you try to go any higher than your supervisor you are written up. There's no advancement. Also calltakers were melding into dispatchers over the past few months. Drivers have quit because they no long pay them for gone on arrival calls. I think drivers have quit or been let go because the wait times have escalated. Used to be within 45 mins - now wait time in most places 1-2 hours. So called "priority" calls (like on the interstate) are no longer a priorty tho they tell you that. Recently had to experience that first hand when broke down in Lakeland (live in Pinellas a 40 min drive). Broke down on interstate. 5 people - two elderly two diabetics. What water we had we put in car. It was rainy, getting dark, no bathroom, no food, no water. Called AAA - said it would be priority. Called an hour later to inquire where driver was and they said were having a hard time finding a driver that wanted to drive to Pinellas. Friend came and picked up the 3 ladies and the men stayed with the car. Ladies waited til driver called at 9:50 saying he would be there soon so we left. They said driver showed up at 10:10 - 3 hours after we called. (we stopped quick to go to use a restroom at a gas station) We got to our street and the tow truck was there. The guys said he drove 80 miles an hour the entire way. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here even if it was the only thing available. The stress is simply not worth it. The money is crap for what you have to go through and do. You have no say - it's just do your job and shut up. I see AAA going downhill- no one needs maps anymore with GPS and everyone can do their own travel arrangements online. Auto Vantage has a much better deal for less price and you get more (150 miles towing, home/car lockout and when you call them they can find you immediately - a technology AAA only has for 2 phone services.) Can't tell you how many calls I took where the member had no clue where they were at and expected us to find them!

AAA Car Care is a joke for a mechanic, Jiffy Lube is better!

Car Care Technician (Former Employee) Apex, NC

ProsLifetime AAA membership
    Closed Sunday and holidays
    Uniforms paid after 90 days of service

ConsVery low pay. Entirely commission based.
    No customers means NO MONEY!
    Bad location for a store
    High expectations for the pay
    Long, boring days
    No holiday pay

Advice to Senior ManagementTry caring about your employees instead of profits. And stop lying to people and the government and saying you are non-profit. Everyone knows you make millions!

Conservative Company

Senior Ops Analyst (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsClose to home and friendly co-workers

ConsExpect & demand too much work but not enough resources. No training on job......

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to work with employees to help them develop.

Proseasy life, hourly pay, rewards

Conslow pay, high speed, no team

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!