American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Reviews

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015

American Automobile Association (AAA) President and CEO Robert L. Darbelnet
Robert L. Darbelnet

Pros
  • They also offered 2 days Work From home, that was a great way for Work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• They do have good benefits and nice coworkers (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management staff is completely unhelpful (in 13 reviews)

• Lack of communication between leaders results in finger pointing and lies ending with agents taking the fall (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Claims Service Representative

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Coppell, TX

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, and culture. If you have the right manager, your workday is primarily based on the system that you create to make your day go smoothly. Most of the manager's are open and available, "I'm here if you need me", instead of constantly looking over your shoulder. All but one. The company gives a lot of free-bee's from vendors and company engagements. It is pretty much, work at your pace, which if you do not want to get behind (in claims), better not be a slow pace, you handled a lot of different cases all at once and there is minimal time for leisure. The pay isn't bad at all, especially for someone new/out of college, looking for entry-level, or a single parent looking for stability, etc. I really think the compensation is what keeps you there. I liked the involvement of the upper management as far as making you feel apart of a team or organization and actually noticing and acknowledging the effort that you put forth.

Cons

Initially, coming from training, your told that you will be slowly introduced into the claims process, which turned out not to be the case. After training, it went from 12 cases at time to 30, to 60, to 70 cases within a month or so. Therefore, a lot of the cases were being worked by trial and error because you are not allotted sufficient time to work or build upon the minimal training that you received. Work-life balance, initially we were told no weekends, then it went from 1 weekend every 5-6 weeks, to 1 weekend every 4 weeks, which also mean added expenses to those with children having to find additional daycare.

Less meetings, it really slows things down from the small amount of time that we have. Implement better training initially, find a consistent training program. Some, go to California to train for weeks, others stay in Texas and train for one week in a very vague learning process. There is so much miscommunication on some of the formalities and processes, I suggest overall consistency throughout the management team. Something needs to be done to get that one manager on the same page with everyone else; he has good intentions but can really put a damper on morale.

Was great to work for. But now changing.

Current Employee - Road Side Tech in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Road Side Tech in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time

Pros

Job itself is easy. Do your job you are left alone most of the time. Set shifts and over time if you want it.

Cons

The company seems to be going to all about the numbers. How many battery's you sell how man calls you run. The take the members word over yours every time so if a member said you messed up something no matter what it is they are going to tale the members side.

Go back to true member satisfaction. Nit making drivers run as fast as they can and not help the member 100%.

Slowly Failing Company

Former Employee - Travel Agent
    Former Employee - Travel Agent

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Hours 8-5.....that's the only pro possible.

Cons

Branch manager lacked skills and knowledge to lead team otherwise the branch numbers might have exceeded goals regularly. No marketing efforts to seek new clientele. Poor management overall. Failing industry and failing company.

Place trained managers over trained employees

Great company to work with!

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Monterey, CA

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA) part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great people to work with, boss was very thoughtful, very caring for their subordinates, have all the annual leave, and sick leave credits.

Cons

I am satisfied with this company. I just need to take care of other personal stuff and need to take a break from work.

Pay equates to required effort

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Newburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good and thorough training. Adequate compensation. No micromanagement. Nice benefits packages, free membership.

Cons

none that come to mind

Keep up the good work.

Roadside Assistance

Former Employee - Receiver in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Receiver in Burbank, CA

I worked at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Shift differential pay, good staff, mostly organized, good days off when asked for.

Cons

Locations for me to work at were too far from home. Even though I was in the middle of both, commuting to these locations was a hassle.

Making sure you keep your team motivated was crucial for me, and one only one of the two managers I worked with did that. Additionally, approve days off in advance versus waiting till the last minute. This way, people can give their job the same priority you expect it to receive.

Fun workplace

Current Employee - Car Broker in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Car Broker in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

No micro management, promotes individual style

Cons

Paid holidays would be nice

Keep doing what you are doing, great management

Good company.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Insurance Agent in Town and Country, MO
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Insurance Agent in Town and Country, MO

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Flexible. Stable. Advancement opportunities. Great people.

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side for the work.

Call Center - We're helping motorists 24/7!

Current Employee - Call Center in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center in New York, NY

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been here for two years now. Started P/T - now I'm full time for benefits. Great training class! I've helped a lot of people across the USA - mastered searches on Google maps, auto care, lodging, membership benefits. There is a 401K matching program, dental / medical, and now a retirement pension! Co-workers are friendly, but there is never time to mingle. Most of the Supervisors are great! We get two 15 min. breaks and a 30 min lunch.

Cons

I sit with my head attached to a phone for 7.5 hours. I've gained 45lbs in my first 6 mos. The calls come non-stop with a loud beep in between. Certain supervisors yell @ counselors across the room. Calls can be stressful when drivers are in danger. Sometimes its hard to sleep at night.

Set us up (in the future) so we can assist members with roadside calls from home. I need to get out of that chair.
    Allow a casual dress day.
    -or at least sneakers under our desk (no one sees our feet).

Very good company to work for if you want to be in insurance.

Current Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Claims Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

They offer lots of support.
    The training program is very comprehensive.
    They focus on employee development/advancement.
    They value their employees.

Cons

Workload can be slightly overwhelming during very busy times of year.
    Can be difficult to get approved to take your PTO days, unless you are able to request well in advance.

American Automobile Association (AAA) Photos