American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
Profile Unclaimed

American Automobile Association (AAA) Reviews

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015

American Automobile Association (AAA) President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet
Robert L. Darbelnet

Pros
  • They also offered 2 days Work From home, that was a great way for Work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• They do have good benefits and nice coworkers (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management staff is completely unhelpful (in 13 reviews)

• Lack of communication between leaders results in finger pointing and lies ending with agents taking the fall (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

BEST COMPANY!

Current Intern - Intern in Heathrow, FL
    Current Intern - Intern in Heathrow, FL

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Respect, tradition, incredible work environment, great pay and benefits.

Cons

Because it is a traditional company, there are a lot of policies in place that need to be followed.

Good

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Friendly staff and lots of growth potential

Cons

Ignore this bogus review, it's a filler only.

A Company of Comrades.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

From day one until my last day I can honestly say I've had a positive experience. I felt like my dreams were always a group goal. I worked in the call center in Hamilton NJ. I went to AAA with a goal to eventually get into the Insurance department. I went in for a Roadside Assistance RACC position. While in the interview I asked about the insurance department and was told applying for Membership MCC and working sales would be a good route into getting to the Insurance department. So I worked in membership as an occasional and I was promoted to a permanent part time then full time and then given a raise. At the end of the year I applied for and got the Insurance position and got it just like I had been hoping for so much. While in the membership department I found everyone was friendly and genuinely caring. The building was clean and had easily understandable computer systems. For a call center the desks were more spaced out then expected. The membership department and Insurance Department had about the same size desk except in the insurance department the cabinets caused the cubicle walls to be high up so it was difficult to socialize. Not to say that was a bad thing though because sometimes you really needed that to concentrate. The insurance department was the first time that I ever felt stressed working for AAA. However, the Insurance department definitely paid me well enough to compensate for the additional stress. I loved every person I worked with and for the most part I can honestly say I was treated fairly the entire time I worked there. This is a very organized and systematic company and I was not. Having ADD I would tend to be distracted allot and my supervisors all worked with me to make sure there was always a system for me to succeed and it was not difficult to succeed there you just need to keep applying for and asking about promotions and take advice from your management when it comes to your plan to reach your goals there. I would still be working for them if I hadn't moved.

PS: they have a Lyncs program which lets you IM anyone in the company and it's pretty cool.

Cons

It may be a call center job but if you are doing RACC or MCC (Roadside Assistance or Membership) then it can also be dangerous. I had some snow storms I had to drive in for that I ended up stuck in a ditch. I still got compensated a bit extra in my paycheck for driving in hazardous conditions but I still would have rather not. Also during holidays it is hard to get approved for PTO. There are strict adherence policies for break and aux times so you are going to be sitting in one place allot. Day shift was much more fast paced and sometimes a bit overwhelming during certain times but there was more opportunity to make sales on each call. Night shift was layed back because there were less calls but you will find yourself using PTO to leave early when things get slow. They will never make you use your PTO but if there is no one sitting next to you it will get boring enough that you will want to take them up on it. The Gym is nice but small and costs like $8 or $9 a month . If your Gym badge randomly stops working it takes nearly two weeks for it to get fixed and you still get charged for that time.

I would say keep doing what your doing except there is one area to improve on in each department. In Membership I would recommend weekly sales meetings and the ability for an agent out of training to shadow other agents so they can adopt and share new sales strategies. It was nice to see everyone being so competitive and helpful to each other and I can tell everyone benefit a great deal from coaching some people learn by example. I'm one of those people and I was lucky to have such a great training and the ability to shadow so many of the Champions when I first started.

For the Insurance Department managers I would also say you guys were great. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure everyone has access to all of the passcodes needed to access each of the systems. The lack of being able to perform my job in its full capacity during the time I did not have access to my systems cost me money in opportunities lost and caused me great stress while trying to learn the systems during Ramp Up.

All in all though I love and miss all of you guys in MCC and Insurance and to any of my other friends from AAA who might be reading this.

Nice place to work, job not so nice

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful leaders at this company. Excellent cafeteria for lunches. Building is also very nice.

Cons

Overloaded with claims cases. Lots of turnover due to dealing with angy insured.

Less claims per adjuster.

wonderful company

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Lancaster, PA

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

excellent benefits, fun place to work

Cons

low pay and that is all that I can really list as a con

I wish I would have never left

not bad

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

decent pay and lax supervision

Cons

good luck wanting to move up!

great management

Call Advocate- Roadside Assistance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

You get paid to sit down and talk. Also when it's busy you get free food provided to you. Training was pretty okay, you're in front of computers and it's pretty much like a college class, but with work hours.

Cons

You only sit and talk. My voice hurts all the time from the amount of people I have to talk to every day. There are a ton of regulations you need to know about and you anger a lot of people because we don't provide certain services.

You're doing okay, but I'm not a huge fan of the amount of rules/regulations we have because customers get really angry because of it.

Ever changing company environment for the worse

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant
    Current Employee - Insurance Consultant

Pros

Profit sharing, paid PTO if not used at the end of the year

Cons

Long hours, poor morale, culture of micro-managing individuals, compensation plan continual changes and most times in the favor of the company. Advancement opportunities are slim and most times agents that are good employees can be blackballed by HQ preventing them from advancing. A number of opportunities are limited to the HQ employees and it is difficult for field/branch agents to promote into desirable positions outside of sales/sales mgmt. Company is in aggressive growth mode that is alienating tenured agents by bringing numerous new employees with low knowledge of the industry. Turnover is evident and looks to be growing.

AAA

Current Employee - Clerk in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Lexington, MA

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Balance work and personal life

Cons

Pay isnot good ,they need to work on that

AAAAAA

Could be improved

Former Employee - Service Specialist II in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Service Specialist II in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Tickets to the Speedway, museums, car shows, & company bonus'.

Cons

Cold, untrusting atmosphere, difficult to find a supervisor when needed, not a regular practice to call members back when they have a problem that can't be solved right away-company has them call back.

A more congenial atmosphere, allow for call backs to members and don't dock employee for it, permit bathroom breaks other than scheduled breaks/meals.

American Automobile Association (AAA) Photos